It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Samantha Bee proves hypocrisy on firing people for offensive jokes

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

It doesn't matter most Americans see through the facade of the left and they keep doing the same thing over and over again. The hypocrisy of them is not hidden in the shadows they project it openly and for all to see.

They keep hurting themselves and destroying their chances to take Congress or defeat Trump.

They will keep losing at the polls where it counts. Let them have Hollywood.
edit on 1-6-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: Khaleesi

They are not the same. A woman calling another woman a "****" does not reduce women to sub-human status.

It's vulgar, but it's not racist.

Spin it all you want.

Are you a man or a woman? I'm guessing ... man. As a woman I can tell you you are wrong.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

a reply to: Khaleesi

They are not the same. A woman calling another woman a "****" does not reduce women to sub-human status.

It's vulgar, but it's not racist.

Spin it all you want.

Are you a man or a woman? I'm guessing ... man. As a woman I can tell you you are wrong.

It's not racist. Period.

So it's different, and incomparable.
edit on 1-6-2018 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ker2010
Don't believe all the bullcrap they are spreading. If it were not fake, they wouldn't have to work so hard at speaking this lie into truth.

I live in the heart of Trump company, so I was not surprised to hear the general consensus to be against RB being fired, but when I had to make a trip over to an area that is considered super wealthy and to a section that is mixed with middle class and poor folk in very close proximity, still I found the majority of the people stating that they thought this was all just BS, and that they didn't feel it was right that she lost her job for the Tweet.

Another odd thing. While most all thought she should not have lost her job, they all said that she should not have said what she said.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

actually, there is a difference between the two. Roseanne's actions was her actions, it wasn't part of her character's role.. it was her.
Samantha, well, you sure it is her that even writes the script or was it given to her and it was her job to play the role?
as far as getting into which comments were worse, I just ain't going there. they were both unkind and so I see a problem with both of them.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: redmage

originally posted by: fiverx313
imo, it's different if it's a woman who says it.

So would it be different if Ben Carson called Malia Obama a n- while ranting that she should have sex with her father to get him to change his policies?

Would that be ok?

If you think Malia is a man...

By today's standards skin tone alone doesn't make them "identity peers", and that's not even touching upon going back to the notion of "attacking the kids" which got us to the political toxicity of today.

This is ridiculous.

So, it would be ok if Candace Owen called Malia Obama a n- and said she should seduce her father to get him to change his policies...

The more we fine tune the rules, the more the rulemakers look like they are totally fine with the disparaging use of n-word towards black people...in certain cases.

Oh I wish George Carlin could chime in with his version of what this is! His wit in matters of describing the logic were awesome doing his "list of 7 words" and the ones that are 'tweeners...

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   

One is unquestionably misogynistic and the other can be viewed as racist.

A woman said it to another woman, so it's not unquestionably misogynistic. Had a man had said it instead of a woman, you might have a point.

See the difference?

The other, however, is unquestionably racist.

Unquestionably: in a way that cannot be disputed or doubted; without question.

Uhm, Mr. Kotter? Mr. Kotter!?! MEEEESTERRRR KAHHHHDTERRRRR!?!?!?

It can't be "unquestionable" because a number of folks, including myself, have not only questioned whether it was racist, we've come right out said it wasn't.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

It can't be "unquestionable" because a number of folks, including myself, have not only questioned whether it was racist, we've come right out said it wasn't.

So you get the point?

To say it's unquestionably misogynistic but not unquestionably (but "likely") racist, when many do not agree it was misogynistic at all, but many call it "unquestionably" racist (which it was), is the point in calling out the one-sided rhetoric of the post to which I replied.

It can't be unquestionably misogynistic, because I and others question whether it was and say it isn't.

edit on 1-6-2018 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

OK, I do get the point. By the same token, I don't believe either should matter because they're subjective. Just as anyone is welcome to call Roseanne a fat dumbass, I would feel anyone is welcome to call Samantha Bee an annoying dumbass... the mysoginy/racist/sexist/whateverist part of the argument on both is meaningless drivel because it's all in the eyes/ears of the beholder. If either of them offended you, then it's on you, not on them.

Way back on the first page of this discussion I pointed out the obvious... Ivanka Trump, with her millions of dollars, supermodel looks, wealthy husband, more power than possibly any woman has wielded in this country's history almost certainly didn't lose any sleep over nor really gave a hairy rat's red ass over the insults of some barely known, homely ass slob with an annoying voice and a nighttime cable show. To that end, I don't understand folk getting up in arms over it anymore than I did the Roseanne comments. Neither of them were wrong as they were just presenting their own personal opinions.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Yeah, but you are basing your questions on some imaginary rule you invented that women can't be misogynistic, when they can:

A 2016 study conducted by the think tank Demos concluded that 50% of all misogynistic tweets on Twitter come from women themselves.

Link

So you really have no sound reason to question whether it was misogynistic or not. Of course it was misogynistic...she called her a *snip* and then suggested she seduce her father.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Verified account

@realDonaldTrump
Follow
Follow @realDonaldTrump

More
"@MarkMcGrath87: @realDonaldTrump You have a #y demeanor." True!
6:21 PM - 5 Jul 2013

So, is this tweet misogynous or homophobic?

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Depends on what Sugar Gay is identifying as today, I suppose.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   

So basically, in your progressive stack, blacks rank higher than women? Racism is worse than misogyny? So a black person who is degraded by a racist slur is more hurt and offended than a women who is degraded by a sexist slur? But both of them would be more hurt and offended than someone who is just garden variety insulted?

I'm just wanting to figure out how you rank all this.

And where would a Mexican fit into this ... say those poor, insulted MS-13 gang members? Are they supposed to be more or less hurt and offended by being called animals than an African-American who is compared to an ape or a woman who is called a c***?

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

So, you don't see anything hypocritical about Trump using the c-word as an adjective, and then demanding that Samantha Bee get fired for using it as a noun? Or, that Roseanne Barr called Hillary a c-word in 2016 and still got an ABC sit-com, but Samantha Bee should be fired? Or, that meme-ing Hillary Clinton as a c-word, continuously during and after election is okay, but for Samantha Bee to call Ivanka the same thing is such an offense that Trump wants her to lose her job?

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

its not a double standard.

the standard is "dont make racist jokes".

rosanne did. sam b didnt.

also, the main issue with what sam said is that she used the c word. if she had used the b word, would there be this much outrage? i doubt it.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Where did I call for Bee to be fired? I will readily admit I've used the word she used, so a better question is why would I think she should be fired? I have very little issue with adults using whatever words they decide to use, including slurs. It's the hypocrisy of it all. Now, where Trump is concerned, he has the same right to defend himself as anyone else does. If someone called your daughter a name, I have to assume you'd use your words to return as good as you got. Not seeing a problem here.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   
What Rosanne said was NOT racist. #! Why can you people not get that?

She described someone. She did not say 'hang all people who look like Planet of the Apes Characters. Not even close. VJ DOES look like the one so who cares. But it was not racist. Keep pushing that narrative if it makes you feel better.

The presidents daughter. So, if Hannity called Chelsea a #...or maybe a right-leaning comedian, you think it would NOT be the lead story on the View? those dirty bitches passed it off as if it was nothing.

Sick..and sad. A women saying it is ok to call another women a # is like a black guy saying it is ok for his white friend to call his black friend a 'n-word'. We all know damn well it is derogatory. Stop the double standard...

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 01:35 AM
link   

"The double standard is ignoring the President of the United State's vulgar, racist and bigoted comments"

Example please? Preferably as President.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 03:03 AM
link   
This definitely should have been a mudpit thread. I'm missing out on so much of the bants

FYI... this lunatic still works for ABC and just recently got hired by ESPN. You know, the "sports" network that has driven away 2/3 of their audience. I'm sure it's totally gonna be about sports, right?

edit on 2-6-2018 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

So, you don't see anything hypocritical about Trump using the c-word as an adjective, and then demanding that Samantha Bee get fired for using it as a noun? Or, that Roseanne Barr called Hillary a c-word in 2016 and still got an ABC sit-com, but Samantha Bee should be fired? Or, that meme-ing Hillary Clinton as a c-word, continuously during and after election is okay, but for Samantha Bee to call Ivanka the same thing is such an offense that Trump wants her to lose her job?

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Where did I call for Bee to be fired? I will readily admit I've used the word she used, so a better question is why would I think she should be fired? I have very little issue with adults using whatever words they decide to use, including slurs. It's the hypocrisy of it all. Now, where Trump is concerned, he has the same right to defend himself as anyone else does. If someone called your daughter a name, I have to assume you'd use your words to return as good as you got. Not seeing a problem here.

Where in the above quote did I accuse you of calling for Bee's firing? TRUMP has repeatedly called for her to be fired though. Where did I accuse you of using the c-word? Trump has used it though, and Rosanne has used it, and in fact, the c-word was totally weaponized against Hillary Clinton, plastered on T-shirts, posters, online posts and memes and casually sliding off the tongues of anti-Hillary pro-Trumpettes ever since the presidential campaign.

Trump can't defend himself against his own double standards and his own hypocrisy and he can't protect his daughter from others observing and commenting on her own complicit c-word-iness.

edit on 2-6-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join