It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Samantha Bee proves hypocrisy on firing people for offensive jokes

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

You missed the point of the entire post. It really doesn't have anything to do with the Network they world for, it's the hypocrisy in Hollywood that he is alluding to.

Except that Trump's tweet was specifically address to Iger.

Verified account

@realDonaldTrump
Follow
Follow @realDonaldTrump

More
Iger, where is my call of apology? You and ABC have offended millions of people, and they demand a response. How is Brian Ross doing? He tanked the market with an ABC lie, yet no apology. Double Standard!
4:53 AM - 31 May 2018

edit on 1-6-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: Liquesence

One is unquestionably misogynistic and the other can be viewed as racist.

A woman said it to another woman, so it's not unquestionably misogynistic. Had a man had said it instead of a woman, you might have a point.

See the difference?

The other, however, is unquestionably racist.
edit on 1-6-2018 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: ketsuko

Is it simply vulgar?

Yes. It's vulgar, not racist.

So if comparing a black person to a monkey is

Is racist.

Period.

Both are dehumanizing.

Yep, but one is vulgar. The other is racist. That's the difference.

It's really not that hard to understand.

Both insults are used to reduce a group of people to something less than human. There is no difference. Sub human is sub human. You can't say one is worse. One insult reduces black people to less than human. The other reduces women to less than human. It's not just vulgar. It is misogynist.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

No. Who gave women the green flag to use misogynistic slurs against other women?

Not me!

Are you a woman? Did you enact this rule on behalf of all women?

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
gee... Roseanne was fired for being racist. some want Samantha to be fired for her unkind words....
both of them are just images on a tv screen that can be easily avoided really..

let's get real for a second here....
why should either of them be fired? I mean, Trump had said much worse things about people before he was elected and he was still voted into the highest office in the land, where he can travel and meet the worlds top leaders, and insult them however he chooses.
heck, if that is the standard we are holding our elected officials up to, then hey, it seems like it's a everything goes time!!!
he's a billionaire... I am just a poor nobody..
he's powerful and has an army of lawyers.... I am just a poor nobody that couldn't afford legal representation if I need it.
he's said some downright mean and cruel things about people, still is. So so what if someone decides to talk crap about him and his family? he's the president of the US for crying out loud, leader of the free world, a role model for our children.... and yet he whines because someone said something mean about his daughter and wants her fired? heck, I want his insane bleepity, bleepity, bleep fired! I want him banned from the airwaves so I never have to listen to his lying bleepity bleepity bleep mouth again!!!

may if you don't throw the bleeeeeeeeeeep around so much, you wouldn't get splattered with bleeeeeeep so often!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

One is unquestionably misogynistic and the other can be viewed as racist.

Bee's comment might be considered misogynist, since Ivanka was using her womanhood and motherhood to evoke warm emotions for her and her son, at a moment when many Americans are in shock at the treatment of women, mothers and their babies by her father's administration's policies. So really, attacking her womanhood, her motherhood, is the same as attacking the implicit quality of her character.
edit on 1-6-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Trump has said much worse than calling someones a C### or planet of the apes? LMAO right right please show me something worse than that.

And please don't refer to the private conversation in which he states women LET (LET) LET LET LET LET LET LET LET (CONSENT) him do it.

Or the debunked (numerous times) making fun of a handicap person narrative...
edit on 1-6-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

The best outcome would be for neither show to be cancelled. But that ship has sailed with the Roseanne reboot.

Knee jerk cancellations for everyone who offends!

link   

Im surprised this hasn't been bought up but she also implied incest by telling Ivanka to put on a short dress and go to her father. Something I find equally disgusting.

link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

They are not the same. A woman calling another woman a "#" does not reduce women to sub-human status.

It's vulgar, but it's not racist.

Spin it all you want.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

No. Who gave women the green flag to use misogynistic slurs against other women?

Not me!

Are you a woman? Did you enact this rule on behalf of all women?

What are you on about?

One is vulgar, one is racist.

It's really not hard to understand.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

edit on 1-6-2018 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I miss the 80s and 90s... What a sissified country we have become.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

Around 20 or so women came forward to say that they didn't LET him do it, and that Donald doesn't understand what consent is.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

One is misogynistic. Samantha Bee wasn't just speaking to an audience of women. She was entertaining men, as well, with her misogynistic remarks about Ivanka..offering them a free pass to laugh at the *snip* Ivanka and painting that picture of her seducing her father to get him to change his policies.

It's clear that the only issue that matters to you is racism and if anyone dares to suggest that other issues are important, too, then they are a de facto racist and wrong.

ETA: I take it, btw, that you are a man then. One that decides what is misogynistic and what is not for women. Pfft.

edit on 6/1/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Most who appeared during the campaign trail and Donald hasn't been charged with any sexual misconduct charge in a court of law.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

a reply to: redmage

Sure.

I was kidnapped, raped, and the man who attacked me tried to hang from a tree with an extension cord, when I was 15. Call me a *snip*. I don't care.

Sorry for your pain, and I hope he doesn't get a chance to do that ever again.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

One is misogynistic. Samantha Bee wasn't just speaking to an audience of women. She was entertaining men, as well, with her misogynistic remarks about Ivanka..offering them a free pass to laugh at the *snip* Ivanka and painting that picture of her seducing her father to get him to change his policies.

It's clear that the only issue that matters to you is racism and if anyone dares to suggest that other issues are important, too, then they are a de facto racist and wrong.

ETA: I take it, btw, that you are a man then. One that decides what is misogynistic and what is not for women. Pfft.

As stated for the nth time, one is vulgar, one is racist. They are not the same. Period. Any any attempt to rationalize them as such is incorrect and disingenuous.

So spin it all you want.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

So? They didn't LET him do it. Donald Trump doesn't understand the concept of consent. So, when he says they let him grab 'em by the pussy, he misunderstands and thinks he can grab them by a friendly c##t he calls pussy, because a c##t isn't known for her friendliness.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join