It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyday racism

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
this is just another example of someone calling racism when it is not.

here is my racist but not racist example.

my wife, daughter and i were at golden corral a while back. we went for lunch and it just happened that dinner was starting in like 15 minutes. a group of 4 BLACK ladies sat down next to us and just sat there. we had our food and we were eating.
i was listening to their convo cause im a nosey asshole and i like listening to peoples #.

they kept saying 12 minutes. 8 minutes. it took me a second to catch on.
they waited until dinner kicked in and went right up and got them a gang of steak.
they ate a bunch and did it again. then got more and didnt eat it and asked for a box. when they were told they couldnt do that they lost their #.

friggin racists

hahahaah

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
You should have taken out that phone and caught some video of this happening, then busted on them all. But no, you got butt hurt and went home....NEWS FLASH...you let them do it.

No, it would have been racist to film it. And it would have been fascist to film without DMV's awareness and permission.

OP would be bruised and in a jail cell by now.

edit on 31-5-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Racist?
No
Stereotypical?
Kinda...

I see similar crap all the time.
People of all colors work the system. But there are certain groups who predominantly take advantage. Does it make me racist or simply observant?

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Want some cheese with that whine? That's not racism, that's people gaming the ticket system. I.E, if you don't know how to game it, oh well, your loss, ya sucker. Not particularly cool to do, but NOT racism.

BTW, where I am, tickets are a thing of the past, You "sign in", so to speak, with your phone number, and voila, you're in the queue. When your last 4 digits come up on the screen dangling from the ceiling, it's your turn. Also, they will text you, so if you go for a walk or sit in your car instead of in the DMV, they'll text you a generic alert when it's your turn.
Also, we can register an appointment online, basically booking a time. Walk in at your time, voila, no number queues to wait in.
Neat s# here in MI, makes going in way easier & faster.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

originally posted by: Thejoncrichton
So today I go to renew my driver's license. I walk i, take a number and sit down. Now I'm surrounded by black people (this is a very mixed area) and as I sit there about a dozen white people walk in and take a number. I sit there for about 20 minutes when a group of black people walk in and start to take a number. That's when a couple of the black customers pop up and tells them not to take those number, but one of the number slips sitting in a pile near by that someone had pulled out.

Basically, the black customers purposely let all the white customers take high numbers, while they helped each other take from the pile of actual numbers being called by the front desk which were all much lower.

I just said, "thanks a lot" and walked out. I'll try again tomorrow. It just goes to show that we all experience racism.

I think that is hilarious - blacks practicing there own form of grass roots leveling of privilege.

I think that is hilarious - blacks practicing there own form of grass roots leveling of privilege.

Consider now if that was the law of the land - as it was for hundreds of years with whites always going first.

Understand the anger now?

What did you do? What did you feel? It wasn't fair was it? It wasn't Just.

Understand the anger now?

Relate to the anger now?

Hilarious is it?

Your ignorance shines brightly.

Did you not know there were thousands upon thousands of white slaves over the centuries?

Also, why is there never anything raised about the African chiefs who sold the black slaves in the first place? Were they okay were they? No blame on them?

I feel zero guilt about slavery, it's bad it happened but it was eff all to do with me.

<< 1   >>

join