It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8-Year-Old Boy Stops Traffic To Help Elderly Woman Climb A Flight Of Stairs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
This is really heartwarming and shows many of the youths are still good-natured chaps. The guy who filmed this started crying when he saw it.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

An 8-year-old boy was caught on video helping an elderly woman with a walker climb a set of stairs in Milledgeville, Georgia over the weekend and the clip soon went viral.

“She was struggling so I decided to help her,” Maurice Adams, who didn’t know he was being filmed at the time, told WGXA, the ABC and Fox-affiliated station in Macon.
Maurice’s mother, Contricia Hill, told Atlanta ABC affiliate WSB that her son noticed the woman crossing a busy road and then trying to get up the stairs.

“He asked, ‘Can I go out there and help her up the steps?’” she said.
So Hill stopped the car and let him out. The footage shows the woman, who was not identified, hugging Maurice and saying something to him as they reached the top.
“She told him that he’s special,” Hill told WSB.
The video was captured by Riley Duncan, who posted it on a community Facebook group.

“I’m like wow he jumped out to help that elderly lady I was so proud and it made me feel so good and I started crying,” Duncan told WGXA. “With tears I started recording and it was just so amazing.”
Duncan told CBS News that he plans to meet with Maurice and give him $100 for his good deed.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Renews my faith that people are really good at heart.
Way to go son

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I have a feeling Maurice will grow up to be a fine young man.

His parents should be proud.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Very nice of him. Hope he continues to do good and inspire others to join him.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Duncan, the filmer, wants to give the boy $100 for his good deed? That's a bit counter-productive, I think. The boy has a conscience, and I'm sure he sees the values and benefits of good morals. Why throw money at that?

Soulwaxer

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I think this is feel good fake news. If it was a local CBS affiliate station maybe true it to occupy 2 major news networks is ridiculous. Good deeds like this happen all the time all around you. Not sure why maybe a page filler to show they are not infatuated with trump?

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulwaxer
Duncan, the filmer, wants to give the boy $100 for his good deed? That's a bit counter-productive, I think. The boy has a conscience, and I'm sure he sees the values and benefits of good morals. Why throw money at that?

Soulwaxer

Agreed. The reward for kindness should be in karma, not dollars. The goal of being kind is kindness itself. Nothing else.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Saiker
I think this is feel good fake news. If it was a local CBS affiliate station maybe true it to occupy 2 major news networks is ridiculous. Good deeds like this happen all the time all around you. Not sure why maybe a page filler to show they are not infatuated with trump?

As soon as I read this article, I wondered how long before someone tossed out the 'people do this stuff all the time, so what?' card. Bonus points for tossing in a Trump dig.

ATS: always consistent.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Great mom for allowing her kid to help even if it means she will stop traffic, run late or whatever excuses people come up with in situations like these.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: z00mster
Great mom for allowing her kid to help even if it means she will stop traffic, run late or whatever excuses people come up with in situations like these.

removed
edit on 31-5-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-5-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Soulwaxer

You make a good point but also it's good they learn that doing good does have rewards.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

That's pretty adorable. He's not really "helping." Hes not lifting the walker for her or helping her balance or anything (he's not big enough to physically help). But he has his hand on her and pats her each time she takes a step and moves the walker. It's pretty heartwarming to see him offering moral support so naturally. Most kids that age might be intimidated to try and help someone older like that, but he looks as if he's done it a thousand times. Kudos to his parents!

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

It doesn’t matter that people do good like this if we don’t see it, because the press doesn’t show it enough.

These are nutrients for the human spirit; we need to see more often

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Right you are. The fact that the kid has the moral sense in doing this is a good indication he will be a good human being.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

Soulwaxer

Agreed. The reward for kindness should be in karma, not dollars. The goal of being kind is kindness itself. Nothing else.

Intention matters, though.

His intention is to enhance the good of the child

And this is instant Karma, an undeniable blessing.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
That is just beautiful.
Our society should be like this all the time.
The young can often be the best teachers for all of us.
I hope this starts a friendship between the 2.

edit on 31-5-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
That is just beautiful.
Our society should be like this all the time.
The young can often be the best teachers for all of us.
I hope this starts a friendship between the 2.

Like how they aren't racists until they are taught to be.
This is a great story and he's a kindhearted person. A good kid who appears to have been raised well.

top topics

join