It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Ambien and what are its known side effects?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian

originally posted by: howtonhawky
'Roseanne' cancellation means hundreds of crew members are about to be unemployed

I do not think that abc thought about the situation correctly.

Pretty narrow article. I'm sure that they (ABC), who have been in the industry for many many years and have a lot more extensive knowledge than you do, thought about it. They chose conviction over money. Which is pretty rare these days. They are the ones that lost the most, cash-wise (assuming that advertisers weren't going to drop out also). Additionally, her coworkers were dropping off as well after her tweet.

As someone who's part of that world, yes, it is a temporary setback for a lot of those workers, but shows get cancelled all the time. Those people move around from show to show especially as they film at different times/seasons. They are union and there is more work waiting.

And this is just a sad attempt to shift blame to ABC.

Sounds like the man has beaten you into submission

do not forget bout reality

jarret is not black and is indeed a muslim

facts matter

jobs matter

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
A few observations:

1. I don't have cable anymore. However, the last time I saw a listing for the Cosby show was on some obscure cable channel. And it was the 1970's version, not the popular show from the 80's.

2. VJ and her family certainly have 50% or more Northern European Admixture (white.) There would be clues other than their appearance that dictate how they are perceived by their neighbors; like speech and mannerisms for instance. Also, geography plays a part. In the North they may be viewed as white. In the South, they might be considered "high yella," but I doubt they would be viewed as white.

3. Comparing any African American to an Ape is a serious cultural insult. It ranks way up there with the "N" word! That's why there is such a big outcry of indignation about her tweet.

4. I wouldn't take Ambien if they paid me. All of that crap screws around with brain chemistry in ways they don't fully understand. Then add in all of the other medications that are prescribed to people, and your body chemistry turns into some kind of witches brew. Then, depending on how long you take the stuff, you can wind up addicted to it for the rest of your life. Like anti-depressant SSRIs; once your brain gets used to being soaked in Serotonin, you're hooked for life.

5. I'm willing to accept her explanation that Ambien was at least partly responsible for her actions. What she wrote in the VJ tweet was her true feelings. She's entitled to that. Unfortunately the Ambien just deactivated her "political correctness" filter.

6. The message that Roseanne Barr tweeted was really not that far out of the norm for her. Remember the baseball game, the National Anthem, and the crotch grab salute many years ago? I haven't seen the new show, but I'd wager the attitude of her tweet probably wasn't that far off from her TV persona.

7. I think a better course of action would have been to let emotions cool down for a few days. The network should have put on a song and dance for a few days to buy some time. I'm a little disappointed if VJ really was instrumental in causing the cancellation. Just from a political perspective, this could have been played up like a true "learning opportunity." And, if emotions had cooled a bit before this hasty action, it really would have ended better for everyone.

8. While I was sitting here writing this post, a commercial came on TV for a lawyer who's handling a class action lawsuit against the Abilify drug. It's suspected of causing extreme gambling and other addictions. I say don't underestimate how badly this stuff can screw with your mind.

-dex

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

1. The channel called bounce is over the air in many markets and run the cosby show several times a day.
2.Many of us for as long as she has been with obama have viewed her as white and i assert that albinos in south africa do indeed believe that actual skin color matters and not what you feel is your color
3.Many are confusing the movie planet of the apes as being a show that depicts apes as inferior to humans. that is not in the script at all. simply roseanne did not mention BLACKS or APES at all.
4.these days a quick quip or comeback is more powerful than truth in some cases where kneejerk responses are the norm
5.i agree the stuff can lower inhibitions and such.
6.imo rosie was at bat it was 0and2 at the plate when rosie swung for the fences with her tweet and in the end she was hit by the pitch
7.with the right goal in mind abc could still turn this around with the right choices of bringing all parties involved and let them work it out sitcom style.
8.www.marketplace.org... scotus ruling on class action suits

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Short term amnesia particularly when combined with alcohol. Lack of normal inhibition.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

1. Yes, Bounce is the one I'm thinking of. Give it a year and Roseanne's show will back in syndication. Americans have a short attention span.

2. In the US, most black folks that I know pretty much go with what their family goes by. It's not quite as necessary these days to be "passing" as it was during Jim Crow. To me, she looks like a lot of light skin black women with freckles. If you view her as white, that's your privilege. But, I think it helps to put this furor in the proper racial context to really understand it from every available perspective.

3. I'll have to disagree with you on this one. An ape is an ape. The backstory of the character isn't relevant. Once the comparison of the simian image was made to a black person's image, the racism line was crossed.

6. LOL, I like the analogy. But if she gets beaned with the ball, doesn't she get to walk to first base? Of course, if she gets beaned hard enough, and they carry her off on a stretcher, can't they bring in a pinch runner?

8. My point with the lawsuit was that it was for another psycho-med with some bizarre side effects.

-dex

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Ambien can be pretty bad but it is not an excuse for her behavior.

This happened to me years ago. One night, after a handful of beers and not being able to sleep well for a few days - my fiancee at the time gave me one of her Ambien before bed. About five to ten minutes after taking it I went to the restroom to relieve myself before bed and she said she just heard a loud thud.

She said as I was standing there with my junk out, I just fell head first into the wooden cabinet above the toilet. She got me into bed and she said I was yelling and having flashbacks of my deployment, that I was yelling for the sergeant. She said she'd never heard me talk about any of that before, and as the last thing I remember is walking towards the bathroom, I have no clue what I was yelling about or remembering.

So, yes, Ambien is bad and now I know it does not mix with alcohol well, but if I had happened to be yelling racist stuff while I was on it -- it would have come from me, and no one else.

She did not deserve to get fired, in any way, but Ambien is not an excuse.
edit on 31-5-2018 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I just took some Ambien and went over to my neighbors house and build a large cross on his lawn...had about 20 gallons of gas with me and some matches before they stopped me. This stuff is no joke! Never again.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

2. In the US, most black folks that I know pretty much go with what their family goes by. It's not quite as necessary these days to be "passing" as it was during Jim Crow. To me, she looks like a lot of light skin black women with freckles. If you view her as white, that's your privilege. But, I think it helps to put this furor in the proper racial context to really understand it from every available perspective.

I think the only perspective that is important to the situation is rosies intent. It is very much possible and likely she was not thinking in racist terms when she said it and the evidence now points to that.

Sadly yours mine and everyones perspective does not matter. VJ feelings do not matter either. What now will be the main point is rosies INTENT. Evidence shows she had no intentions to compare vj to an ape as most have done.

IMO the racist are the ones crying about race as they fuel the false fires

Again my smart friend
If vj and planet of the apes had a baby is not the same as saying if an ape and a muslim had a baby

if people do not want humans compared to monkeys then they should follow me and boycott mainstream science
darwin done it first and now the state sponsors people to drive home everyday the thought of humans coming from monkeys

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
I just took some Ambien and went over to my neighbors house and build a large cross on his lawn...had about 20 gallons of gas with me and some matches before they stopped me. This stuff is no joke! Never again.

the cross was for the frame of the swing set you were gonna construct and the gas was to fuel the generator for construction

seems normal to me

unless you are racist?

are you racist???

were you actually planning to build a racist track for your neighbors?

what was your intent

do you hate your neighbors

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

the cross was for the frame of the swing set you were gonna construct and the gas was to fuel the generator for construction

seems normal to me

unless you are racist?

are you racist???

were you actually planning to build a racist track for your neighbors?

what was your intent

do you hate your neighbors

I was normal until I took the Ambien and then I turned into a raging Klansman until it wore off. Never again man, never again. Now I understand exactly what happened to Rossane. LOL
edit on 31-5-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Man they look messed up, both look like they had a sex change. Maybe Roseanne was right.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I was normal

only an oxymoron would say such while being a member here

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

a reply to: amazing

I was normal

only an oxymoron would say such while being a member here

LOL You may be right.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

My sister began the 'event' with a sense of humor, that rapidly became deep concern for my mental health. 

It was a burden, the horror stories i was told. And still reminded of it often. There was a couple of times I became agitated for not getting my way.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ccseagull

The stuff is evil. It created a hunger of unknown proportions and rewarding that hunger created such intense happiness, of complete bliss and joy when eating. I'd wake up the next day and food would be missing, the kitchen a disaster, if it wasn't nailed down I'd eat it. 

The counters and cabinet doors were a smorgasbord of condiment smears. Hope to god i was eating all of it and not what it looked like I may have been doing.
Eventually I would prepare 2 to 3 sandwiches placed on a collapsible table up against my bed blocking me in.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

natural sleep is so important your body will even sacrifice waking sanity to dream while awake if you are heavily under sleeping.

ambian turns off the driver, but doesnt lend itself to real REM sleep.

"driving while asleep can happen."

work out really hard. Use up your energy. get comfy, turn off lights..

real sleep is needed.

or you can be more psycho than your psychology normally allows.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   

That stuff is terrible!! I was given it about 14 years ago for insomnia. I took it ONE NIGHT and never again. Why?

Well I made an entire steak dinner with baked potatoes and green beans and I do not remember doing it. I was woken up by my bf when he got home from work, he worked night shift so it was the next morning. Next to my bed on the nightstand was a plate with what was left of my dinner. I had even packaged up the leftovers and put them in the fridge.

So yea that freaked me out so I never took it again. My bf's mom however started taking them. She was quite comical at times because she would take her ambien and call us. So days would go by and she would think we hadn't spoken. It was funny a few times but after that we told her she should stop taking it. She did.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 01:06 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I actually quit Ambien about a week ago.

I do not recommend it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join