It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Ambien and what are its known side effects?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
So now all Roseanne shows on all networks have been cancelled, so no reruns for the fans..

But hey we can still watch the Cosby show you know because a tweet is way worse then serial rape..

How stupid are people?
edit on 31-5-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

I may be in the minority, but I believe Roseanne when she said that she didn't know Valerie Jarrett is Black, because I didn't know either. I thought she was Iranian also. But no -- so my bad. I've been told I fell for a right wing hoax. VJ was born in Iran to American parents and they left Iran when she was about 5.

What Roseanne said was nevertheless obnoxious and intended to be. But I believe she didn't think it was at all racial when she tweeted.

So the whole "racism isn't a side effect" is just stupid anyway in this situation. And they do know that it does cause people to do things they otherwise wouldn't, so it may very well include racist remarks in other cases. They certainly can't rule it out. So they're stupid and liars.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

I may be in the minority, but I believe Roseanne when she said that she didn't know Valerie Jarrett is Black, because I didn't know either. I thought she was Iranian also. But no -- so my bad. I've been told I fell for a right wing hoax. VJ was born in Iran to American parents and they left Iran when she was about 5.

What Roseanne said was nevertheless obnoxious and intended to be. But I believe she didn't think it was at all racial when she tweeted.

So the whole "racism isn't a side effect" is just stupid anyway in this situation. And they do know that it does cause people to do things they otherwise wouldn't, so it may very well include racist remarks in other cases. They certainly can't rule it out. So they're stupid and liars.

I still dont think she is black Is there a picture of her parents? Im gonna google it lol

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

LOL! Let me know if you find one!

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
If I had to describe her to the police I would not say black

I think this is her mom and dad they dont look black to me either.

sv.geneastar.org...

www.cnsnews.com...

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: Boadicea

I still dont think she is black Is there a picture of her parents? Im gonna google it lol

If these are the right pics:

Barbara Bowman

James Bowman

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

I went looking and saw the same pics. I'm pretty sure those are them.

I wouldn't think either of them were Black from those pics. Maybe because I don't care. Maybe others would know.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I would describe mom as white and dad as middle easterner to the cops.

The fact that cosby is still on the air proves this is only about her being a Trump supporter and nothing else.

If the media did not make it a huge story it would not even be a story..

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
abcnews.go.com...

Ambien can cause... having sex... while not fully awake... and they do not usually remember these events.

Snipped the superfluous wording to make a point. Wouldn't it suck to find out the best sex you ever had was that one time you took Ambien?

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

She made a racist tweet...... She was fired....

They have a right to look after their interests just like the NFL

End of story..... If you're for 1 but not the other you're a partisan hypocrite

Womp womp.....
edit on 5/31/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

I quit taking it years ago.

Sleep walking and not well functioning.
Extreme hunger while sleep walking into the kitchen.
Messed up kitchen.
Ability to find your car keys.
Drive to Wendy's and back... taking out a mailbox or 4.

And a couple of tweets at 3 am telling everyone how I'm forever alone. When in fact I'm very happy being single.

Oh! And rapid weight gain from eating.
Just to name a few.

I was prescribed ambien about 10 yrs ago after surgery.

2 days later while at home, I am told, that I called my sister who lives 25 miles away at about 11:30 pm.
I guess I talked her into coming over and cooking me a meal, a full 3 course meal, and I had her wake my 8 yr old son to eat with us.
During our "meal" I am told I proceeded to enlighten my son of my checkered history during my teen years. Everything from extensive drug use to explicit sexual encounters.
My sister began the 'event' with a sense of humor, that rapidly became deep concern for my mental health.

The next day my wife, who slept through the whole ordeal, contacted the prescribing doctor and had him immediately discontinue the ambien.

To this day I have no recollection of the nights events except, however, when my family needs a laugh and decides to retell my tale.

No idea if Rosie's ambien excuse is legit or not, but from personal experience it sure as hell is possible.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

She made a racist tweet...... She was fired....

They have a right to look after their interests just like the NFL

End of story..... If you're for 1 but not the other you're a partisan hypocrite

Womp womp.....

They can fire her for whatever they want agreed. Just tell us the truth for christs sake .

Just say we did not like a Trump supporter doing so well on our network. Because that is why she was fired.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Zolpidem(ambien)

COMMON & BRAND NAMES
Ambien; Stilnox; Sublinox
EFFECTS CLASSIFICATION
Hypnotic; Sleep-aid
CHEMICAL NAME
N,N-6-trimethyl-2-p-tolyl-imidazo[1,2-a]pyridine- 3-acetamide L-(+)-tartrate

Zolpidem is a short-acting sedative-hypnotic prescribed for the short-term treatment of insomnia. It interacts with the GABA-BZ receptor complex and shares some of the pharmacological properties of the benzodiazepines. As with most benzodiazepines, zolpidem can cause anterograde amnesia (forgetting the period during the effects).

a bunch of people's personal experiences with ambien

drugs.tripsit.me...
Effects

Helps with insomnia/sleep, hallucinations through all physical senses, increased or decreased libido, delusions

Personally...I've never done it...but I would recommend staying away from it. I know at least two people who've had it prescribed to them...one of them didn't like it and stopped the other is now totally #ed. Also, benzodiazepines are nasty drugs that are hard to quit.
edit on 31/5/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31/5/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

From my observations, Ambien causes knee-jerk reactions from employers and butt hurt from those who buy into the victimization mind set.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

The stuff is evil. It created a hunger of unknown proportions and rewarding that hunger created such intense happiness, of complete bliss and joy when eating. I'd wake up the next day and food would be missing, the kitchen a disaster, if it wasn't nailed down I'd eat it.

And the phone calls: I'd be online and look up random phone numbers and start calling at 2 a.m. and then leave voice mails about how much I love my pets and then start crying about the love in my heart for them. I hate the phone and will do anything possible to avoid having to talk on it.

The day I sent out a mass email to loved ones about how much they ignore me and how I am all alone in this world and how no one loves me and got angry and told everyone I was cutting them out of my life... I received angry and confused emails back... I knew there was a problem. If I fell asleep on the couch I'd have conversations with my loved ones about stuff that wasn't real and had nothing to do with the conversation.

All of these behaviours are not me. I don't think I would have ever responded with words that I normally wouldn't have but I can easily see not being clear or rambling nonsensical blither.

I am now trying to lose the weight I gained while on this stuff and swear it is pure evil.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I was on ambien (Zolpidem) for 10 years.
It can be a very dangerous drug ESPECIALLY if mixed with alcohol.
I now suffer from memory problems, not saying it was definitely the ambien, but it wouldn't surprise me. So glad i don't take it anymore.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Invision123
Ambien side effect releases latent racism apparently

it could reduce the effectiveness of the brain-mouth filter

just sane...

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
'Roseanne' cancellation means hundreds of crew members are about to be unemployed

I do not think that abc thought about the situation correctly.

Pretty narrow article. I'm sure that they (ABC), who have been in the industry for many many years and have a lot more extensive knowledge than you do, thought about it. They chose conviction over money. Which is pretty rare these days. They are the ones that lost the most, cash-wise (assuming that advertisers weren't going to drop out also). Additionally, her coworkers were dropping off as well after her tweet.

As someone who's part of that world, yes, it is a temporary setback for a lot of those workers, but shows get cancelled all the time. Those people move around from show to show especially as they film at different times/seasons. They are union and there is more work waiting.

And this is just a sad attempt to shift blame to ABC.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I can see the Ambien thing. There's blank spaces in my history that I had to apologize for as well. As I was told.
Got fired more than once when I drank. They said she had a history, not just this one tweet. I had a history as well.

(post by howtonhawky removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join