It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump will pardon conservative pundit Dinesh D'Souza

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I guess the only way to settle this is to investigate all campaign finances. I'm sure the left will be on board with this in a show of bi-partisanship.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I think the difference in the two is that denish did not give anyone any money but only promised to pay the amount they give at a later date.

Rosie i think gave monies to folks and stuff up front to garner the donations.

One is a crime the other is a political hit piece

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

at least you are amazingly consistent.

never, ever, ever wrong.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
I think the difference in the two is that denish did not give anyone any money but only promised to pay the amount they give at a later date.

Rosie made donations under multiple addresses, and multiple variations of her name. That shows clear intent to flout the law.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

witness tampering, abuse of power and obstruction of justice.

Please elaborate further, as your statement at face values makes no sense. A bunch of specious and unsupported allegations made about....? Dinesh?

This is great to see any such illegal actions taken by the Obama admin dismantled. The Obama administration has a history of politically motivated persecution, err prosecution.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

at least you are amazingly consistent.

never, ever, ever wrong.

Well, did she use fake names, as was the claim?

It does not appear so.

Did she try to funnel money through other people to candidates?

It does not appear so.

That makes the comparison to DSousa a false equivalence.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: howtonhawky

Rosie made donations under multiple addresses, and multiple variations of her name. That shows clear intent to flout the law.

Even if they were her addresses and variations of her own name, which we all tend to use?

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Funny how your 'interpretations' are never so exacting when the 'news' cuts against Trump, any of his supporters, or issues they support.

Keep on keeping on.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
He was treated unfairly by the government?

He plead guilty to funneling money to a candidate through straw donations.

Get over yourself. He got five of his friends to donate and when the candidate lost he gave them money back.
Obama went after D'Souza because he was upset about D'Souza's film. That is a far bigger issue than a measly few thousand dollars.

He was treated unfairly because he was singled out in a revenge attack.

Bravo President Trump.
edit on 31/5/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Funny how your 'interpretations' are never so exacting when the 'news' cuts against Trump, any of his supporters, or issues they support.

Keep on keeping on.

How is this news for or "against" Trump?

He has the right to pardon the man and I do not care a bit whether he does or not.

I was just pointing out the false equivalences and incorrect claims made by others.
edit on 31-5-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Dinseh Dsouza.

“Obama and his stooges tried to destroy my American dream and faith in America. Trump has fully restored both. I’m very grateful.”

Nicely sums it up.

As for D'Souza's so-called confession and his guilty plea:

Bharara & his goons bludgeoned me into the plea by threatening to add a second redundant charge carrying a prison term of FIVE YEARS

edit on 31/5/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Bharara & his goons bludgeoned me into the plea by threatening to add a second redundant charge carrying a prison term of FIVE YEARS

That is how plea deals work... You take a lesser sentence in the face of far more charges and a costly court battle.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: xuenchen

The ball busting continues !!

Apparently, so does the witness tampering, abuse of power and obstruction of justice.

I did not know this was about Bill Clinton.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

There is, at the very least the appearance of witness tampering, obstruction of justice, and abuse of power in the timing and type of crimes Trump is choosing to publicly pardon.

It's hard to imagine that a man of your intellect and integrity can't understand that these pardons are seen by many as suggestions of further pardons, down the road, to those Mueller may indict, has already indicted, to those who have pled guilty and are now rumored to be cooperating as witnesses with Mueller for lesser sentences. These pardons are like a big elephant whistle, signaling Trump's willingness to pardon those people who may consider cooperating with Mueller for a deal or a lighter sentence. Trump is laying out the possibility that he will just pardon anyone threatened with a harsh sentence for lying to the FBI or being found guilty of crimes, rewarded for not talking, taking the blame themselves and taking the spotlight off of Trump.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: UKTruth

That is how plea deals work... You take a lesser sentence in the face of far more charges and a costly court battle.

I wonder which plea deal Obama would take if he was rightly prosecuted for abuse of power...

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: xuenchen

The ball busting continues !!

Apparently, so does the witness tampering, abuse of power and obstruction of justice.

I did not know this was about Bill Clinton.

"There is nothing new under the Sun." But I'd say it's a closer replay of Nixon than Bill Clinton. It's always the coverup!

edit on 31-5-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
After Bill Clinton pardoned Marc Rich I do not see how anyone has
a leg to stand on complaining about President Trump's pardons.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Trump has announced he will Pardon the famous Conservative writer Dinesh D'Souza !!

The "D" was convicted of violating campaign finance law a couple of years ago when he re-imbursed people for campaign contributions and kept a record of it (instead of cash).

Trump says it was unfair and Senator Ted Cruz says it was an Obama jealousy hit.

The ball busting continues !! 😎🚬

Trump will pardon conservative pundit Dinesh D'Souza, who was convicted of campaign finance violation

President Donald Trump said Thursday he plans to issue a pardon to Dinesh D'Souza, a prominent conservative commentator and filmmaker who was convicted of making an illegal campaign contribution.

Trump said he will pardon D'Souza on Thursday, adding that D'Souza "was treated very unfairly by our government!"

Donald J. Trump
‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

Will be giving a Full Pardon to Dinesh D’Souza today. He was treated very unfairly by our government!

Ted Cruz
‏Verified account @tedcruz

Ted Cruz Retweeted Donald J. Trump

Bravo! @realDonaldTrump Dinesh was the subject of a political prosecution, brazenly targeted by the Obama administration bc of his political views. And he’s a powerful voice for freedom, systematically dismantling the lies of the Left—which is why they hate him. This is Justice.

One sleaze bag pardoning another sleaze bag.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: gariac

Good thing Clinton wasn't elected or the whole prison population would be pardoned by now.

😎🤷

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join