It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US preacher asks followers to help buy fourth private jet

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Luke 6:24
But woe to you who are rich, for you have already received your comfort.
Mega churches ? Jesus said "Where two or more are gathered in My Name, I am there also...

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DieGloke

Are there really gullible idiots willing to give this clear con man money?

Unfortunately yes.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: DieGloke
Ok I really don't know what to say......

Yup, I saw this on the news last night here in Scotland and thought about starting a thread about it. However, anything I had to say about this snake oil salesman didn't really suit it's own thread. Can you believe he is trying to con people into believing that God told him to do this? The man is either a con merchant (some people would day that's a given, considering his chosen "profession") or is suffering from pschyzophrenia? Either way he should be removed from office.
edit on 31/5/18 by djz3ro because: its amazing how forgetting a / can screw up your whole post...

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
"I once was sad because I had only 2 private jets, then I met a man who had to fly coach."

-DBCowboy

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Forgive me if i'm wrong, but didn't Jesus ride into Jerusalem on a Donkey?

John 12:15
"Do not be afraid, O daughter of Zion. See, your King is coming, seated on the colt of a donkey."

Beware of false prophets.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

What is sad is, he will get his jet
, there is no shortage of dumb people..not even going to say gullible..just straight up dumb.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tekaran

Forgive me if i'm wrong, but didn't Jesus ride into Jerusalem on a Donkey?

John 12:15
"Do not be afraid, O daughter of Zion. See, your King is coming, seated on the colt of a donkey."

Beware of false profits.

Sorry. Had to fix that for you.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
"Behold my ATS Children God has spoken to me again and to fight evil I need a hand forged Albion sword for only a thousand bucks I can rid the earth of evil but it is up to you to pay for it my likkle chubby ATS children God said so!".

Oh and Lobster I need Lobster for snacks.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
"Behold my ATS Children God has spoken to me again and to fight evil I need a hand forged Albion sword for only a thousand bucks I can rid the earth of evil but it is up to you to pay for it my likkle chubby ATS children God said so!".

Oh and Lobster I need Lobster for snacks.

I beg of thee ATS, do not listen to this ungodly heathen! for a small donation of one thousand dollars you can donate to the Church of Cake to buy an ESP guitar and a case of beer. With your generous contribution we can deliver signed copies of my debut album to the most needy children who have no idea what a CD is nor have a device to play it. These poor kids don't need food or water, only a drunk man playing thrash metal can alleviate their suffering as I work for a higher cause.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Good grief.
The nerve of these people is mind-boggling.
It reminds me of when Jim & Tammy Fae Baker were spending all those donations on, among other things, air-conditioned dog houses.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Touche'ta reply to: DBCowboy

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

And thus it was written there would be a false prophet who would promise the world some pretty sweet tunes with his guitar of metal +3 but beware he will only play the devil music of Nickleback.
So my quest has now increased to 20k so I can fly over to the evil cake man and get very very drunk with him, it is the only way.
OH likkle ATS brethren God will pay you tenfold and for only 100 bucks I can send you all some blessed wee wee water to expel just about anyone from your home when thrown on them.
It is called the wee wee water of expunging +4.
edit on 31-5-2018 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

From decades ago:

Spineless from the start, sucked into the part
Circus comes to town, you play the lead clown
Please, please
Spreading his disease, living by his story
Knees, knees
Falling to your knees, suffer for his glory
You will, you will, you will, you will...

Time for lust, time for lie
Time to kiss your life goodbye
Send me money, send me green
Heaven you will meet
Make your contribution
And you'll get a better seat

Bow to Leper Messiah!

Marvel at his tricks, need your sunday fix
blind devotion came, rotting your brain
Chain, chain
Join the endless chain
Taken by this glamour
Fame, fame
Infection is the game, stinking drunk with power
We see, we see, we see, we see...

Heaven you will meet
Make your contribution

Bow to Leper Messiah!

Witchery, weakening
Sees the sheep are gathering
Set the trap, hypnotize
Now you follow

Heaven you will meet
Make your contribution

Lie, lie, lie, lie, lie, lie, lie, lie!

Metallica - Leper Messiah

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Here's a song that could not be more on topic.
One of the great unknown bands from the 80's -
West Virginia's own, Th' Inbred:

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Can't believe he has the audacity to do this goes against every Christian principle. What a wicked man.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley
You know that Jesus wants him to get to his destination as fast as he can.

If that were the case then the plane should have a connecting flight with a mountain.

edit on 31-5-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

This saddens me. I used to be a very religious person (not anymore... long story) and this guy was my favorite televangelist. I don't have a favorite now. I tend to think they're all scam artists, but that's another story. Anyway, Jesse Duplantis seemed like the ONLY one that WASN'T in it for money and now here he is asking for a jet. Sheesh. I'll admit I was naive in my younger years, when I cared and thought he was different, but it still disappoints me that he's just like the others. It's disheartening. These people will eventually get what they've got coming to them.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I seem to remember a couple of years seeing another similar story, only this time the “preacher” wanted his flock to dig deep to finance a Gulfstream G650.
A check on the movements of his previous jet showed he and the family had been flying to such far flung places, for missionary work of course, as London, Paris, Milan.....not shopping trips, for those cynics who might be doubting his gospel preaching in Europe’s high spots!

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy
I seem to remember a couple of years seeing another similar story, only this time the “preacher” wanted his flock to dig deep to finance a Gulfstream G650.
A check on the movements of his previous jet showed he and the family had been flying to such far flung places, for missionary work of course, as London, Paris, Milan.....not shopping trips, for those cynics who might be doubting his gospel preaching in Europe’s high spots!

That was Creflo Dollar... he has a mega church in Atlanta.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join