It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien life and religion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Seeings God created everything, according to the Bible, it would mean, that if there was other life in space, they would follow the same religion as we do?

www.mt.net...

According to this site, an altar mound is on Mars;

Precisely to the East of the city another significant monument looms into view. It is a majestic landmark made of "earth", the soil of the planet from which it rises rises 500 feet above the desert plane. (Ibid., Illustration.# 11) This artificial hill and its terrestrial counterpart have a typological precedent in scripture.

Joshua details the tribes of Israel after they had entered the promised land. God designated the areas where each tribe of Israel would settle. The troops of Rueben, Gad, and the half tribe of Manassah left the army of Israel in Canaan and crossed the Jordan River to their own homeland of Gilead. Before they went across, while still in Canaan, they built a huge earthenmonument for everyone to see, "an altar of grand appearance". Joshua 22:10. This altar was designed after the specifications commanded by God in Exodus 20: 24

Exodus 20: 24
You shall make an altar of earth for Me, and
you shall sacrifice your burnt offerings and
your peace offerings on it, your sheep and your
cattle. In every place in which I cause My name
to be remembered, I will come to you and bless you.
And if you make an altar of stone for Me, you shall
not build them of cut stones. When you swing your
tool on it, you defile it.

Surely, other life would share the same religion as us if God exists everywhere.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
What about. It was extra-terrestrials who started our main religions

In the original bibles there is no word "god". The Elohim created man in their image after their likeness. Elohim is a plural word and was later mistranslated into a singular word , god. In old hebrew Elohim means "those who come from the sky"

The start of the book of Ezekeil , to me is pretty clear he had an encounter with a UFO and the people who come out of it.
He said it was the lord.

www.raelianmovement.org...

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by roybass
What about. It was extra-terrestrials who started our main religions

In the original bibles there is no word "god". The Elohim created man in their image after their likeness. Elohim is a plural word and was later mistranslated into a singular word , god. In old hebrew Elohim means "those who come from the sky"

The start of the book of Ezekeil , to me is pretty clear he had an encounter with a UFO and the people who come out of it.
He said it was the lord.

www.raelianmovement.org...

true,
but thats a totally different theory to the one i am stating here.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Seeings God created everything, according to the Bible, it would mean, that if there was other life in space, they would follow the same religion as we do?

You mean christianty I presume? The majority of the worlds citzens are not christians - why should people from other planets practice it?

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by roybass

In the original bibles there is no word "god".

Ehh?????

In what way were they "bibles" if they didn't mention god?

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by FatherLukeDuke
Ehh?????

In what way were they "bibles" if they didn't mention god?

Would you prefer "sacred text"? Honestly, I think that what roybass refers to is the book that came to be the holy text for Christianity, whatever it was called at the time. The "bible" in its original form, before translation and corruption by the Church. Given that very few handwritten, uninterpreted copies are left, and that I don't know how to read Hebrew, I can't read for myself what it says, but I have heard talk of the "Elhoim" before.

From dictionary.com:

Bi·ble Audio pronunciation of "Bible" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (bbl)
n.

1. The sacred book of Christianity, a collection of ancient writings including the books of both the Old Testament and the New Testament.
2. The Hebrew Scriptures, the sacred book of Judaism.
3. A particular copy of a Bible: the old family Bible.
4. A book or collection of writings constituting the sacred text of a religion.
2. often bible A book considered authoritative in its field: the bible of French cooking.

Thus, if it was considered a holy text, it was a bible, whether it's the same as what we consider the bible today.

[edited for spelling]

[edit on 19-2-2005 by obsidian468]

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
IMO if anyone was to prove the existance of aliens, most religions would shot to ****. I don't believe that alien races would follow the same religions we do, only because I myself do not believe in these religions and feel that they are entirely made up by us humans. Therefore, unless aliens were to learn of our religions, they wouldn't follow the same.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
If you want to theorize...well, an all creating god could of created many, many other beings, and left them their own types of bible, or words of wisdom.....though I think Christianity is liked with a type of extraterrestrial itself.

new topics

top topics

join