It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Times Admits It Lied About Crowd Size at Nashville Trump Rally

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: RowanBean

LOL thats part of the problem even comparing these two to the supposedly iconic newspaper the New York Times. Most intelligent people realize the differences between internet sources born in the 90's and newspapers centuries old. Sure it would be nice if all sources didn't have their political lean,but you damn sure don't expect it from from the ones with storied histories to be so incredibly biased. Yea I hold major newspapers and networks to a different standard than that ilk. Not to mention Breibart and Info Wars don't hide what they are.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13
I wish I could give you an exponential number of stars and flags for your response. Outlier you are so dead spot on it leaves all sides speechless!! BRAVO!!!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
My Wang is bigger than yours haha

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So Trump declared a size nearly twice that of the fire Marshall? Is there no limit to how much that man lies?

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: gariac
a reply to: xuenchen

So Trump declared a size nearly twice that of the fire Marshall? Is there no limit to how much that man lies?

Gotta compensate for his small hands somehow.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

I feel for you and for all of us who don't dance to a party tune. I've been unaffiliated for over 25 years but if I express any opinion that disagrees with some party platform I'm immediately scorned and called either a Democrat or a Republican.

To the topic---a relative of mine attended the rally. He said the place was "nearly" full so his estimate was "close to 7000 inside and easily a couple of thousand outside in line when they stopped people coming in." His boss arrived about 30 minutes after he did and wasn't able to get inside. Security was slow I'm told.

He's pretty good at crowd estimates and has attended many events in the venue so I'll take his word over the NYT reporter's word. I've watched the bias in msm escalate from the days of Nixon....to the point that it seems just unbelievable. I remember being shocked nearly out of my mind when Ted Kennedy negligently caused a young woman's death and nobody in the media said a word about it and he just kept getting elected. That's only one of the many incidents through the years when those in power were given a pass. Those kinds of things will sour a whole generation on the whole political system. Fifty years ago the Democrats were leading free speech marches....

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Presidents lie like a 5 year old with their hand in the cookie jar. LOL

Johnson Gulf of Tonkin

Nixon I am not a crook

Carter and the Iranian crisis, 3 Mile Island

Reagan Iran Contra

Bush Read my Lips

Clinton I did not have sexual relations with that woman, depends on what the definition of is is.

Bush Mission Accomplished

Obama “If you like your health-care plan, you can keep it”

LOL and that's just off the top of my head... my President shouldn't lie LOL.
people in power pretty much do nothing but lie, its a survival mechanism. Look at Jimmy Carter by all accounts a true hard working Christian man, with scruples. Put into the machinations of the presidency he was overmatched and forced on occasion to lie.

edit on 2-6-2018 by putnam6 because: wording

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I said I expect it, unfortunately it doesn’t happen.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: Grambler

the BIG difference is the nyt had the balls to admit their error - the president of the united states does not. HUGE difference in my eyes.

plus, trump and his entourage continued the lie. remember spicey? lol pathetic.

ya, but lets all cry about the nyt. lol

What lie was that?

All i remember were pics all over the news and social media proclaiming a tiny crowd ...that was taken 2 hours before the dang thing started...never seen so much lying as on that day since 9/11.

Everyone and their dog was reposting it and claiming it was true...then we see some pictures when its actually going on and it was VERY FULL...perhaps not as full as Obama or others but packed all the way to the back and more than TWICE the amount of people blasted all over the media.

Get a grip..the media tells us Trump lies and then lies far more harshly when describing it.

Even if he does bend the truth it gets bent far more by the PRESS.

They are outed as the scum that they are...and we therefore can extrapolate that all leftists are a combination of truths half truths and 80% misdiagnosis of reality.

Perhaps the most twisted and lost mindset in a modern society that can be seen.

Someone has done a dam fine job separating into groups...and these actions by the left are going to delete everything they actually value..and they will never know it even happened.

<< 4  5  6   >>

join