It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Times Admits It Lied About Crowd Size at Nashville Trump Rally

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Grambler

My brother is part of the liberal hate for anything Trump or right wing, whereas my mom is part of the conservative hate for anything liberal or left wing. I have extremists from both sides in my family. I see the issue of hate sprouting up on both sides of the aisle and that hate is only going to get more intense when we have an entire generation being taught one form or the other growing up.

We haven't seen the worst yet.

That might all be true, and we should fight against that.

But what does any of that have to do with you thinking this journalists tweet was spot on when she acts like the media is a victim for no reaason, when you yourself admit they are in fact one of the biggest culprits of this division?

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

I agree with legalization, equal marriage rights, and true equality. But they don’t care, I’m a Right wing idiot.

Agree with all these things

Still been insulted and slurred for my libertarian values. Who cares though, time to move past it and dump the radicals on both sides who prefer divide/conquer to real solutions

This OP shows the dishonest and partisan nature of media outlets. They're more focused on pushing an agenda than simply "reporting" the truth as opposed to creating the truth themselves.

edit on 5/31/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/31/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

And to boot, the "journalist" who wrote the fakery (Julie Davis) was tweeting about how some kid there snapped a picture of her and shouting "Fake News !!" 😃 and how sad that moment was !! 😃

How ironic.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

I'm the same way. I'd call myself a moderate/centrist Republican. I've been registered as a Republican all my life (although I'd say I vote equally for almost as many Democrats as I do Republicans) because I'm a strong fiscal conservative. I'm also socially liberal (left of center) when it comes to racial issues, women's issues, gay rights, etc.

However, no matter how socially liberal I and many others like me are, if I mention that I'm a Republican I become demonized as a racist, bigoted, misogynistic homophobe.

I blame Christian Fundamentalists, many in the Tea Party, and President Trump for this. They've given Republicans a bad name.

edit on 31/5/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
The woman's tweet is pretty spot-on. We have nearly a whole generation being raised to hate one side of the political spectrum or the other, they have been taught that to be either left or right is reprehensible and that one side or the other is less than human than they are.

The same thing that has been happening for a long time now? The media is responsible for a lot of it, so they have ne right to cry.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People
I blame Christian Fundamentalists, many in the Tea Party, and President Trump for this. They've given Republicans a bad name.

I blame the identity politics Democrats and media who have purposefully steered people towards those thoughts.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

When obama was reelected i pointed out on ats that there was an enlarging chasm between the urban and rural folks of this nation.

Its where we are today. Left/right is an ignorant medias take on urban/rural.

Well I imagine that the city folk would get a rude awakening if they ever ended up in conflict with you rural folk.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

They admitted the initially reported number was incorrect, and then they issued a correction.

That's not a lie.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

They admitted the initially reported number was incorrect, and then they issued a correction.

That's not a lie.

After the "author" was called out and made an ironic Tweet (backfired on both ends of her shotgun).

Her clear intent was to have it automatically accepted.

What a liar she is.

🔑🔓

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: Justoneman

That is a USA today newspaper, the Tennessean. Might as well say CNN in print.

So...the quotes I used came from Michael Glassner and Trump.

Well, what could that have to with the big scheme anyway. The NYT lied again after looking for every angle to get you to believe their f'n BS!!! You are choosing to be a tool of the Times if you carry on with them as bringing any kind of "truthiness" concerning matters of America and DJT.
edit on 31-5-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
1000 or 8000 what difference that make ? The president shows up ether way its sparce .

Unless we are talking some hick town 100 miles from the next hick town .

No in fact it was packed outside and the security was still looking at thousands wanting in is what it appears is the real truth to go with the 5500 the Fire Marshall estimated. So the goal of making you believe no one came was what this is exposing, and it sure seems you bought in to the lies......Are you that easy to fool?(probably not)? Look at the links I posted with the crowds and see if you still feel that way.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
They made a correction and still people talk about it. Heh. I've never seen Fox News make any correction whenever factual errors have been pointed out.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People
a reply to: JBurns

I'm the same way. I'd call myself a moderate/centrist Republican. I've been registered as a Republican all my life (although I'd say I vote equally for almost as many Democrats as I do Republicans) because I'm a strong fiscal conservative. I'm also socially liberal (left of center) when it comes to racial issues, women's issues, gay rights, etc.

However, no matter how socially liberal I and many others like me are, if I mention that I'm a Republican I become demonized as a racist, bigoted, misogynistic homophobe.

Being Neutral and a Christian voting Libertarian, I have never thought of the R's for any of those like the R haters say. Truly, I left the D's over some of that bigoted mess like keeping black folk down while creating fatherless families in that community. Not many D's are homophobes like Joy B.

For me I see that it has to do more about people being true to themselves will slip up and say stupid things sometimes. What I see is a definite double standard that mostly R's, while almost never the same for the by D's,get called out for the idiots in their midst.

Disturbingly for a neutral whether it was a Bush or a Clinton, the progressives were allowed to be dictating things and allowed to be breaking laws. Plus despite the will of their constituents who do sometimes get the "pork", they head this land to the brink of bankruptcy. All that cheating for one side forces good people to pick the other one that is getting hosed.
We are we all being manipulated some. Some of you supporting the D's seem to be better objects of manipulation than others is obvious to me.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Her comment about the child saying "fake news" when they probably didn't know what they were talking about. Her point about children being raised to hate one side or the other without them even knowing what they hate, that's what she's spot on about.

I guarantee you that kid hasn't watched a single minute of the news in his/her life enough to understand what's going on yet they parrot what their parents tell them to. That's what I'm talking about and what the tweet was alluding to in so many words.
edit on 5/31/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

He was calling out the news

She said that is terrible because we shouldn’t hate in the news

You call out the news all of the time

Her tweet shows she is just embracing a sense of victim hood while being the fake news she is lamenting people calling her out for it

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I guarantee that kid has.

And has a better understanding than Julie does.

😃

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Her point seemed to be about a child not having the mental awareness to know what's going on yet saying buzzwords like "fake news". I could care less about whether she works for a "fake news" organization or not, my point is that the child is just parroting whatever their parents tell them to. It's equivalent to a child going up to Trump and screaming that he colluded with Russia while not even understanding what they're talking about, they're just saying what their liberal parents told them to.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

We can only imagine what Julie's parents told her.

🎁

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Probably the same sort of BS the kid screaming "fake news" was taught only with a different slant.
edit on 5/31/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join