It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Times Admits It Lied About Crowd Size at Nashville Trump Rally

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Shameful, what kind of person would lie about crowd size??

ha!

40 stars for this thread, ffs

trump lies daily and they could give a rats ass.

this jumping on nyt looks so god damn pathetic it's embarrassing.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
The woman's tweet is pretty spot-on. We have nearly a whole generation being raised to hate one side of the political spectrum or the other

That's funny you just referred to the MSM as "one side of the political spectrum", which is actually true.

I consider FOX to be an establishment mouthpiece just as CNN or NYT or WP or any of them are.

They have nearly ultimate power to push their politics on everyone and so therefore constitute a near monopoly on information.

Their politic is maintaining corporate status quo and military complex, keeping the average person completely misinformed and consenting, and preventing anyone not in their club from gaining any power.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
The woman's tweet is pretty spot-on. We have nearly a whole generation being raised to hate one side of the political spectrum or the other, they have been taught that to be either left or right is reprehensible and that one side or the other is less than human than they are.

We won't see the true effects of the past few years until the younger generation grows up and carries those "values" (hate) they were brought up believing into the real world. It's a scary thought.

Oh, and about NYT lying, I'm not surprised one bit, they're propaganda masquerading as a news agency, much like every other major news outlet whether "mainstream" or online. And yes, Breitbart and the like can be considered mainstream with the following they have behind them.

Wait what?

The reporters tweet that you are saying was spot on was decrying how a generation is being taught to hate fake news, and how that is a danger to the important free press.

Then after saying that is spot on, you proceed to say you are not surprised that the NYT lied, beccause they are just propganda.

In fact, you more than anyone make every post about how anyone commenting on anything is merely following the propaganda press's goal.

So in effect, you are the exact person that this ladies tweet was lamenting.

And yet you think her tweet is spot on?

That makes no sense.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Well as we learned from the media themselves, lying about crowd size is like the most terrible thing you can do!

They still mention that as one of the terrible lies trump has told .

SO i guess now we know the NYT is as evil as trump.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: CynConcepts

Who cares?
It was a #ing trump rally when he's not even running for anything.

Woo hoo. I need my ego stroked every few weeks so I keep having rallys. Lol.
It's the Truman show.

πŸ‘† forgets there's an election in November πŸ‘†

shut the front πŸšͺ

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

the BIG difference is the nyt had the balls to admit their error - the president of the united states does not. HUGE difference in my eyes.

plus, trump and his entourage continued the lie. remember spicey? lol pathetic.

ya, but lets all cry about the nyt. lol

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

In fact look at how well the MSM was used to mesmerize and game even the "astute well informed" crowd at ATS.

Almost everyone is pulled into the left-right fairytale and wastes all their political capital and energy fighting over petty gibberish. Like this thread is a good example.

Meanwhile the rainforests still burn, the cartels are doing great, the international weapons market is thriving, the oceans are full of poisons, 75% of the world lives in poverty and the population keeps skyrocketing, the prisons are overflowing with petty criminals, bla bla bla.

And look at what we talk about here at ATS.

We are screwed man.
The MSM failed the human race, what's our future going to be like? This sucks.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

After they were outed by the POTUS.

(and little kids)

🀧

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

yep, but they still had the balls to admit it, something trump hasn't done.

if anything this all makes trump looks like a puss, which we all know he is. it's so damn sad the things you all cling to..

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

A horrible nightmare it must be.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

oh lord.. you got me.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
1000 or 8000 what difference that make ? The president shows up ether way its sparce .

Unless we are talking some hick town 100 miles from the next hick town .

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

2018 midterms are coming up and you can tell they are getting incredibly desperate. They have no plan for anything, no plan for unemployment, no plan for the economy, even the stuff they constantly preach about like free college and healthcare... nothing. Their entire platform is "we're not Trump" and they've just doubled down on it, even throwing their own base (DACA) under the bus in the process.

The Blue Wave they've been preaching about is quickly turning into the Red Tsunami.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: CynConcepts

Who cares?
It was a #ing trump rally when he's not even running for anything.

Woo hoo. I need my ego stroked every few weeks so I keep having rallys. Lol.
It's the Truman show.

Obviously the journalist cared. Why else would she so obviously deflate the numbers? These rallies are to boost the voters to step up for the midterm elections. Many in the past ignore them and only vote during general elections. I actually am glad that Trump still is reaching out and speaking via these rallies. That is why he won the last election.

It is a lesson for all politicians. Stay connected with your actual voters, not simply DC and other political affiliates.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

What do you mean by "hick" town?

Are you referring to smalltown America with populations less than 1M?

Are you referring to smaller rural communities that do stuff like promote their local festivals, rodeos, Little League teams, go to church, love Friday night high school football games, enjoy hunting and fishing at the lake or river, send their kids to local colleges or the trades?

Are you talking about the little town up the road with less than 5,000 people that enjoy their local theatre group, book clubs, Bible study groups, fund raisers for local charities or their volunteer fire department?

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

My brother is part of the liberal hate for anything Trump or right wing, whereas my mom is part of the conservative hate for anything liberal or left wing. I have extremists from both sides in my family. I see the issue of hate sprouting up on both sides of the aisle and that hate is only going to get more intense when we have an entire generation being taught one form or the other growing up.

We haven't seen the worst yet.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

You're entirely correct muzzle, we're focusing on the wrong issues entirely. It's very sad to see people fall so hard for the psyop being acted out in the media.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

No wonder you're a trail blazer.

😊

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

And without it, we'd have kids hating one side of the political spectrum. See how it works?

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: underwerks

Nope, I probably could not do better, or maybe I could.

However, of whichever it may be, I know I couldn't properly give a quote on crowd size. I know this, why doesn't the media?

If you know people are terrible at estimating things like crowd size, why do you expect the media to get it right?

Then maybe she shouldn't have tried to estimate the crowd size if she's so bad at it.

Look, I'm certainly no Trump supporter, but I do support truth in journalism, and it seems obvious that her implication was that the rally was sparsely attended, when in reality it was well-attended.

Just because I (or you, or the NYT, or whomever) don't think President Trump is a good president, that doesn't mean the media should intentionally spin their coverage of the President in such a way that reflects poorly on him (and conversely, spin their coverage of people they support in such a way that ignores those people's blemishes).

That's poor journalistic integrity.

edit on 31/5/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join