It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Times Admits It Lied About Crowd Size at Nashville Trump Rally

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: DarhkTruth
Wait NYT made a mistake or lied about crowd size but Trump gets a pass for his lies about the same thing?

No pass, he is right when you count outside see the link on my post above please.

In a statement, Michael Glassner, chief operating officer of Trump's campaign, said Trump "hosted over 8,000 patriotic Americans at our rally in Nashville."

Or

“You know we have an event. I hear we have 12,000 people there. They have 12,000 seats. We have 12,000 people,” Trump said according to an audio record obtained by the USA TODAY NETWORK-Tennessee.

LINK

So, which is it?

www.newschannel5.com...
Squelch the idea that the NYT would tell you the real truth straight up anymore, they have to be prodded.

ETA

Any guess on why it is hard to find pics in the news from this event that is being used as "another trump lie" story?

That is a USA today newspaper, the Tennessean. Might as well say CNN in print.
edit on 31-5-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
The woman's tweet is pretty spot-on. We have nearly a whole generation being raised to hate one side of the political spectrum or the other, they have been taught that to be either left or right is reprehensible and that one side or the other is less than human than they are.

We won't see the true effects of the past few years until the younger generation grows up and carries those "values" (hate) they were brought up believing into the real world. It's a scary thought.

I do feel the need to go back to this post to say I 100% agree with your comments here (and genuinely hope you mean this in the bipartisan sense that it reads).

The fact that this was apparently an unprovoked interaction from the kid is actually pretty shocking, and this younger generation is growing up absorbing a lot of stupid vitriol at the moment.

Having said that, in THIS particular instance, I believe that the reporter DID deliberately go on to post fake news by purposefully underestimating the crowd attendance (see my earlier post in this thread for why I believe that), which actually makes the whole situation pretty damn funny given that she had a massive sook about it on social media...

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

So we have to go by an assumed number to be factual? In my personal opinion I don't think the numbers are newsworthy nor are his quotes about the numbers, it's irrevelant.

If I'm reading you right, news organizations which run fairly unfettered considering the checks and balance of our government officials, of which will be there before and after him, which people rely on to disseminate facts are not supposed to be more correct than any polotician in general, more less one that was egostical before assuming office? Is that a real question?

For what's it's worth he was closer to the assumed number was he not, so your standard applies.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

That is a USA today newspaper, the Tennessean. Might as well say CNN in print.

So...the quotes I used came from Michael Glassner and Trump.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

Unfetted eh? Trump called them out, they corrected themselves.

Will Trump do the same?

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Note that point was made in contrast to their freedom versus an elected official?

How does anyone expect to hold elected officials responsible for their actions without accurate reporting from those who are supposed to disseminate facts to the masses?
edit on 5/31/2018 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I honestly don't feel that anyone is less human than me.
Wow that's harsh if you feel that way.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
It's the kids fault that took her picture and told her fake news. He forced her to lie about the crowd size to protect her fake news reputation.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: RowanBean

Who keeps broken clocks?

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Correcting an error is a bad thing?

Only when it's touted as "admitting a lie"

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

So you believe it is ok that someone who's job it is to report on the crowd size was off by 4k or so, but it is unacceptable that someone could overestimate (keep in mind I don't give a crap if there was 1 person there or 10 million), and yet you don't see how that plants you squarely as a leftist shill? Now she is just bad at her job eh? What about all the past crap flying out of the MSM that turns out to be misreported? If they are that bad at their jobs, they should be fired. But instead we see people that are clearly anti trump, make mistakes or whatever get fired, then get hired by the MSM and you still think they don't have an agenda, they are just bad at their jobs.

Oh man that's rich. You defend one side (The left), while attacking the other (the right) for the same thing.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: RowanBean

Who keeps broken clocks?

Usually people that accept 80% failure rates.

"well today it's 80 degrees and sunny !"

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

How many people died in Puerto Rico due to hurricane Maria?

Or

Hundred?
edit on 5312018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I'm sure in your mind you think you've said something here.

Exactly what...I have no idea.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
The man is obsessed with size.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: DarhkTruth
Wait NYT made a mistake or lied about crowd size but Trump gets a pass for his lies about the same thing?

No pass, he is right when you count outside see the link on my post above please.

In a statement, Michael Glassner, chief operating officer of Trump's campaign, said Trump "hosted over 8,000 patriotic Americans at our rally in Nashville."

Or

“You know we have an event. I hear we have 12,000 people there. They have 12,000 seats. We have 12,000 people,” Trump said according to an audio record obtained by the USA TODAY NETWORK-Tennessee.

LINK

So, which is it?

Looking at this logically from after reading all of the info from all sides. The fire Marshall says 5500 were inside. They stopped letting folks enter when Trump took the stage. Obviously, there were more folks left in line outside and they would not be included in the estimate given.

Trump takes not that more than half of the stadium is filled if he believed there were 12000 seats...it is obvious that his estimation would be closer to 7-8000. It is mathematically logical. Even more so, if Trump had added the the estimated crowd outside.

The journalist estimating 1,000 is absolutely illogical with the known facts. Thus obviously and purposely biased the truth.

It appears the only one who was insincere with their estimate above was the journalist.

Edit add: thanks Xue: even with 9654 available seating. Trumps estimate would be closer.

edit on 5 31 2018 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Correcting an error is a bad thing?

She had no intent to "correct" until she was outed as a liar and a little sneek-cheat.

😟

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Get out.
Wow this is so important.
He's the biggest dick ever if that record is important.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Who cares?
It was a #ing trump rally when he's not even running for anything.

Woo hoo. I need my ego stroked every few weeks so I keep having rallys. Lol.
It's the Truman show.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join