It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Times Admits It Lied About Crowd Size at Nashville Trump Rally

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   
A lie from the New York Times about the "size" of the crowd at Trump's rally in Nashville on May 29, 2018 had to be "corrected" after Trump called them fake news !!

The NYT said the crowd was a sparse 1000 when it was more like 7000 !!

And to boot, the "journalist" who wrote the fakery (Julie Davis) was tweeting about how some kid there snapped a picture of her and shouting "Fake News !!" 😃 and how sad that moment was !! 😃

Desperate.

New York Times Admits It Lied About Crowd Size at Nashville Trump Rally, Corrects After President Calls Them Out

The New York Times has admitted that it lied about the size of the crowd at the Trump rally held in Nashville on Tuesday night, and changed their crowd estimate after the president called them out on Twitter.

In their original story on the Trump rally, the Times claimed the crowd size was only 1,000–a number that everyone in attendance Tuesday night knew was a misrepresentation of the much larger crowd at the Municipal Auditorium to listen to President Trump speak about his support for Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN-07) and her 2018 campaign for the U.S. Senate seat held by retiring Sen. Bob Corker (R-TN).

Breitbart News was at the rally and estimated the crowd size to be more than 8,000.

Julie's Tweet.....

Julie Davis
‏Verified account @juliehdavis

Depressing sight at Trump rally in Nashville: adorable young boy, probly about my son's age, pointing iPhone at me & other reporters & snapping pix while screaming "FAKE NEWS!" A child who will grow up believing a free & fair press is the enemy, a bad thing, to be mocked & hated
😃

+10 more 
posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   
The woman's tweet is pretty spot-on. We have nearly a whole generation being raised to hate one side of the political spectrum or the other, they have been taught that to be either left or right is reprehensible and that one side or the other is less than human than they are.

We won't see the true effects of the past few years until the younger generation grows up and carries those "values" (hate) they were brought up believing into the real world. It's a scary thought.

Oh, and about NYT lying, I'm not surprised one bit, they're propaganda masquerading as a news agency, much like every other major news outlet whether "mainstream" or online. And yes, Breitbart and the like can be considered mainstream with the following they have behind them.
edit on 5/30/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The New York Times is so nervous over the upcoming I.G. Report (part 2), that they are in internal disarray.

Truths changed to lies. Lies corrected to Truths. Lies made into bigger lies. All from the NYTimes in just the past few days.

When President Trump calls them "failing", he's speaking the truth.

+33 more 
posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Having children skeptical of the media is good.

Having children indoctrinated into believing anything the media says would be akin to child abuse.

+2 more 
posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   

#in LOL
.........this is how bad its gotten at Propaganda Central........

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

BwaaaaHaHaHa

An uncut diamond !!

+13 more 
posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
The woman's tweet is pretty spot-on. We have nearly a whole generation being raised to hate one side of the political spectrum or the other, they have been taught that to be either left or right is reprehensible and that one side or the other is less than human than they are.

We won't see the true effects of the past few years until the younger generation grows up and carries those "values" (hate) they were brought up believing into the real world. It's a scary thought.

Oh, and about NYT lying, I'm not surprised one bit, they're propaganda masquerading as a news agency, much like every other major news outlet whether "mainstream" or online. And yes, Breitbart and the like can be considered mainstream with the following they have behind them.

I have really tried to reach out to my leftist buddies to no avail. I’m an idiot and anything I say is scoffed and mocked. It was the same under Obama when I expressed my displeasure.
I would love to meet in the middle. I agree with legalization, equal marriage rights, and true equality. But they don’t care, I’m a Right wing idiot.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Which one is the king of fake news? Breitbart or Info Wars?

+7 more 
posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: RowanBean

So the NYT didn't do this and correct it ?

BwaaaaHaHaHa

"well ain't that a kick in the head"

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Don't feel too useless.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   

“While no exact figure is available, the fire marshal’s office estimated that approximately 5,500 people attended the rally, not about 1,000 people,” the correction stated.

Breitbart had an explosive diarrhea over this?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean

Don't feel too useless.

Correction: May 29, 2018

An earlier version of this article cited an incorrect figure for the number of people attending President Trump’s rally. While no exact figure is available, the fire marshal’s office estimated that approximately 5,500 people attended the rally, not about 1,000 people.

at bottom of article...

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Yep. Look at my last post. Breitbart folks went nuts over it.

+11 more 
posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The generation you are referring to is not being "raised" to hate each other. There is just one side calling the left out on their non-stop bullshlt.

I'm not sure which side of the isle you are on but there is a level of responsibility to be placed primarily on one side. That is the false narrative of the left to intentionally spread disinformation.

The entire term "fake news" was in fact started by Hillary Clinton and the left. That massively backfired on Hillary Clinton and the left when it came to light the vast majority of the actual "fake news" was generated entirely by the left in an effort to smear Trump and ridicule those who voted for Trump.

The divisiveness you are referring to is 100% attributable to the hyperventilating left.
Who acted like absolute crying babies when Hillary Clinton lost the election? The left.
Who has ON A DAILY BASIS ridiculed not just Trump but Trump supporters since Hillary Clinton lost the election? The left.
Who makes daily attempts to stifle opposing views that do not fit the narrative of the left? The left.
Who controls the media? The left.
Who controls social media? The left.
Who has organized nationwide rallies solely designed to stifle the right? The left.
Who are the instigators of violence and perpetrators of crimes at these rallies? The left.
Who has created the single greatest false narrative in the history of the US as a means to unseat a duly elected president? The left.
Who will be proven to have attempted to subvert a US election in the favor of Hillary Clinton? The left.

And you expect a generation of young people who refuse to be blue pilled to just sit idly by and do nothing?

Your post is very, very narrow and it implies both sides are complicit when in reality one side is and continues to be the instigator. You expect a generation to sit idly by while the left is allowed to operate with impunity without repercussion? Hello no in a million years will that happen. Making a broad based observation and attempting to lay blame uniformly across both sides is obtuse at best.

The fact is the MSM is and has always been bullshlt. They are nothing more than an extension of the DNC and this is played out everyday in the news. That's not a biased view point mate. That is a fact. It's in plain print everyday. Point to a single MSM network who references the accomplishments of Trump as a front page or leading news piece. There isn't one. The hypocrisy of the left is at an all time absolute high. How in the hell does MSNBC have a town hall on racism with one of the most well known racists (Al Sharpton) as a guest speaker? They are laughable.

So I counter your view point with this. Red pill this generation and make them realize THEY have the power to nullify the ongoing onslaught of daily BS put forth by the leftist MSM. And for clarity ANY and ALL "fake news" regardless of its origins. I despise false narratives from any side but you need to be real and admit what you are referring to was started by the left and they do absolutely nothing to stifle those flames.

edit on 30-5-2018 by Outlier13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

Fake news lies on both sides of the isle and divisiveness as well. You cannot put all the blame on one side when the same sort of things were happening under Obama except in the opposite direction.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   

“While no exact figure is available, the fire marshal’s office estimated that approximately 5,500 people attended the rally, not about 1,000 people,” the correction stated. The Trump campaign issued its own crowd size estimate of 7,500 to 8,000 in a statement released to the press on Wednesday.

Fire Marshall says 5,500, Trump campaign says 7,500 to 8,000, so it’s safe to say there was probably around 3,000 people there.

She wasn’t far off.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   
You'd think a good news about Trump would be picked up by Fox News. Heck Alex Jones would pick it up.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

4,500 > 2,000/2,500

She wasn’t far off.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

4,500 > 2,000/2,500

She wasn’t far off.

Fire Marshall over estimates for safety, Trump admin vastly over estimates because of idiot hubris, which means the reality is probably a little less than both.

I stand by my 3,000 number.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 12:13 AM
link   

I can respect your opinion.

But why the 1000? A vast underestimation? Got an opinion on that?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join