It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Fawn Over Teacher Who Incorrectly 'Corrected' Letter From Trump

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Why doesn't the leftist MSM ever play grammar Nazi with illegal immigrants?

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: face23785

All I have to say is. . .

#Im,peach45

Yes, DB, you are a peach, x 45 😊

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses
I've always thought that gripes over technical errors usually reveal something more about the critic than the criticized.

I agree, these are the people who know exactly what you mean, but still have to go out of their way to make sure you know you did something wrong, or not technically correct.....
The kind of people who listen half way to what you are saying and cut you off to correct you or tell you that your way is wrong then proceed to tell you their story of how they did it right and even better than you .

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I've always thought that gripes over technical errors usually reveal something more about the critic than the criticized.

Hmmm.

I find sloppy typing/spelling/grammar to oftentimes be the sign of sloppy/careless thinking.

I realize we all make typos, etc... However, when someone consistently types "isle," instead of "aisle," or "Lacent," instead of "Lancet," I start to wonder about them.

For example: One of my replies in another thread

I'd never simply call someone out for typing something like "adn," instead of "and." That's an obvious typo.

I'm sorry you think I'm being too picky, but sloppiness in one area tends to indicate probable sloppiness in others.

I'll end by being equally as general as you and your opinion (quoted above) by stating my opinion that people who make excuses for sloppy grammar, typing and/or spelling reveal an overall acceptance of sloppy/faulty reasoning.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: 35Foxtrot

Hmmm.

I find sloppy typing/spelling/grammar to oftentimes be the sign of sloppy/careless thinking.

I realize we all make typos, etc... However, when someone consistently types "isle," instead of "aisle," or "Lacent," instead of "Lancet," I start to wonder about them.

For example: One of my replies in another thread

I'd never simply call someone out for typing something like "adn," instead of "and." That's an obvious typo.

I'm sorry you think I'm being too picky, but sloppiness in one area tends to indicate probable sloppiness in others.

I'll end by being equally as general as you and your opinion (quoted above) by stating my opinion that people who make excuses for sloppy grammar, typing and/or spelling reveal an overall acceptance of sloppy/faulty reasoning.

The type of errors they were attacking Trump on weren't even to the level of typos. Everything was actually correct, except for one superfluous comma.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Good enough of a point. I was not referring to engineering, though.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Every one makes typing errors .
So what who cares ?
The smartest person alive has misspelled a word or put a . when a , should have been .
Lord people must be getting despret .

I do understand some people who have low self esteem try lowering others to feel better about who they are .
You can ether be crazy and get cured or you can make every one else as crazy as you are kind of thing .
Ptah f least resistance .

I find these post so funny people talking about how bad trump is or how stupid and so on .
President - business owner - hottest first lady ever .
The planet hangs on his word lord if only I was that stupid lol .

Trump must be enjoying him self emensly as so many go so far out of there way good attation and bad its all good .
If I was him I would be laughing at these post .
Coming here to see waht foolish things you have to say about me today all the wile being over joyed your saying it .

Your great great great great grandkids will know trumps name will they know yours ?

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
250 years from now people will know trumps name and will atlk about him even your garve stone will be wiped from memory .
you name unspoken for over 200 years .
that is just how stupid trump is .

3000 years from now if humanity is still around trumps name will be known along side pharaohs and otehr long dead world rulers he will be as mucha myth as a man by then but still known .

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Every one wants immortality trump is one of the few who succeed .
Five mints of fame you may have 5000 years Trump is still known

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Every one wants immortality trump is one of the few who succeed .
Five mints of fame you may have 5000 years Trump is still known

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: 35Foxtrot

Wow. That's a knockout one-two punch. Lack of conviction followed by a passive-aggressive circumlocution.

A true grammarian might counsel you thusly:

"Sloppiness in one area indicates sloppiness in others, and people who make excuses for it obviously accept it."

It breathes control and sends the message that no rational person could think otherwise. Also, pretty condescending, right?
edit on 5/31/2018 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/31/2018 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

This just highlights the ever increasing desperation of the left.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: ketsuko

What is that in house style called?
Boho fly by the seat of your pants style?

It was explained in the article that the White House has its own in-house style.

Where I work, we have our own that is based off of one of the major style guides in use around the country with some tweaks - generally designed to save space since your columns spaces are limited in the number of lines/characters they can hold.

The chain I worked with simply referred to it as their corporate style, and the seemed to change it every 6 months or so.

A lot of times, house style will deal with things like how to properly type out times, dates, etc. You might type a time as 6:00 a.m., 6am, 6 a.m., 6:00pm, or 6:00p.m. depending on what your company's preferred style happens to be and they like consistency so that whatever you are editing for them looks professionally done. That's just one example.
edit on 31-5-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

And this is why I generally don't grammar Nazi here.

1. I tend to not police myself on these forums, and I know I make plenty of errors.

2. I am not being paid to be perfect or make sure everyone else is. That's my job and it stays at work. I notice too many mistakes in annoying places now thanks to that job as it is.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

No. I’ve explained my thinking; which has just as much validity as yours. I actually provided rationale and illustrative examples.

The fact you chose to tell me my opinion is “less than” yours speaks volumes.

Not sure exactly where you draw the conclusion that I lack conviction, but I’ll chalk that up to you just being a dick.

It also serves to reinforce my opinion that you have ulterior motives in attempting to focus on “grammar nazi” behavior in a transparent attempt to excuse sloppy thinking.

I await your next claim that I’m racist or stupid or a big bad meanie. I know you’ll not focus on the fact that sloppiness in any one area is a pretty decent indicator of sloppiness in others.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: 35Foxtrot

You don't get it.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

a reply to: 35Foxtrot

You don't get it.

Ha! Well, you didn’t call me racist or accuse me of rape or destroying the environment or something!

Guess you win without once addressing my points.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Attention Please

Knock off the tit for tat or you may find yourself Posting Banned. Anything other than civil discussion is not allowed and the topic is not each other. Be warned.

Do not reply to this post.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join