It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Fawn Over Teacher Who Incorrectly 'Corrected' Letter From Trump

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   
This is still relatively recent news. I just thought I'd share this:

Washington Free Beacon

For those with short attention spans, this is the long and short of it:

So taken all together, this is the story that the Times, CNN, Slate, New York Daily News, CBS News, The Hill, Newsweek, Yahoo News, and HuffPost all jumped at; the White House sent a letter with an unnecessary comma. And of all those outlets, the Times was the only outlet who noted that the capitalization was actually correct.

Basically a lot of left wing media ran with this story trying to make Trump look dumb without doing any research, and if they had they would have discovered what the people who actually did research to write this article did, that the "mistakes" actually weren't mistakes at all.

Oh, and the New York Times actually did discover that, but ran the story anyway, probably because they knew most people wouldn't read far enough to find out and would just be left with the intended impression, that Trump is dumb. The teacher even admitted the mistakes weren't really mistakes on CNN, although the hosts were trying to push their narrative of course.

It was bizarre watching Mason appear on CNN, get introduced by the hosts as the teacher who "school[ed] President Trump," and then admit that of course Trump almost certainly didn't write the letter, and yes, she was perfectly aware that the federal style guide required the White House to use capitalization she claimed was wrong. Instead, she just insisted that the standard used by the federal government for decades was just wrong, darn it.

This is why they're fake news.

+12 more 
posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I've always thought that gripes over technical errors usually reveal something more about the critic than the criticized.
edit on 5/30/2018 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: and here I am correcting technical errors

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   
She may be forgiven for not knowing that the White House has an in-house style that they follow. However, that media outlets with reporters whose job it is to cover the White House on the regular basis are ignorant enough of this that they pushed her story like it was something praiseworthy when it was really sheer ignorance is inexcusable and yet another instance of reporting on "two scoops" as it were.

in other words, much ado about a non-story in order to create negative press out of thin air.

And I say that as a professional grammar Nazi, but I also deal with questions of in-House style, both for the business I work for and I've dealt with it when editing for a national chain too. Things differ from place to place and can look technically wrong.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Is there a reason that President Trump or his staff cannot sue these idiots for defamation?

Is there a quirk of US law that prevents him.

He and his staff should be able to have a field day in court.

P

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Yep - their base having short attention spans is a key requirement for maintaining leftwing media ratings, so, when one can get past 8 seconds of concentrating on the fine print, the 'teacher' clearly states that it is highly likely that Trump didn't write the letter, but merely signed it but that because of his signature, he owns the grammatical concerns she has with it.

and just like yanny and laurel, this consequently converts to:

'Trump is low information uneducated orangutan - look how easily he is pwned by a school teacher'

LOL [shakes head at the tards]

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
She may be forgiven for not knowing that the White House has an in-house style that they follow. However, that media outlets with reporters whose job it is to cover the White House on the regular basis are ignorant enough of this that they pushed her story like it was something praiseworthy when it was really sheer ignorance is inexcusable and yet another instance of reporting on "two scoops" as it were.

This. A lot of these fake news incidents just boil down to "the media should've known better".

The sad part is, they do know better. They're just so excited to bash Trump that they forgo any of the usual vetting that used to take place. The bias has reached fever pitch.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses
I've always thought that gripes over technical errors usually reveal something more about the critic than the criticized.

Have you, now?

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 01:27 AM
link   

grammar nazi - the people who cannot find anything wrong with what WHAT you said - so they has to attack how you said it - because hey - anything but addressing the actual issue

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 01:27 AM
link   

grammar nazi - the people who cannot find anything wrong with what WHAT you said - so they has to attack how you said it - because hey - anything but addressing the actual issue

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp

Problem?

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Vermin.

Progressive Vermin.

edit on 5 31 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   

I am not sure about the rest of you people here at ATS, but I am beginning to think there was a terrible result as to the outcome of the last election cycle.

It would seem, regardless of our best intentions, we may have elected a human for the office of President of the United States of America.

Everything which is said, and/or done, by those in the White House has to be analyzed and scrutinized to the last jot and tittle. If anything can be found which is not exactly within the desired realm of reality, which is determined by some select committee who are experts in every field of expertise, the President is to be summarily ostracized into oblivion.

I only hope we have all learned our lesson from this and will endeavor to never make this same mistake again.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Slow news day I see.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I only have one thing to say to this...

Covfefe.

Oh and here's hoping his wife Melanie is feeling better.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

Tell that to an engineering professor.
Sheesh.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

All I have to say is. . .

#Im,peach45

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

Tell that to an engineering professor.
Sheesh.

OMG. I actually agree with you!

The first star evah for Silly, from me...

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

All I have to say is. . .

#Im,peach45

What's peach45 and why are you that?

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

What is that in house style called?
Boho fly by the seat of your pants style?

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: ketsuko

What is that in house style called?
Boho fly by the seat of your pants style?

This is talked about in the Washington Free Beacon article I linked in the OP, as well as in the original NYT article.

Do you ever come into a thread and make an attempt to get the least bit informed on the subject before you post? You know absolutely nothing about anything you post about and it's constantly reflected in your obtuse posts. You could try, I dunno, reading the article the entire thread is actually about?
edit on 31 5 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join