It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yo, let me give some love

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: SurveyTheSurveyors

Thank you.
It means so much even between folks who have never and will never meet in real life.
I suppose we don't know how much these words on a screen can help (and conversely hurt) a person and how mindful we should always try to be of that.

I appreciate you!

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Hey,

I hear you on karma. Some things you cant change such as a meteor that will hit earth in 500,000 years, which was set in motion millions of years ago.

You can live those 500,000 years as a species that maybe develops tools to overcome the event. That is a choice. No doubt about it. Destiny we set.

Fate is the meteor. Destiny the life we lead.

I obviously dont know you, but I can safely say your mean streak doesnt define you. Maybe it makes you passionate and engaged. Some people need honesty even when its ugly.

Thanks for striving for better. I agree about keeping mouths shut when annoyed to help oneself. Very true.

Have a good one
Hold it down

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Thanks for your response Tada!

I appreciate it.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   

I acknowledge your awesomeness.

Thank you....I bought it with all the stars and flags I acquired over the years...

edit on 2-6-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Thanks the boost of confidence.
But really theres nothing special about me.
Just someone who realized lifes more fulfilling being the positive difference in someones day.
Hell, the difference that could make someones day, could be as simple as me buying a coffee for the next person in line at the Tim's.

I just want to be remembered for the man I am now.
Not the boy I once was.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Man, all the story's being shared by all the beautiful people here,
Its pretty amazing.

Great thread

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Thanks for the kind words tadaman, I genuinely appreciate it

As for never changing I don't think I will or could, I've always been somewhat quiet and reserved. Shy. I have no problem with honesty either though I've naturally always been a person who keeps his stuff to himself... Weirdly I've always been a person people often seek advice from, share a troubled mind with. Kinda like this thread

I'm usually on the other side of the fence lol.

I guess I need to practice as I preach, share more.

Again thanks for the kind words, we all do have a place on the Earth, roles to play... I'm just unsure what my role is, maybe I'm doing exactly as I should be. My portrait is being fingerpainted, ultimately I'm the only person who it needs to impress.

Shadows, they get a bad reputation. One of my favourite song's is an Oasis one called cast no shadow, I don't want to be the man that casts no shadow... I understand what's in my hands, it's an unfinished portrait.

All the best tadaman.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

When I make people work harder or better because they feel weird being lazy while I am beasting all the work around them like a psychotic animal, I get a sense of pride. 

I feel blessed to able to inspire that on some level. They see how out of place it is to not just put 100% of yourself into things. They see it like I do for a second and I feel validated. I dont feel insane and alone for a while. 

I am finally satisfied with me. I never thought I would be. I want to be free always.

Lovely!

It's always feels good being a vital cog in a good engine, it fosters a good work ethic to get that engine well-lubricated too.

If a job's worth doing then do it well.

It's what I call management material, leaders lead from the front and never ask their underlings to achieve more than they themselves cannot.

Shoes I never quite filled... Inspiring stuff though
reminds me of some of my finer moments in life.

You're vital part of your engine, you will be looked up to by your colleagues and often we need people to look up to, standard setters. I always make the effort to leave kind words of appreciation to people like you and to the management.

Nice thread BTW and your efforts?

They're appreciated, you're the kind of person I give drinks on the house to or buy a couple of drinks for. Simple gestures are often well received and not done enough IMO, I genuinely appreciate hard work.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join