It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yo, let me give some love

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I applaud your sense of independence. You do not need peoples approval, that is true.

I acknowledge your awesomeness.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Hey,

I forgive you. I wish you well in your karmic journey.

I have lived with a sense of guilt. It is admirable that you choose to feel the discomfort in order to make things right. Most would take the path of least resistance. You are a peaceful warrior.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

No I wear cool clothes for work. I look and feel great in ties though. I would wear one for you if it would make you feel more comfortable and respected.

I can be fancy. LoL.

edit on 5 31 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SurveyTheSurveyors

I think you are worthy. I dont know your past but it wouldnt change how I see you now.

You are the type of person that keeps others looking out for you. We need people like you very badly.

You dont wear a cape, but people like you save the world one person at a time.

Bless you.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Astrithr

Thank you for being positive. Its important to remind others that being well adjusted and happy is possible.

Shine on. You make a good example to follow.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

I think you are onto something. Diet is everything.

I have switched to a more robust but varied diet and I never felt better. Food has nuance we dont all appreciate.

Thank you for sharing. I find that once something is in your head and you want to say it, you should.

You already chose to but something else made you say no to yourself.

Say yes.

Have a good one.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Artemis12

I just wanted to do something that I think people deserve.

Many people want to speak and share things but they dont want to impose. That is why I welcome others to feel free here.

Thank you for the observation though. I find it is generally accurate.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Time is the difference. A portrait was someone. A reflection IS someone.

The shadow of ourselves is cast by our true self. Stand eye to eye with you.

You are right that the shadows all go. Thats why its ok to ignore them. Even if they are all there is to see.

Only we remain.

Make a beautiful portrait of life. I think that would be great. Please dont change. I think you too are needed for the world to be whole.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Suanna

Thank you for it. We all need every bit we can get. I believe in what you say. Its not the reason and motivation we should seek, but we would be wise to accept it when good grace pays us forward.

Bless you

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I wish you strength and wisdom. You know you can make it. You should not have to suffer just because you are strong enough to take it.

Take a load off. Rest. I intend for you to remember what easy and soft feels like. Think pink!

My Sensei would scream that when we were struggling and really putting in work. He said we get hard when things get tougher. That is a mistake. We would be wise to bend and sway instead of breaking.

That is why I also wish comfort for you. Thank you for being strong enough for those of us that are weaker. Thank you for carrying our weight.

Bless you and may you find peace. I will it.

edit on 5 31 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Sending positive thoughts your way as well.

Love,
Lou.

a reply to: tadaman

I WANT TO MEET AGAIN LIKE YESTERDAY, OK? Then you can love me in person and everyone will be overcome with jealousy because you're awesome and they'll wish they were meeting you too and so they'll secretly hate me a little bit deep down inside but I'll still be effected by it and feel it psychically and that's why I need all the extra love you can muster up to give me. Thank you and ily forever, and have a good night now.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise
Thank you Lou!

No one could hate you...

No matter what.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

Hey you!

Name the time and place and Im there. You have a special place in my heart. All the love I can muster is yours already. Take.

I swear it, you are one of my favorite people. I sincerely hope you are doing good and smiling.

You deserve good things. My heart to you homie.

*Hug, and another hug again.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

I think you are worthy. I dont know your past but it wouldnt change how I see you now.

You are the type of person that keeps others looking out for you. We need people like you very badly.

You dont wear a cape, but people like you save the world one person at a time.

Bless you.

Thank you for the kindness and allowing me to express myself through words. You my friend are an arbiter bridging the gap between ones feelings and expressions. You didn't have to make this thread, and i feel you may have made it because you want to voice yourself aswell.

So my friend, may I ask about how you're feeling as of lately, what you're thinking before you fall asleep, and what some of your future ambitions are?

I'd love to hear about you, who you are, and what you represent. Thanks for being organic in a world filled with pesticides.

Cheers to you my friend!
-StS

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

Just positive thoughts my way if you are able.
I'm a little sad. Nothing that I can't get over but some days it is just so darn much...

Positive thoughts for sure would be appreciated.

I'll keep thought of your well being within the realm of my positivity. What ever it is that may have you down or feeling uncomfortable, just know there's a reason behind it. Every thing in life is a learning experience, and whether you choose to learn from it will define you. There's no mental, spiritual, or physical obstacle to large for you to overcome, as long as you make progress.

Wishing you well and keeping you in my thoughts, and may peace and love surround your presence!

Cheers my friend!
-Sts

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
"Yo, let me give some love"

Damn man. Did you bring any Kleenex? Bwahahahaha....

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I will say I didn't know you were capable of making a thread like this. But I have a burst of fondness for you, because you did.

I don't believe in "karma", or that "everything happens for a reason". I am strictly a "cause and effect" girl. If you get struck by lightening, it was because you got caught out in a storm, not because the universe is trying to teach you a great life lesson.

I have a mean streak. I can hurt people's feelings. I feel bad about, after it's over. Like within minutes.

I'm always trying to do better. Keeping my mouth shut when I'm annoyed helps.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   

So my friend, may I ask about how you're feeling as of lately, what you're thinking before you fall asleep, and what some of your future ambitions are? 

I'd love to hear about you, who you are, and what you represent

Hey, thanks for asking.

I feel good. Im constantly tired and I live at my limit physically but I secretly love it. I was raised by workaholics from a long line of them. I find it makes me a better person by giving me something positive to focus all my energy into.

I can overdue it sometimes. I do that in part because work has always been one area where I could get self esteem.

I spent too long living as a victim. I got bullied a lot in grade school but it made me really strong. That strength masks my vast and unchecked inner weakness.

I need to serve a purpose. I have a deeply seeded pride in being able to say that I have been incredibly useful to my past bosses, coworkers and clients. Everyone Ive ever worked with will say "He is a hard worker".

My father is the root of that. Work was my in with him. Making him proud of me in this aspect was my world for a long time. It has become something else now, but it all started out of blind loving loyalty to my father in exchange for person-hood in his eyes. I wanted so badly to make him proud.

It makes me feel very satisfied to have people associate hard work with me in my personal life.

When I make people work harder or better because they feel weird being lazy while I am beasting all the work around them like a psychotic animal, I get a sense of pride.

I feel blessed to able to inspire that on some level. They see how out of place it is to not just put 100% of yourself into things. They see it like I do for a second and I feel validated. I dont feel insane and alone for a while.

I am finally satisfied with me. I never thought I would be. I want to be free always.

Cheers bro
edit on 6 1 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

LoL. It hurts so good.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Your post resonated with me so much.

I come from a long line of 'workaholics' as well and I admired them and wanted my whole life to emulate their strength.
I work with intellectually and developmentally disabled adults, not in the homes anymore but have moved into administrative roles. I am well respected and liked in the community by both employers/coworkers/and people that we support however...

My love is my side work. Last summer, finally, the remodeling and deck jobs just exploded and I was able to leave the confines of my offices and be outside, energetic, using my body and mind and felt more free than I had in years. I had walked away from construction/real estate when the bottom fell out a few years ago.

Anyway, I love with a passion the work I do for 'regular' work but have realized my true love is the outdoors and building and creating and bringing joy to folks who cannot do the work themselves. It IS a sort of pride, I'm sure.
When I am having a training class at 'regular' work I sometimes, if weather permits, take everyone outside and hold class.

I don't know, perhaps a mid life sort of situation but I am certainly reevaluating what I want to do to reach the end game.
When my sister is gone, my family is essentially gone as well and my youngest will be 18 in September planning to start college this January after graduating in December so the future is fast approaching and I must make some decisions.

Thank you for being such a decent human !
Giving me things to think about and just giving me an avenue to wander in my thoughts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join