It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yo, let me give some love

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   
So,

Ive noticed that no one cares about anyone they dont know. We dont care because we cant possibly know everyone and even if we did many people would overlap in terms of identifiers. for example: Bill the skater #4, Juan the IT guy with glasses #8, and so on.

By the time you are 40 you have seen every type of person and most paths to personhood. Not much makes us take notice beyond red flags after a point.

Here is where I change that for any willing.

Tell me your story. What you want, dislike, love, and why. Or anything really.

Get comfortable, use me as a soapbox and I will be your witness. I will read every word and will contemplate their meaning. I will imagine you and think of you. I will be your human here and now.

Lie to me, confess sins, riddle me, tell your best story. Whatever.

Is there something the world should hear from you? I am listening.

Thanks in advance.

*Crosses hands neatly and places them on the table. I am relaxed but expectant. I have high energy in my face, fluid and lax body language. I am ready for business, but I loosened my tie so its like after work but we are still on company property.

Ok go.

EDIT TO ADD:
I will respond to each post and I will limit myself to praise or reenforcing encouragement. If you are a troll have at it. I will only be good to you until youve had your fill. If you are shy or ashamed, I promise I wont judge. I swear it.

edit on 5 30 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Ummm...Okay...I honestly believed that I could attain perfection...to reach a state of purity that would allow me to lift others out of their misery and place them in exaltation...I wanted to raise them all up each and everyone...Not for my sake...no...I wished to remain anonymous...I seek no glory for self...I merely wanted to lift all above pain and hunger tears and frustration...

I practiced long and hard...walking every spirit path I could until one day I came face to face with realization...realization spoke and said...Perfection cannot be found amidst flaw...purity cannot be housed in an impure vessel...
An extremely hard and sharp lesson that pierced me to the core...

Here I am...less than I was when I attempted to reach the height of glory...I walk no more among those paths I once trod...
No longer a simple observer I too struggle through the daily grind of selling my labor and time and life for what few baubles are want to fall my way...

It all seems so pitifully ridiculous...so shallow...to think I was want to swim in never ending depth...yet now stagger sluggish through the shallow end of the pool...

So shallow it barely cast a poetic reflection back to eyes who tired merely blink...and stumble away...

YouSir

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I am freaked out that there could only be one of us. Just one supreme being. Endless loneliness. No surprises. No originality. No uniqueness. We know ourselves too well.

Maybe we created this reality to escape from the known. If so, how do I stop from being reunited with the whole?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I'm old, I've resigned myself to the fact that I am going to die, so I spend more of my time making things better for those I will eventually leave behind.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I'm blessed that I don't need anyone's approval. And further blessed to realize that all BS on the internet doesn't add up to a popcorn fart. I'm at work and ATS is an amusing diversion besides being a fantastic resource for.....make a guess...

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I have a guilt that I can't shake from when I was younger.
I was a bad kid in school, bad son, bad friend, a bad person in general.
Once I became a father every single thing I had ever done wrong came back to haunt me.

I decided that I was going to right all my wrongs or at least try to.
I inquired with one of my local lodges. Met the boys and became a mason.
I became a volunteer fire fighter, so I could be my best for people who are at their worst.
If I'm driving down ten street and see someone struggling, be it an elder trying to wheel onto a side walk, someone broke down, a car accident, I pull over and help.
I try to be the best man, husband and father that I can be.

I respect every form of life in nature.
I don't even kill bugs when one of the girls in the house start screaming about a spider.
I'll carefully pick him up and put him outside.

As I said, i try to be the best person I possibly can be, for anyone and everyone.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I want to be you. But, I gave up as the reality of people jaded me in my old age. I still would like to be you though.

I wish more family and friends were like you. Are you the second coming?
edit on 30-5-2018 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Oooooo! You're in a tie? You wear a suit for work?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   

I'm a 23 year old man, from a broken household, but loved by many. How to receive the love? I've never quite figured out. I have my demons. I've crossed into world's unknown to probably every member here on ATS. I've done things I'm not proud of, that have led myself and others down a road of destruction, some of which never returned. I think about my decisions every day, and have come to terms with myself that in order to transcend I have to reverse all of the evil in my life with love. I left my home state 4 years ago on a journey of enlightenment, left everyone behind, family, friends, and a significant other. I gave no explanation prior to my absence, and still have yet to do so. I started fresh on the other side of the country, because anything related to my past makes me grieve. People now a days only know me for my present, and not my past. They appreciate my presence, I uplift others any chance I get, I'll help carry groceries for a stranger, I'll pick up a hitch hiker and deliver him/her to there destination, and every thanksgiving I eat dinner with somebody that is homeless, here their story, and enjoy their company as much as they enjoy my kind gesture. I am able to feel people's emotions whether I choose to or not, I know when someone's hurting, I know when someone's unsure, I know when someone's scared, and my only goal in life is to create a comfort zone for anyone feeling these ways. Some view my approach as creepy, or insincere because of how the world is these days, and it hurts me that people think there's nothing and no one genuine anymore. I will continue my new life the same way I have been, which is enriching others around me, appreciating any and everything living, and trying to change the world one person and one interaction at a time.

Thank you for this post, I don't talk about myself much, I may seem like I have it all figured out in my posts if you've ever seen them, but I'm still trying to glue back the pieces of my once broken self, one day at a time.

Peace, Love, and Blessings to all of you!
-StS
edit on 30-5-2018 by SurveyTheSurveyors because: Edit

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I don't have any problems that are bothering me too much at the moment, I just wanted to say thank you for posting this. It always makes me happy when I see someone showing kindness to others.

"It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money. Just a simple choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one."

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Okay I'll bite...I just want people to know that a proper diet can and does prevent chronic diseases....I want to say a lot more but idk if I should.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 01:29 AM
link   
People generally stay stuff like this after they've come back from Church, or have a deep sense of guilt and want to 'get right' with Jesus.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Your account reminds me of a real live account of My Name is Earl.

Good for you!

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 03:37 AM
link   

edit on 31-5-2018 by Indigent because: There was a better quality gif, but it was too big for ATS

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 04:53 AM
link   

What's the difference between a mirror and a portrait?

What about the shadow of oneself compared to another's?

I see no difference. So why do we treat other's differently?

I've been looking for peace, offering peace. Yet I find little solace in others unless I offer them a mirror, from my experience people see what they want to see.

There will never be peace so I don't rely on it, am I content... Hell no, but who cares. I'm at peace with the reflection. Our shadows are all cast from the same light and when we're gone so are the shadows.

I've got stories to tell, new mirrors to shatter and an unfinished portrait to paint... I won't be asking for a paintbrush.

Despite the crappy existence I've came to find I'll never change my ways, I see a portrait in every one of you and nothing will change that.

I'm good

Are you?

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Let me give some love back to you from my heart! Selfless action towards others brings also to you some caring and gratitude from others, it may reduce your karma and you may even end up receiving divine grace. That's why it is also the best medicine for depression.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Hey.

I find myself seeing that maybe you didnt stop trying to improve yourself. You got wiser in your methods. The old you would never understand.

I think you are just very honest with yourself now.

Thank you for being someone who strives for more.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

That is true. It is nearly impossible to be truly original. That should not discourage you. Now you know just how rare it is to be yourself, truly.

I wish you well. In this universe or the next. If you get lonely there are others here that feel as you do.

You are never alone in feeling alone.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

That is a smart thing to do. No one wants to be the richest guy in the cemetery, but anyone would love to be the most missed.

I will miss you when you go. Save me a good seat. See you when I can.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Just positive thoughts my way if you are able.
I'm a little sad. Nothing that I can't get over but some days it is just so darn much...

Positive thoughts for sure would be appreciated.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join