It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG - Trump did something right and that is why you are not hearing about it

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Annee

So let me understand you here... you're saying that this bill is a good thing, unless somehow somewhere it helps Trump; then it's a bad thing?

TheRedneck

It isn't what is good or bad for the people in general, it's what's good for the big pharma. Is it the reason for this so Trump can have deep pocket? "Experimental medicine" by the big pharma can be detrimental. Or at least that's how I read her post.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
You need to read what I say.

Instead of trying to interpret it into what you think I said.

Oh, you are perfectly clear. You have put your stamp of approval
on judging a Presidents motives.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

You have put your stamp of approval on judging a Presidents motives.

Isn't that how they been doing with Obama for 8 years?

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Show me anywhere I said it wasn't good.

OK

Trump is always in it, in some way, for his benefit.

Which is "WHY he does something" is a need to know.

I took that as an insinuation that was not good for the country, but just something Trump did for his own nefarious agenda.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: RowanBean

It isn't what is good or bad for the people in general, it's what's good for the big pharma.

So, honest question, how much suffering and how many needless deaths is it worth to you to hurt 'big pharma'?

TheRedneck

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Damn right.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Show me anywhere I said it wasn't good.

OK

Trump is always in it, in some way, for his benefit.

Which is "WHY he does something" is a need to know.

I took that as an insinuation that was not good for the country, but just something Trump did for his own nefarious agenda.

TheRedneck

Did you selectively leave off my first post?

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: DBCowboy
You know, I was about to give Trump a thumbs up on this, then I thought about it.

What does this mean? Is this to help sick people? Or is this just opening a door for big pharma to experiment on people without worrying about repercussions?

Who knows what drugs they’ll try on people that are going to die anyway. Who knows if they’ll even have to tell you what the drugs are.

Sorry to be a downer.

Just think about abortion and you will realize how great this is...since they are going to die anyways and are deformed and a drain on society who are you to tell people or the medical community what to do.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Not selectively, no. It just wasn't as clear (IMO anyway) as your second.

So, let's put this to rest: do you support the Right to Try bill, regardless of how Trump may benefit from it?

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   

As you know, I would gladly skin the SOB, have no love for Trump at all, but even I have to congratulate him on this decision.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Yeah. While it may have been reported to some degree, Trump deserves some credit for this and many loathe trying to even do that.

Well done for stepping above the fray.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Fairs fair, its a good move, and it would be no matter who made it, just the same as crappy moves by anyone are crappy moves. Never been otherwise in terms of how I see these things.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Carry on though!

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

agreed, this coming up Sunday 6/3/18 will be one year since my dad passed away due to lung cancer. There was nothing they offered to try except for killmetherapy and he passed on that option

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
It isn't that "Trump" allowed it that causes the MSM to ignore it....it is the BIGPHARMA industry that paves the roads with gold for politicians and attorneys that creates the silence. Even Trump isn't in tge same money/power league as these guys.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Not selectively, no. It just wasn't as clear (IMO anyway) as your second.

So, let's put this to rest: do you support the Right to Try bill, regardless of how Trump may benefit from it?

TheRedneck

My first post in response to Kalaluv

originally posted by: kaylaluv
I think it’s great!

Now pick your jaw up off the floor...

Me too.

But, WHY Trump does what he does is what concerns me.

Kaluva says it's Great. I respond Me Too. That is very clear.

Which is completely separate from wanting and considering it important to know the real reason Trump does something "out of the blue" like this. Or anything he does for that matter.

I am a Progressive. I am Pro moving forward, evolving, etc.

Many discoveries are found by accident when looking for something else.

The way the scientific system works today, we probably would never have heard of Einstein.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I think it's wonderful that he did this. And I think we'd hear a lot more about it if he hadn't (at around the same time)...

* started a trade war with Canada, Mexico, and a lot of other places
* embroiled himself in the Rosanne twitter fight
* "consoled" the families of Texas students killed in the last shooting... by talking about himself
* did an "about-face" on the summit with Kim
* called in Kim Kardashian as his expert consultant on prisons
* tweeted about jobs report (which impacted the stock market)
* gave more speeches that were notably deficient in fact checking

(etc)

For every bit of good press he gets, he manages to do a dozen things that make him a point of controversy (and puts him in the news, which he likes.) Usually this involves him starting a brawl with someone.

It's his own fault.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 11:48 PM
link   

I'm going to agree with you on how science works, and how we tend to advance through accidents. If Einstein knew what was going on with science today, he'd spin so hard in his grave he might affect the planetary rotation. I'm glad to hear that you and I are in agreement on this bill being a very bigly good thing.

I only can wonder at the rest of your position. If someone does a good thing, is it not wise to be happy that they did it? I know whenever my kids did something good, I did not say "Good, too bad you're a screw-up in everything else." I hope you didn't tell your kids that either. It makes no sense.

I say let the chips fall where they may, and damn the personal crap. If Trump screws up, he screws up. If Trump succeeds at something, he succeeds. I have no inherent desire to praise or degrade him, only a belief in calling the shots the way I see them. I think he screwed up on the net neutrality thing; we'll soon see. I think he sholdn't have signed that Omnibus bill throwing us deeper into debt without good cause. I give him credit for the economic rebound, the de-escalation with North Korea, the tax cuts, the tougher stance with Russia, and the transparency that has marked his administration.

I guess haters have to hate, though.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

The problem is that Trump is not given the chance to do anything without the entire media commenting about how terrible it is. Even your list shows just how much spin he has to deal with.

More like we've been in a trade war for years and haven't been firing back. We just fired back; can we at least see how it works out?

Actually, more pointing out hypocrisy... I haven't heard anyone defend Roseanne Barr for her latest bout of foot-in-mouth disease.

* "consoled" the families of Texas students killed in the last shooting... by talking about himself
Yes, taking time to meet with the grieving families was such an abomination, especially since he didn't use the words you wanted him to. Did you at least send him a script beforehand, or did you expect him to read your mind?

Which has been resolved and placed the USA in a stronger position for the talks.

Didn't hear about this one.

Yeah, that transparency thing is horrible. Trump should do everything behind closed doors, right?

Hmm, expecting someone to not toot their own horn on the campaign trail... interesting...

See, this is what I am trying to understand with Annee above... even when the man does something good, the immediate reaction is to condemn him for something else. Applied to children, that would be called "child abuse." Applied to those around you, you would be labelled things that I can't post without triggering censors. Applied to Donald Trump... oh, that's just fine.

Like I said, I guess haters gotta hate.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   

a reply to: Byrd

The problem is that Trump is not given the chance to do anything without the entire media commenting about how terrible it is.

Actually, yes he has. He controls the entire dialogue here.

More like we've been in a trade war for years and haven't been firing back. We just fired back; can we at least see how it works out?

"War" is a pretty misleading term. We need their resources, they need ours, and all the economies need to buy from each other. Trump is acting like it's real estate negotiations... and it's not.

They can hurt us a lot more than we can hurt them.

BUT... this was about the dialogue. He does something good (which, by the way, I did see) but then steps up to cause Canada and others to announce sanctions.

THIS ISN'T NEGATIVE NEWS. Trudeau did say these things. Do you want the media reporting on it or do you want their silence? I think it's important to hear the news.

Actually, more pointing out hypocrisy... I haven't heard anyone defend Roseanne Barr for her latest bout of foot-in-mouth disease.

Does it really matter? Compare his tweets to Pence and others in the administration. They're all business and they focus on government and news issues (and don't pick fights.) Trump is constantly chiming in on all sorts of social things and early on got into spats with television hosts like Schwarzenegger.

You can train the news to have radio silence on anything he does that is NOT about the government... but millions of people read his Twitter anyway and it would still be everywhere.

When Trump comments, people respond. If he wasn't commenting on this stuff, people would have focused on the first news report and the rest of this would never have been seen.

Yes, taking time to meet with the grieving families was such an abomination, especially since he didn't use the words you wanted him to. Did you at least send him a script beforehand, or did you expect him to read your mind?

I think that if you can't approach a grieving person and offer them an ear and sympathy (instead of talking about yourself) that you shouldn't go visit them. He shouldn't visit any grief-stricken families. Or wounded soldiers (not that he is, but he should definitely not do that.)

Or if you do visit, have a script that's simple and stick to it. He can't resist talking about himself. When he does this and angers the families he was supposed to be consoling (and this isn't the first time he's done this), the offended families are going to speak out. Again, we could just bury this and instruct the news media to not report on it... but it'd get out on social media and would make him look a lot worse.

Which has been resolved and placed the USA in a stronger position for the talks.

Debatable. HOWEVER... the row and ruckus about this drove attention away from the first news story.

Didn't hear about this one.

Possibly because there was a lot of noise from other issues, like the Rosanne thing.

Yeah, that transparency thing is horrible. Trump should do everything behind closed doors, right?

Well, it manipulates the stock market. This might not seem like a big issue to you, but it's actually an ethical problem. I'm tired and don't want to go into it (you could look it up if you were curious) but I read several items abut this.

Hmm, expecting someone to not toot their own horn on the campaign trail... interesting...

It's not "tooting their own horn." It's "untruths that he's using to sell a viewpoint." Furthermore, in this case, he was talking to the Navy and he doesn't even have the facts right about the Navy. Everyone listening knew that he had the budget amount wrong, didn't know how many ships the US has, didn't know how many new ones they were getting (one source) -- he could have had someone look this up for him and just read it off.

He doesn't care to do this. He just says stuff. Makes it up.

See, this is what I am trying to understand with Annee above... even when the man does something good, the immediate reaction is to condemn him for something else. Applied to children, that would be called "child abuse."

Uhm... that's not "child abuse." If a kid washes the dishes and then hides a report card with a "D" in history and goes outside and pokes the dog until it howls and picks a fight with the neighbors, would you smile and hug him and praise him to high heavens for washing dishes and ignore the rest?

If Trump laid off Twitter and the only interaction with the public was news announcements by the staff, you'd quickly see a vast improvement in the dialogue around him. But he can't stay off Twitter and can't resist sneering at people in public in news conferences and on Twitter... and he brings the negative press on himself all by himself.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join