It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG - Trump did something right and that is why you are not hearing about it

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Does this include the experimental new drug called marijuana?

Does it include any substance that is classified illegal?

I am not joking. It should include things like ayahuasca and anything that is known to work but is illegal.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Wont matter because that people that die or injure themselves because of the treatments will have made the choice for themselves.

No one did anything to them, they did it to themselves.

And people are going to die from the treatments. People that might not have died otherwise.

This is the way it should be. This is true freedom.

The country will be better off because of what we learn from those that choose something experimental.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Did you guys know that if a drug company is doing research into a disease they will PAY you to use experimental drugs........that they came up with.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
You know, I was about to give Trump a thumbs up on this, then I thought about it.

What does this mean? Is this to help sick people? Or is this just opening a door for big pharma to experiment on people without worrying about repercussions?

Who knows what drugs they’ll try on people that are going to die anyway. Who knows if they’ll even have to tell you what the drugs are.

Sorry to be a downer.

I understand what your saying.

And I agree that the big pharma is going to use this to market untested drugs to terminally ill people.
Although those people do have to choose to except the drugs and I am sure that a law will be made to force the drug company to tell everyone which drugs are experimental.
This could lead to more regulations on big pharma.

The reason we here at ats see this as a good thing over all is because we are the type of people that use the internet to gain knowledge.
While you and I know how to spot the snake oil and have read for years about what works and is denied us, the general population has not.

But they will. I predict that within just one more generation the average american citizen will be versed enough in medical sciences to make better choices.
After all the entire country has been talking about and learning about medicine and health since the ACA was started.

I believe this is a good move and will have a few bumps along the way but in the end be better for this country.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

I recently had a colonoscopy done because of pain in my gut.
I was able to have it done because I can now afford insurance through the aca. Thanks obama and thank you tax payers.

I had a growth in my colon that the doctors tell me in 10 years would have been cancer.
They were very insistent to make me understand that I am really lucky that they caught it early.

I tell you this to bring balance to this thread.

Most of my post here are praising trump for this move but I can't forget that he wants to end the aca without coming up with a way to replace it first.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Some see the glass half full, some see it half empty, others just want to smash the glass and ground it up and put in the food of Trump and his supporters.

You forgot those of us that wish there were no glass and the water was free.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: underwerks

Do you know my neurologist told me about drugs and pregnancy?

He told me that the only way they gain any information about what most drugs do to pregnancy is through accidental exposure, so if you are taking a medication and get pregnant, you become a data point.

This would be the same thing, only the patient has the choice of trying an experimental treatment if they are terminal. Then they become a data point.

That's because it's illegal in the united states to conduct medical experiments on children under a certain age.

Sounds like a rational law. But remember that next time you give your baby or toddler something "approved" for them.
It wasn't tested on children their age and size. It was tested on older kids or adults and then diluted and approved. The first kids to take it in the general population were the real test subjects.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   
some tout 37-40 states already had this... so that's practically everyone right?
en.wikipedia.org...#/media/File:Right_to_Try_Law_by_State.svg

look close. Notice something? The tiny, rural state of New York? With its low population.
Or how about Massachusetts? The innovative home of Boston, MIT, and Harvard. New Jersey, home of Princeton, where people like Einstein once lived.

the remaining states are not insignificant, and based on the geography and economic conditions, the probability that this spares the life of at least one brilliant mind akin to Hawking is quite high.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

About damned time!

We have needed this for years!

But yes, you are right, something good will not be reported widely and or it will somehow be turned into a negative.

So far I have seen it reported in a positive way on cnn, msnbc, and cbs.

Those of you that keep saying the left media isn't reporting on this need to get out of their bubble.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It was reported before sara said anything about it.
March 22.

www.cnn.com...

If people n the right didn't hear about this until the last couple of days it's because the right wing media they watch didn't report it.

All the left wing media has been reporting on this for a week now.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   
i have not found a positive piece from msnbc. the anti trump pages were numerous, however.
edit on 31-5-2018 by skynet2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

But they are right. It was already available. www.fda.gov...

So how is this new law different?

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

LOL When you need a pat on the back for doing your job... What was he supposed to do, veto it? Though it's odd that people are giving him the credit for this and not Congress, since as it apparently passed the Senate back in August with unanimous consent and just passed the House of Reps 250-169.

However, you were wrong about it not being reported. Here are articles about it from CNN (HERE); from Time (HERE); from The Daily Beast (HERE); the Huffington Post (HERE, though this one is skeptical of the bill's intentions), etc.

While searching, I also found an article from last August (HERE) that claims "Right To Try" legislation already exists in 37 States. So it's interesting that I'm not hearing about that from Trump fans...

But let's pretend that this wasn't being reported because it's "something he right", as you put it. He's talked so much crap about the media that he's brought that on himself. Why would you expect them to cheer for any neutral or potentially positive decision he makes when he constantly criticizes them, mocks them, threatens to strip them of their credentials, etc. As much as his supporters call the media "fake news", would you guys even acknowledge it if those same media outlets were openly cheering about this?

Since people here have already jumped the gun with potential left wing gripes about it, then I'll take a guess at what Trump fans would've said if the left wing was openly cheering for Trump on this: "No!!!! If Pelosi and Hillary like it, then the devil must be in the details!" Or maybe "This just proves that the reptilian, NWO, mythical 'powers that be' have corrupted him!", etc etc etc.

yes, i'm in a slightly combative yet surprisingly jovial mood right now. so bring it... until i break fast and lose interest in this topic

You beat me to all these points......
I should learn to read EVERY post on a thread before I replay.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Artemis12

They have your just not paying attention.

www.fda.gov...

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: skynet2015

Only thing involving msnbc that I watched was when they live hosted the signing on facebook.
www.facebook.com...

It was just a video of the signing with no comment by msnbc . So that is at least a neutral MSNBC take on it. Plus they didn't have to host it.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Believe it or not, there have been a few Dems still running their mouths about this.

I hope they keep it up. Their impotent bitterness is a great motivator for our people to show up and vote

The MTs are going to be disastrous for the Dems. Truly hope they throw in the towel as a party after yet another total defeat

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

This is the way it should be. This is true freedom.

Exactly.

You have the right to try, not to be denied treatment and ensuring certain death because the nanny state thought it owned you and I.

It doesn't. Now we just need to enshrine the right to take your own life.
edit on 5/31/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: GuidedKill

The treatments might be provided to patients for no cost as part of experimentation.

Thank you again Mr. Trump. We need this. Too many people die waiting for treatments to be approved.

I’ll focus on the word might in your statement. Having family members that have fought diseases and lost and ones still fighting I assure you, nothing is free. Especially when dealing with big pharmaceutical companies. They are only profit driven. Plain and simple.

To quote the great Chris Rock “ there is no money in the cure. Only in the medicine.”

This is a conspiracy site.So I have no problem with it.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
I think it’s great!

Now pick your jaw up off the floor...

Me too.

But, WHY Trump does what he does is what concerns me.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join