It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG - Trump did something right and that is why you are not hearing about it

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
a reply to: curme

Your post just seems partisan.

Oh it is most definitely partisan. I am not a fan of the Koch brothers, George Soros, or any number of millionaires who use politicians as currency.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   
This is great, if the people taking the drugs are consenting then they already know the risks. Glad to hear this was passed.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

without risks there is no progress and regulations are the biggest reason american healthcare is so expensive and focussed on reputation and money, instead of the patient or quality of care.

i've seen how health care has gotten impersonal and covers barely anything since obamacare, i understand exactly how government has harmed healthcare for people like me with all the more recent changes within the last 10 years, honestly regulations are killing the future of america literally. people need to back off with the need to interfere with peoples lives because "feelings" or what ifs.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: rickymouse

Stage 4 inoperable terminal cancer is pretty dangerous too. Just sayin’.

Yeah, but more people die from the side effects of chemotherapy than if they just got a good quality radiation therapy and used non invasive ways to control the cleanup of cells. Appigenin is common in plants like celery and parsley, Rutabaga has some good chemistries too. They have limitations, but can be used to clean up after radiation. I know quite a few chemistries that can be used that can be used for certain types of cancers. Don't forget about the Chaga, it has almost as good of a success rate as many chemo meds and most people do not have side effects from it.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   
A congratulations are in order to Trump for signing the bipartisan bill.

Let us also congratulate the people on both sides of the isle in both the house and senate who put aside political differences in passing said bill as well as all the well-intentioned people who worked hard to bring the issue to our elected leader's attention so that they would prioritize it.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Actually, the OP only brought up partisanship because he expected it. I would have praised Obama for the same move had he made it. You were the one who initially thought it was a good idea, until you realized who it was that signed it. Your own words.

I also noticed that you did not respond to a single rebuttal of your arguments, only to the mention of your partisanship at the end of my post. I'll just take it that the reason you did not respond to the rebuttals is that you cannot logically respond to them. So you just picked the one line that you could rebut... the claim of your own obvious partisanship. Ironically enough, by responding to that one line and ignoring the rest, you prove my claim.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I agree, he finally did something I can agree with.

However, your subject is incorrect - we are hearing about it. It is the sixth headline in my Apple News feed, and the story that it is displaying is the one from CNN Politics.

“Trump signs 'Right to Try Act' aimed at helping terminally ill patients seek drug treatments
Allie Malloy, CNN
1:18 PM EDT May 30, 2018
 Washington”

CNN Politics - Right to Try

edit on 30-0520185-1818 by gwynnhwyfar because: Provided a short name for the URL since it was too long.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: GuidedKill

The treatments might be provided to patients for no cost as part of experimentation.

Thank you again Mr. Trump. We need this. Too many people die waiting for treatments to be approved.

Not only at no cost, but most if not all phase 3/3b clinical trials provide subjects/patients with compensation for their time/participation, and usually provide or reimburse them for transportation.
(Insurance is not required)
This is a win/win situation.
edit on 0919x6709America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago5 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Medical errors are apparently the 3rd leading cause of death in America..

www.npr.org...

The chance of these people being cured is pretty much zero..

Still, a good deed by Trump..

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Actually, the OP only brought up partisanship because he expected it. I would have praised Obama for the same move had he made it. You were the one who initially thought it was a good idea, until you realized who it was that signed it. Your own words.

I also noticed that you did not respond to a single rebuttal of your arguments, only to the mention of your partisanship at the end of my post. I'll just take it that the reason you did not respond to the rebuttals is that you cannot logically respond to them. So you just picked the one line that you could rebut... the claim of your own obvious partisanship. Ironically enough, by responding to that one line and ignoring the rest, you prove my claim.

TheRedneck

What rebuttal of arguments? I didn’t have an argument, I was only raising questions. You have a problem with that when it concerns the president, good for you. I wish I had a cookie emoji.

You were the one who initially thought it was a good idea, until you realized who it was that signed it. Your own words.

Actually, those weren’t my words at all. As has become custom, to manufacture an argument you have to take what I said completely out of context. What I said was:

You know, I was about to give Trump a thumbs up on this, then I thought about it. What does this mean? Is this to help sick people? Or is this just opening a door for big pharma to experiment on people without worrying about repercussions?

No where did I say it was Trump that made me reconsider, it was the implications of letting big pharma experiment on people.

That whole context thing.

But hey, good try. You’re a lot more eloquent than most people that get offended and try to make up an argument by taking something out of context for a lame “gotcha” moment.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   

What rebuttal of arguments? I didn’t have an argument, I was only raising questions.

Fair enough... then I rebutted your questions.

Whatever semantics you want to use, your concerns are unfounded. This is, overall, a very good thing, ranking right up there with giving everyone in America a tax cut.

Oh, and emojis are sooooo 2017...

Actually, those weren’t my words at all. As has become custom, to manufacture an argument you have to take what I said completely out of context.

Can we broaden that context a bit? Maybe to include your history of opposing every single action Trump has ever taken? That was the context I was using. I would not be surprised to see a post by you complaining that Trump is evil because he sits in the bathroom the wrong way.

But... I'm willing to overlook that and accept that perhaps I took the context of your post differently than it was intended. Are you saying that you no longer hate everything Trump and want to start looking at issues? If so, nothing would make me happier.

No where did I say it was Trump that made me reconsider, it was the implications of letting big pharma experiment on people.

Again, based on a broader context, the implication came across to me as Trump being a cause of your reconsideration.

Still, I agree with you on the pharmaceuticals: they are about as evil as we can get on this rock. On the other hand, they only get to practice their evil ways because they produce medicines that keep people from getting dead prematurely. If they can stop more people from waking up under the dirt, I consider that a good thing, even if their greed still exists elsewhere.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Meh, ATS would have reminded me anyway..

Interesting Fact: this Trump-thing was a headline on a large German newssite.

Fake Fact: all media always criticizes Trump.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 02:55 AM
link   
"this is why you are not hearing about it"

Fake news/clickbait. It's all over the news and Twitter.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Trump coming out in support of terminally ill people will only make the libtards freak out.

Now they're gonna turn on the terminally ill people and say they deserve to die because they are Trump supporters or something stupid to that effect.

They still don't get it they're being played like a fiddle, just like the man has been doing with them all along.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Fake Fact: all media always criticizes Trump.

You sure about that?

www.washingtontimes.com...

A wide-ranging study of broadcast news coverage of President Trump in the first four months of the year reveals that it was 90 percent negative — just as it was throughout 2017.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

Welll.. nobody would call newsbusters.org an unbiased site, right? Just look at it.

I may quote

CENSORED! How Online Media Companies Are Suppressing Conservative Speech

And their header says "Exposing and combating liberal media bias".

Sorry, that is not a credible source if the topic is "Trump good/bad? What does the media say?"

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Freedom to try something , anything when your going to die anyway, is a freedom I didn't even know we didn't have. lol

This is a good thing.

But really I would have tried whatever the hell I wanted to anyway. laws be damned when I am going to die anyway.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Why are you saying the media is quit about it?

It's all over ever news site and live stream I have seen all day.

Where ever you got this story from must have just been one of the first before the rest jumped on it.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   
This is no small change for the history of American health care. The problem humans experience in the United States with obstruction to final hour experimentation has become something of a trope in health care fiction, and heavily sourced in fact. In many instances proven medical procedures used by vets for horses, dogs, or zoo animals such as lions are ignored, or completely unknown. Except a horse track doesn't care about the opinions of a board. They just want to see their horse running and winning and not dying.

With respect to the final hours, terminally ill, and people with illnesses that only grow worse till death, like ALS, the bureaucracy trying to "save" these people from the "cranks" and untested medicine are counterproductive. When the patient is already terminal and in a wheel chair twitching away trying to get permission for euthanasia, there really is nothing left to lose. In the worse case scenario the experiment is fatal, providing what many patients wanted anyway. If the procedure does nothing, it is only worse than placebo. If it gives false hope, then the patient at least experiences the chemical rush associated with placebo. All that leaves are the outliers of making it worse (its going to get worse anyway and become fatal) and making it better.

The logical conclusion of any algorithm is that the president should sign such a document and provide these people the right to access this medicine. Furthermore, there have been many good doctors with ruined careers because of their willingness to use experimental medication. This type of change in policy saves many doctors, and allows those more cautious about their careers to explore the latest techniques, rather than waiting for decades for the FDA to go through the process of the medical food chain from microbe to mice to rabbits and apes and then human trials, which are still not at the level of access that most patients and doctors could access.

In the long run, this places the laws of accelerating returns firmly in the seat of the medical community, even if it is only for exotic, terrible, and terminal illnesses, the way in which it exposes thousands of doctors to the latest techniques will yield decades in medical progress in the next few years. A decade or two of this model will bring Americans as far as they might have been after 50-100 years using previous standards of red tape.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

This only benefits the rich that can actually afford the prices for these experimental treatments.

Good. Let them be the test subjects. Once we see a rich person get over some terminal illness using an experimental treatment, then us poor will know it's worth selling our house or bankrupting our families to buy it.

Otherwise arn't poor people going to use all their savings on something that doesn't work.
In fact that is what happens now.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join