It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG - Trump did something right and that is why you are not hearing about it

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Sorry. no whataboutism for you.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Let us break this down a bit. He did not lie when he said no one will die on the streets under his watch.
When he is watching no one has died. But often he is at a desk or most likely playing golf. And there are no streets on the green.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: DBCowboy

Trump has done everything right, and this is just another in a long list of them.

Rubbish, if Trump was doing everything right, this op would not have been written the way it was.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

You’re the one Trump is always right, right or wrong.

You’re the one so miserable you have to obsessively constantly worry about how people view Trump.

So who’s miserable?

I live by a code of morality. Not a code of idolatry for a political personality.

And yet you've even congratulated me on threads where I have been critical of Trump.

"The sun will come up tomorrow. . . you can bet your bottom dollar. . . . . tomorrow. . . !"

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Allaroundyou

We're going to have to have a serious chat sometime as I have a little experience with big pharma myself.

Hey man just PM me anytime. Just keep in mind there are a few things I cannot discuss.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I don’t remember that but if you did, good for you

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Or like with my wife...she does not care. I asked her " If Trump pulled in our driveway with the deed to our property as to where he had paid off the mortage." Plus he had a check for 6 figures made out to us, tax free. She said, she would tear up the check and ask him to get the f--k off our property. Yeap, she sure did. I said what if it was Reagan.....same reply. same reply for every Republican President I named. Yeap, she sure did. I'm thinking that if Trump wins again...….I may be single in my old age.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

The mocking is fake news. Well mocking the disability anyway, since the disability that Kovaleski has doesn't cause spasms.

As for everything else, You show that words are as mighty as sticks and stones to you.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

Twas a legit question. You obviously met the man in person, I wanna know more.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   
This exists already, it was a solution to a problem that didn't exist. The FDA has a compassionate-use program, doctors apply to the FDA for permission to use an experimental drug.

From January:

Koch brothers-backed groups are launching a campaign urging Congress to pass legislation allowing terminally ill patients to request access to experimental drugs the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) hasn’t approved. Nearly 40 states have this law, known as “Right to Try,” already on their books. But Freedom Partners, in partnership with Americans for Prosperity — two groups funded in part by billionaire brothers Charles and David Koch — say federal legislation is needed to assuage patient fears that the federal government will override state laws.

The Hill

Now ask yourself this, why would the Koch brothers want this bill to be passed so badly?

Altruism?

Big-pharma gets to sell more drugs, faster? Without all of that pesky, slow, gotta wait for the FDA to say it is safe?

I guess the answer depends on your opinion of the Koch brothers.
edit on 30-5-2018 by curme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Trump has done everything right, and this is just another in a long list of them.

Rubbish, if Trump was doing everything right, this op would not have been written the way it was.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   
well this is the best thing i've heard all year, maybe i can finally find a treatment for my disease without having to wait 5 to 10 years or more, it will also speed up research by years while also reduce costs.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: curme

So its bad and shouldn't be passed because of the Kochs?

Also, I think the key difference is that doctors have to apply, whereas with this terminally ill patients have...The right to try.

Your post just seems partisan.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
double
edit on 30-5-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

While I am sorry to hear that you have something that needs a cure just think more about pharma having the ability to fast track certain drugs to the market.
Like I said in another post. This could be very good or very bad.
I guess we just wait and see and also pray that those that could benefit from this do benefit.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Well, there will certainly be people who take advantage of the sick and dying waiting in the wings, but in the case of experimental drugging, it will now be legal for the to move in. Maybe this will lead to cheap cures- who knows. But you can bet some will be manipulated and some will be saved- and people will fight the problems that arise to no avail... and big pharma will prosper in the end.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

These are people that are more than likely to die as it is, so I'm not really sure what evils big pharma could really do to them. I guess they could take a medication that cures them but turns them purple??

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Good stuff, my uncle has lived more than a decade beyond what was expected due to experimental cancer drugs.

Now, so as not to disappoint the OP..even a broken clock is right twice a day

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

You are correct in your statement. But those pharmaceutical company’s having the ability to only undergo a bit less of regulations could give them the ability to fast track a drug to the major market. The long term affects of that could be bad. And they can also be good. Just keep an eye on this one.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: underwerks

I was about to give Trump a thumbs up on this, then I thought about it.

Yeah, best to check your enthusiasm before you mess up and congratulate the wrong person for doing something good.

What does this mean? Is this to help sick people? Or is this just opening a door for big pharma to experiment on people without worrying about repercussions?

How about both? After all, if one dies of liver cancer in a week or of complications to an experimental drug in a week, are they not dead either way? Does it make them more dead if a pharmaceutical company gets something out of it?

Who knows what drugs they’ll try on people that are going to die anyway. Who knows if they’ll even have to tell you what the drugs are.

By law, the patients will know. You do realize everyone has the right to refuse any medication, right?

But I get it.... Trump = bad. Make it political.

TheRedneck

I didn’t make anything political. You and the OP did. When I see something like this I don’t think “Trump”, and if Obama had done it, I wouldn’t think “Obama”.

I think FDA. Pfizer. Merck. Or whatever big pharma companies come to mind. In your rush to accuse me of making this political, you’re the one making it that way.

Carry on though.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join