It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG - Trump did something right and that is why you are not hearing about it

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: DBCowboy
You know, I was about to give Trump a thumbs up on this, then I thought about it.

What does this mean? Is this to help sick people? Or is this just opening a door for big pharma to experiment on people without worrying about repercussions?

Who knows what drugs they’ll try on people that are going to die anyway. Who knows if they’ll even have to tell you what the drugs are.

Sorry to be a downer.

I was waiting, glad you didn't disappoint.

Some see the glass half full, some see it half empty, others just want to smash the glass and ground it up and put in the food of Trump and his supporters.

Hey, I was trying to think of something funny and positive to say, but then what I thought of turned into a real concern.

I don’t trust big pharma to put the people they’ll be experimenting on over their own profits. It’s basically legalized human experimentation. Whether that’s a good thing or not, I don’t know. We haven’t really been down that road yet in society.

So I’ll try to stay positive, and hope big pharma has our best interests at heart this time.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

You do not disappoint sir/madam.

That was below the belt

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

This sounds like a positive move, heaps of people without any other choices will go for this... Trump gets a thumbs up from me...

+2 more 
posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
That's nice buy why doesn't he cure cancer??

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I don't have time for this, I'm on Twitter following Roseanne

link   
a reply to: underwerks

If I have a loved one dying and the only chance, the slightest chance, is human experimentation?

Then doit doit doit!

I hope like hell you never have to suffer or anyone has to suffer seeing a loved one waste away when even an experimental drug might have helped.

link   
That seven to forteen years for release is not in effect much anymore, usually five to six years max for necessary meds. some are approved within a year of development.

But this is a good thing, better than the placebo trials where over half of the people do not get the med which is either an existing med or just a placebo.

I do think that this needs some governance though, these Pharma companies often create some dangerous meds.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

You know, I was about to give Trump a thumbs up on this, then I thought about it.

What does this mean? Is this to help sick people? Or is this just opening a door for big pharma to experiment on people without worrying about repercussions?

Who knows what drugs they’ll try on people that are going to die anyway. Who knows if they’ll even have to tell you what the drugs are.

Sorry to be a downer.

I was waiting, glad you didn't disappoint.

Some see the glass half full, some see it half empty, others just want to smash the glass and ground it up and put in the food of Trump and his supporters.

Hey, I was trying to think of something funny and positive to say, but then what I thought of turned into a real concern.

I don’t trust big pharma to put the people they’ll be experimenting on over their own profits. It’s basically legalized human experimentation. Whether that’s a good thing or not, I don’t know. We haven’t really been down that road yet in society.

So I’ll try to stay positive, and hope big pharma has our best interests at heart this time.

I hope you never , ever get to the point that this would mean something to you.
Unfortunately for some of us , it does already or perhaps will in the future.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Stage 4 inoperable terminal cancer is pretty dangerous too. Just sayin’.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Ummm...Trump is a baaaad man...

So now we're just supposed to actually agree...because he wants to go all..."Island of Dr Moreau"...on the infirm...elderly...and dying...?

Blasphemer...This...This...experimentation...nay...vivisection...must not go unpunished...

Pitchforks...torches...break the gates...storm the Bastille...

The humanity...

YouSir

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: JinMI

You do not disappoint sir/madam.

That was below the belt

Ummm...suppose he/she was just trying to...get it off his/her chest...?

YouSir

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

The sad thing is that U.S. Citizens WILL DIE, because the Anti-America domestic terrorist MSM will not tell them about this new Trump program.

Edit: Come to think of it, is there a properly headlined ATS Thread on "Right To Try"?
edit on 5/30/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

If I have a loved one dying and the only chance, the slightest chance, is human experimentation?

Then doit doit doit!

I hope like hell you never have to suffer or anyone has to suffer seeing a loved one waste away when even an experimental drug might have helped.

That’s why I said I’m not sure if it’s a good thing or not. If what you’re talking about is how it happens, then that’ll be a good thing. I support that 100%.

I promise, I’m not trying to pee in anybody’s cereal, these are just the type of things I think about when I hear something like this. Who’s doing the testing of the drugs? Which drugs? Which pharmaceutical companies? Will this be relegated to cancer drugs or only drugs for terminal diseases?

Or will pharmaceutical companies be given the leeway to test out drugs and treatments for other things on terminal patients?

Again, if the simplified version you describe is how it happens, I’m 100% for that. I just can’t help but to have questions when big pharma is involved.

I won’t bring you down anymore though.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
That's nice buy why doesn't he cure cancer??

That will happen after Trump gets re-elected.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Anti-American terrorist NYTimes says that this program already exists. Trump has fooled America again!

NYTimes despises Americans: www.nytimes.com...

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
You will need ID to get the medication. So this disenfranchises the elderly and the black. So yet again, Trump wants blacks and old people to die

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

LOL When you need a pat on the back for doing your job... What was he supposed to do, veto it? Though it's odd that people are giving him the credit for this and not Congress, since as it apparently passed the Senate back in August with unanimous consent and just passed the House of Reps 250-169.

However, you were wrong about it not being reported. Here are articles about it from CNN (HERE); from Time (HERE); from The Daily Beast (HERE); the Huffington Post (HERE, though this one is skeptical of the bill's intentions), etc.

While searching, I also found an article from last August (HERE) that claims "Right To Try" legislation already exists in 37 States. So it's interesting that I'm not hearing about that from Trump fans...

But let's pretend that this wasn't being reported because it's "something he right", as you put it. He's talked so much crap about the media that he's brought that on himself. Why would you expect them to cheer for any neutral or potentially positive decision he makes when he constantly criticizes them, mocks them, threatens to strip them of their credentials, etc. As much as his supporters call the media "fake news", would you guys even acknowledge it if those same media outlets were openly cheering about this?

Since people here have already jumped the gun with potential left wing gripes about it, then I'll take a guess at what Trump fans would've said if the left wing was openly cheering for Trump on this: "No!!!! If Pelosi and Hillary like it, then the devil must be in the details!" Or maybe "This just proves that the reptilian, NWO, mythical 'powers that be' have corrupted him!", etc etc etc.

yes, i'm in a slightly combative yet surprisingly jovial mood right now. so bring it... until i break fast and lose interest in this topic

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   

It's a good move.
There are miserably few options available for the terminally ill...Fighting and seeking hope is how they've conditioned themselves.
This will allow them both.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   

You get a star and a flag for this DB. And Trump gets my full, unfettered support for doing something that will surely help a lot of people when they need it the most.

Bigly good move... very bigly good!

TheRedneck

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I was about to give Trump a thumbs up on this, then I thought about it.

Yeah, best to check your enthusiasm before you mess up and congratulate the wrong person for doing something good.

How about both? After all, if one dies of liver cancer in a week or of complications to an experimental drug in a week, are they not dead either way? Does it make them more dead if a pharmaceutical company gets something out of it?

By law, the patients will know. You do realize everyone has the right to refuse any medication, right?

But I get it.... Trump = bad. Make it political.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join