It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG - Trump did something right and that is why you are not hearing about it

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+78 more 
posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

News On 6/KOTV: President Trump signs the Right to Try Act.The legislation gives terminally ill patients the right to use experimental medications that have not yet been approved by the Food and Drug Administration.

iotwreport.com...

The "pipeline" that approves new drugs can take anywhere for 7 to 14 years to get an "okay" from the FDA for use on patients. This Act bypasses the FDA to give (perhaps) a last chance to people who are dying.

Now I put this in the Pit because I know someone or someones will hate it because Trump.

But really, it's a good idea who's time is long overdue.

+6 more 
posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Thanks Trump! I want some 'experimental' medication.

+1 more 
posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

News On 6/KOTV: President Trump signs the Right to Try Act.The legislation gives terminally ill patients the right to use experimental medications that have not yet been approved by the Food and Drug Administration.

iotwreport.com...

The "pipeline" that approves new drugs can take anywhere for 7 to 14 years to get an "okay" from the FDA for use on patients. This Act bypasses the FDA to give (perhaps) a last chance to people who are dying.

Now I put this in the Pit because I know someone or someones will hate it because Trump.

Now if insurance companies would actually pay for these treatments we would be getting some where. This only benefits the rich that can actually afford the prices for these experimental treatments.

Small step in the right direction but not enough.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
That's nice buy why doesn't he cure cancer??

+2 more 
posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I think it’s great!

Now pick your jaw up off the floor...

link   
People advocate for having the right to die, so why not this?

It's not so different really. For some, this could save their lives, and for some, it could destroy what life they have left. But they are dying anyhow, and the knowledge gained will be useful anyway.

+44 more 
link   

"Trump tries to poison the infirm and elderly."

Watch.

+18 more 
posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

The treatments might be provided to patients for no cost as part of experimentation.

Thank you again Mr. Trump. We need this. Too many people die waiting for treatments to be approved.

edit on 5/30/18 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

iotwreport.com...

I really , really hope this is true.
Gives hope to a lot of folks that at this time have very little
This one may hit home in the future .(If you know what I mean)
Thank you President Donald Trump.

+10 more 
posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I expect in many cases the drug companies who have the drugs in experimental phases will pick up much of the cost for the data gained alone. It's a bit like getting some advance human trial information.

+12 more 
posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
You know, I was about to give Trump a thumbs up on this, then I thought about it.

What does this mean? Is this to help sick people? Or is this just opening a door for big pharma to experiment on people without worrying about repercussions?

Who knows what drugs they’ll try on people that are going to die anyway. Who knows if they’ll even have to tell you what the drugs are.

Sorry to be a downer.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

The treatments might be provided to patients for no cost as part of experimentation.

Thank you again Mr. Trump. We need this. Too many people die waiting for treatments to be approved.

I’ll focus on the word might in your statement. Having family members that have fought diseases and lost and ones still fighting I assure you, nothing is free. Especially when dealing with big pharmaceutical companies. They are only profit driven. Plain and simple.

To quote the great Chris Rock “ there is no money in the cure. Only in the medicine.”

+30 more 
posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
You know, I was about to give Trump a thumbs up on this, then I thought about it.

What does this mean? Is this to help sick people? Or is this just opening a door for big pharma to experiment on people without worrying about repercussions?

Who knows what drugs they’ll try on people that are going to die anyway. Who knows if they’ll even have to tell you what the drugs are.

Sorry to be a downer.

I was waiting, glad you didn't disappoint.

Some see the glass half full, some see it half empty, others just want to smash the glass and ground it up and put in the food of Trump and his supporters.

+1 more 
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Do you know my neurologist told me about drugs and pregnancy?

He told me that the only way they gain any information about what most drugs do to pregnancy is through accidental exposure, so if you are taking a medication and get pregnant, you become a data point.

This would be the same thing, only the patient has the choice of trying an experimental treatment if they are terminal. Then they become a data point.

+15 more 
link   
a reply to: underwerks

It’s not like people will be forced to try these experimental drugs. It will be their choice. Shouldn’t they get the choice, especially if there are no other options except to die?

+1 more 
posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
People advocate for having the right to die, so why not this?

It's not so different really. For some, this could save their lives, and for some, it could destroy what life they have left. But they are dying anyhow, and the knowledge gained will be useful anyway.

I cannot add anything to this one except
If a person has nothing to lose , they have everything to gain....

+6 more 
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Sorry to be a downer.

Love it.

You do not disappoint sir/madam.

link   

About damned time!

We have needed this for years!

But yes, you are right, something good will not be reported widely and or it will somehow be turned into a negative.

+1 more 
link   

Sarah Sanders raked the FAKE reporters over the coals today for ignoring this major show of Trump's compassion.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Thanks Trump! I want some 'experimental' medication.

Share some of them with us.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join