It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liver and Let Live

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I hope you're feeling better. The liver can heal itself, and even regrow. Recently I've discovered that upon conversation with a friend that 3 egg yolks (farm fresh preferably) and castor oil will clean the liver out. Milk Thistle also does the trick..

Be Well.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: strongfp

artichoke basal leaves collected while yellow have some interesting studies connected to them and cirrhosis

I have noted your skepticism regarding plants and minerals as medicine...but a little research in the right places yields results. just saying

When you drink alcohol in excess it puts your liver into repair mode. Alcohol is metabolized into a poison, everything that isn't 'vital' like heart, lungs, brain, etc. is put first and every other organ is put on hold until the ethanol is filtered out of the system. The main filters are liver and kidneys.
What happens is that the liver is to busy filtering out the poison, plus what ever unhealthy stuff a typical alcoholic eats throughout the day, and stops the processing of fats, which builds up because it's to busy processing the poison.

The liver does not like fat, at all, and when it's over loaded it will store the fat to process for another time, but in doing so it also creates scar tissue, if you repeat this day in and out, even consuming more than 4, 5% beers a day will cause a build up of fat, an eventually it will scar.
The only way to get rid of this is to stop drinking. Period. Herbal remedies will not fix it, life style changes do.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

you read the part where Im a former clinician? I understand liver fx a far cry better than what you just exhibited.

Youre wrong, a variety of plants, minerals and otherwise aid the liver and indeed other organs to heal. You sound like youre repeating an AA version of physiology.

Yes quitting drinking is definitely the appropriate initial reaction, but there are many other naturopathic remedies that do actually work on helping the liver and kidneys heal.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

great advice on NAC! stuff has done wonders for me over the years, especially my lungs. That and b vitamins has done yeomans labor on bringin my own liver back to par from similar abuse.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

What I am getting at is that once someone knows their liver is on it's last legs, they take (or hope so) every step to let it recover.

But as long as you live a relatively healthy lifestyle it doesn't matter what herbal remedies you throw into your body, it will heal regardless. It's like when people say milk thistle and lemon juice will help the healing process of 'cleanse'. not it doesn't lemon juice only gives you Vit C, and milk thistle goes right through you.
If your liver wants to give out because of genetics, it will, if it wants to give out because you drink a liter of vodka a day, if you eat crap and are overweight by 150lbs, it will. Otherwise it will take care of you regardless. You can function on less than 25% before it calls it quits, but at the end of the day, scarring cannot recover, that's the scary part.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   

You see we agree to most points...most people have no real comprehension regarding herbs sold in the healthfood stores ie. milk thistle as a prime example. It doesnt do squat but release bile unless of course if you have consumed a poison say mushrooms which is where the milk thistle/liver notion evolved from. It so happens silymarin a and b bind with the toxic compounds in agaricus (poisonous varities) and pull them out of the blood stream through lymph urea and stool. there are limited studies but tons of forager validation over the centuries.

Im not so much arguing with you, as defending a multi thousand year science that is often misrepresented and horribly misunderstood. I can substantiate everything I say with book and study citations. The 1976 materia medica of the USA shared in common 75% of the very same items as Galen in 100ad Rome (not that Galen was very remarkable to me).

You gave good advice, the internet is full of fools, but some, may offer reasonable advice. tip of the hat

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

cirrhosis is scarring of liver tissue, I need to dig a bit, but there are some excellent studies of artichoke basal leaves actually reversing that... go figure, Ill see what I can find, its been years
edit on 30-5-2018 by BlueJacket because: sp

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Here........www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

It is a cheap supplement, you do not need too much either. I know, you are not a rat, but I am a mouse. I have read articles that address the benefit in people, with results that are pretty good. NAC supposedly works too, silimaron in milk thistle works too, all three necessitate increasing molybdenum consumption in the diet or taking a molybdenum supplement and a little copper. I know a few decent supplements if you are interested.

NAC and taurine are heat liable so overcooking meats lowers the content quite a bit unless some chemistry to keep it bio-available is added. Certain spices and thiols will work like a small amount of hot pepper and onion or garlic salt.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   
If you drink alcohol regularly, don't forget to hydrate properly. At least 8 oz per standard alcoholic drink taken.

Dehydration only makes the liver work even harder. Proper hydration makes a world of difference in how you feel, even without booze.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Thanks, I appreciate your kind words!

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 01:02 AM
link   
once you stop drinking fully, then start drinking nettle tea three times a day, your health will improve drastically. a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Hope you'll be alright NB.
You have received lot's of support here, and that is somehow real.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Have you been diagnosed with cirrhosis?

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Have you been diagnosed with cirrhosis?

I will share a few details in PM. (Although head's up because they don't seem to be working so well right now. Check your inbox even if the icon doesn't light up.)

edit on 31-5-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join