It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officer Suspended Over Social Media Post About David Hogg

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Just another sad day in the Good Ol US of A.

Because of the media post of one police officer, "Every employee of the city of Coconut Creek, undergoing training on the PROPER PERSONAL USE OF SOCIAL MEDIA".

One more time....

"Proper Personal Use of Social Media".

I'm sorry boys and girls but before you go forth and post anything on-line, we have to show you the proper way to use your personal account on social media so you don't offend crybaby snowflakes.

Yep... This country has truly gone to hell in a handbasket. It isn't going to get better. May as well just flush it down now.

According to ABC

COCONUT CREEK (CBSMiami) – A veteran Coconut Creek Police Officer who made a snide and disparaging comment about student activists from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School will be suspended from his job without pay for 5 days and undergo sensitivity training, the city’s police chief told CBS 4 News.

The fallout from the comment by Officer Brian Valenti will result in all Coconut Creek city employees undergoing training in the proper use of social media for personal use in the near future.

The officer in question did say that "He never meant what he posted to be on a public forum". Though I'm not sure how that ended up a way other than he intended.... He assumed it was posted on a private forum. I guess your private posts really aren't private if someone screen caps them.
Privacy is indeed a myth. However.. The post really wasn't much of anything to worry about.

So now this officer, hey, I get that you have to compose yourself in some fields of work, but seriously????, is taking some serious flak because he made a funny... So what did he say that was so wrong?

Referring to the idiots laying down in the parking lot, impeding traffic so they could get their point across...:

"Maybe an old lady would lose control of the car in the public's parking lot".

Though his chief stated, "No one thought this officer was advocating violence..." they're still going to reprimand him for it.

It's ok though... David Hogg and his mother are expected to meet with the city’s police chief and possibly Officer Valenti. I'm sure they'll give him a real tongue lashing.

Man, if this isn't hilarious, I don't know what is.

Personally... I would have stepped on some heads, slipped in the store and fallen, end up with a back injury and sue the store and the people for causing a hazardous environment. I'm seriously surprised no one did this.

WTF America! Is this how it's going to be?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Free speech.... Am I getting this right, I thought there was absolute freedom of speech in the U.S ...
edit on 30-5-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

I tried reading your OP but your avatar picture offended me. It was too masculine.

I've reported you to the mods and am waiting for my apology.

And a book deal.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I can't help but feel that certain people are actively trying to push one side or the other of this country into snapping......

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Yep, thats where things are headed. Express something that even hints of being contrary to PC speech codes and you get shot down post haste.

Talk about muzzling contrarian views. Reeks of McCarthyism.

And all to foseter the hive mind of thinking.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
It sucks and its most unfortunate, but consider the employers position.

The folks making these post maintain an image with said Organization/Institution, as such, a certain level of representation is there.

Just one of those things where making two accts, one for business and family, an another private and anon use.

Again, I know, it sucks, but it is what it is.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

yeah, I have nothing nice to say about that Hogg douche...oops damnit, am I in trouble now?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
I can't help but feel that certain people are actively trying to push one side or the other of this country into snapping......

But who?

The sorry ass adults gossiping about teens on the internet?
The journalist for running the story as 'news'?
The tools that post it for faux outrage?

Who's responsible for this?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

They're getting REALLY close, whether they're honestly trying to or not. If it happens any day now, I would be the least surprised.

Can't say I wouldn't entertain a good old ass woopin for a good chunk of the country right now.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Another instance of "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything".

You reap what you so. Our words have consequences.

+8 more 
posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Another instance of "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything".

This applies to Hogg as well

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

This applies to Hogg as well

That's true. He reaps what he sows as well. And there are consequences to his actions. He get's a lot of attention, debates, articles, interviews...many of them negative.

I'm just saying that. If Hogg says something wrong or bad. I can disagree with it without crossing the line and becoming disrespectful or insulting. I can take the high ground. I'm not smart or special...meaning if I can act like an adult so can most anyone. Including this officer.

Still not sure why so many people have a hard time acting like adults? It would be nice if our police officers could at least?

edit on 30-5-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

There is freedom of speech. What there is not is freedom from the responsibility and repercussions of that speech. For example, you are certainly free to walk up to any couple and call the woman a whore. I suspect there would be some repercussions. But there is no criminal law saying you can't do that. You can give a police officer the finger. You can yell fire in a theater. So FREEDOM OF SPEECH YES. If what you're saying is you should be able to say anything to anyone and expect them to just take it, well no.

One needs a filter. No filter, you're probably going to have a problem.

A police officer wishing harm on others for protesting might be a problem. Might not. Don't know. Don't care. I didn't suspend him. He doesn't work in my town. If he did work in my town, I personally wouldn't make a big deal of it.
edit on 30-5-2018 by MiddleInsite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Talk about muzzling

You called??

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
"Sensitivity training"—the two words that will define this generation.

link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

Yeah...... But you can't yell "Wolf! " in a theater!

link   
in 2 months he will be a regular on roseannes new show once all their bull# calms down

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Well, this is the nation that spawned Jerry Springer and Maury Povich.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
"Sensitivity training"—the two words that will define this generation.

In the old days, we used to call it Parenting. We'd get spanked and grounded for being disrespectful. You have to wonder what happened to this guys parents?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

Well, this is the nation that spawned Jerry Springer and Maury Povich.

And Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join