It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese Whale Hunters Kill 122 Pregnant Minke Whales

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: gortex

Minke Whales aren't endangered and have been hunted around Antarctica for decades without adverse population impacts. I'm not seeing the problem here.

I'm going to agree with you here Burd. They would not have to do it under cover of research if common sense ruled the world.

I'm all for regulation to protect the species, but the Japanese have been backed into a corner by world opinion that rejects their culture and demands they conform to other cultures beliefs.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Barbaric is only one word I would use for this, I don't agree with this, whether it's for experimental exploration or not.

edit on 30-5-2018 by Artemis12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I think as many do humans if a animal is cut furry or special In OUR view then we all feel it should be protected .

So whales and such fall into that .
Odd thing is when it comes to reality some are not so cute and cuddly .
My only gripe with killing animals and eating them is it takes big animals to make little animals .
So if you enjoy eating said animal you must leave enough to make more animals for the next hunt .

Humans believe they are intelligent but untill we stop killing every last animal we are no different then a wolf who will just keep killing untill non are left and they ll starve .

But sadly we have no options other then what we do as our population is Unsustainable .
So we will eat our planet to death and like many other apex predators we may very well be going .
Even though i do Abmite being we eat darn near anything and rats will become more common we may survive .

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Just think... next week is the dog eating ceremony somewhere in China. Hundreds of dogs will be dragged by the neck, tortured and burned/roasted alive while they scream in confusion and pain. Ever get a load of all the animal abuse and torture videos coming out of India? Sick and disgusting. These are not human beings they are pathetic #ing cowards. In the name of science? it's OK because they ate the meat?

I hate humans

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Skorpiogurl

i kinda agree

do you know of a better protein that does not involve death?

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

It's not WHAT they're eating... it's the manner in which they are torturing these innocent creatures that gets me.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join