It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump calls out Bob Iger of ABC over Rosanne tweet and firing...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Perception is everything, or so I've been told.

It isn’t,especially when the perception doesn’t adhere to the truth.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Good to see.

I'm already boycotting ABC. And it is unfortunate, as I enjoy(ed) Designated Survivor among other shows beside Roseanne

Ah well, justice must be served one way or another. But hey, as soon as Joy Reid, Michael Wolffe, etc lose their jobs, I'll agree with the action against Roseanne. Until then, it is boycott time just like the NFL before they banned that kneeling sh##

(I still say Roseanne was spot on with her "smokey eye"-esque observations of Valerie Jarrett - who is a known POS Obama conspirator)
edit on 5/30/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
So moral of the story is that it's only ok to make racist jokes if the target is a white person...got it!

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Because it isn't offensive and degrading.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
While I find all of this distasteful...Dyson is a narcissistic racist himself.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: RowanBean

I thought it was because insults are only racist if the target is a protected class?

Too many twists and turns in the rules, man. I feel like a big dumb ape. *gasp*runs to mirror* Whew... OK, I'm not protected so I didn't just use a slur. That's a relief.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: matafuchs

I think the success of the tv show was an embarrassment to ABC.

They were looking for any excuse to eliminate the show and Roseanne Barr gave it to them.

TV networks like politicians don't give a tinkers damn about race, the little people.

They have an ideological agenda. To even think that tv networks aren't ideologically driven any more is a laugh.

In the last couple of episodes she has discussed being a drug addict because she cant afford her surgery, and the last one Dan was losing his job to illegal immigrants then decided to screw his friend to hire illegal immigrants to pay for the surgery that was way to high..

And people think its about the tweet yeah right..

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Disney and ABC has already been punished for their stupidity. First, hey are losing 10s of millions of dollars for cancelling their best rated show. Second their steaming pile of Sith Star Wars franchise is not doing well.

All of these people need to realize we go to sporting events and watch movies or TV to escape political bull crap not to have it thrown in our face by Hollywood Elites.

Vote with your dollars. I know I will.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: okrian
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Jesus. The feigned ignorance about the history of comparing black people to apes/monkeys is pathetic. This racist comparison goes back for HUNDREDS of years. This is in no way some new thing to pick up on.

Even in Darwins time, when the theory of evolution came into play, racist idiots attempted to claim that black people were less evolved as they were still closer to apes (purely based on skin color).

F'in grow up.

Just because a statement can be perceived as racist by politically correct pantywaists, does not mean the person who said it intended it to be such, and therefore deserves to be fired and ran through the mud. It is you, not Rosanne acting in bad faith. Grow a pair.

Roseanne Barr did not just arrive on this earth. She isn't some twenty year old kid that isn't aware of history. She was around during a time when black people were depicted this way in cartoons, and not in a nice way. And I'm going to assume... neither are you. You are merely acting totally unaware for political purposes. Growing a pair is standing up for what is right. Not acting like some lost ignorant leaf blowing around in the winds of human history.

"pantywaists"? Adulthood awaits. Whenever you're ready.
edit on 30-5-2018 by okrian because: better wording

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean

Because it isn't offensive and degrading.

You only say that because you're a racist towards white people.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Trying too hard to be funny?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

No I'm only racist towards orange people like Trump.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
The saddest thing about this is that sooooo many of you equate black people to primates. It is 2017 people. The only ones who see this as about race are those who WANT it to be about race. Want division. Want drama.

The word 'n-word' is dropped like nothing on TV, in movies and in music everyday. The excuse is that 'black people' are allowed to use it because of their hardships. It is derogatory if someone else uses it who is not black. That is some of the dumbest, most ignorant # I have ever heard. It should not be used PERIOD!

We all are born to breathe, eat, # and die the same way no matter skin color. This is so last century to even talk about....

link   

a reply to: burdman30ott6

Trying too hard to be funny?

Nope, just being the asshole I usually am.

Have we met?

link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

So potentially racist comments are the only way to insult people? So long as you don't use racial epithets, can you say all manner of terrible things about people and its ok?

By any means necessary.

Thats not the etiquette I was taught growing up.

No one but spoiled-ass first worlders are taught to be so ungrateful and demanding.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

No I'm only racist towards orange people like Trump.

What's the difference? If you judge someone based on the color of their skin, it makes you a racist. So on that note, I have nothing else to say to you. Enjoy your short time on ATS.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Someone here doesn't understand the joke.
Oh well.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

Roseanne Barr did not just arrive on this earth. She isn't some twenty year old kid that isn't aware of history. She was around during a time when black people were depicted this way in cartoons, and not in a nice way. And I'm going to assume... neither are you. You are merely acting totally unaware for political purposes. Growing a pair is standing up for what is right. Not acting like some lost ignorant leaf blowing around in the winds of pop culture.

"pantywaists"? Adulthood awaits. Whenever you're ready.

If getting someone fired, demonizing them, and making them a social pariah because you cannot handle one of their tweets is "standing up for what is right", you sir might need a lesson in right and wrong. Yes, pantywaist.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Someone here doesn't understand the joke.
Oh well.

They gotta make sense to be understood.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Judging someone on the color of their skin is not racist. It is prejudice. Lot's of people from all walks of life and races can be prejudice. There is a big difference but no one seems to know that anymore.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join