It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump calls out Bob Iger of ABC over Rosanne tweet and firing...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: RowanBean

As far as being primates yes. But you do not see the point. Calling them apes in a racist way means how they behave.

Oh so they are apes. Yikes. I think you stepped in it this time.

LOL. Nope. The point keeps going way over your head.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Good thing your opinion is nothing more than a waste of space, and about as useful as an a-hole on my elbow.

Even though I know you are lashing-out emotionally, as is often the case, I happen to agree with you. My opinion is worthless. We'd be better off if more of you learned the same.

You can't show me how I'm wrong, so you have to make up some fake "elementary school argument".

I did not say you were wrong. I said you were using a childish, "I know you are but what am I" sort of argument and gave you an example in video form to help illustrate your illogical assertion. You've done it many times in the past and have been called-out just as many times. You never learn and that's why you continue to use such laughable arguments.

Literally, you are positing that people are saying what she said is racist... because they are racist.

That argument is the epitome of "I know you are but what am I".

And your rebuttal is the epitome of a hand wave. Your point here, like your opinion, is worthless, just like the many times I've called you out for it in the past. You never learn.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean

a reply to: RowanBean

As far as being primates yes. But you do not see the point. Calling them apes in a racist way means how they behave.

Oh so they are apes. Yikes. I think you stepped in it this time.

LOL. Nope. The point keeps going way over your head.

Obviously.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

So you would have no problem being caged in a Zoo then?

I bet you see lots of humans caged on your visit there.

Do you know what an ape is?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Good thing your opinion is nothing more than a waste of space, and about as useful as an a-hole on my elbow.

Even though I know you are lashing-out emotionally, as is often the case, I happen to agree with you. My opinion is worthless. We'd be better off if more of you learned the same.

You can't show me how I'm wrong, so you have to make up some fake "elementary school argument".

I did not say you were wrong. I said you were using a childish, "I know you are but what am I" sort of argument and gave you an example in video form to help illustrate your illogical assertion. You've done it many times in the past and have been called-out just as many times. You never learn and that's why you continue to use such laughable arguments.

Literally, you are positing that people are saying what she said is racist... because they are racist.

That argument is the epitome of "I know you are but what am I".

And your rebuttal is the epitome of a hand wave. Your point here, like your opinion, is worthless, just like the many times I've called you out for it in the past. You never learn.

Once again, you use the "I know you are but what am I" approach.

Hilarious!

Your immaturity is compulsive, apparently.

link   

Do you know what racist behaviour is?

If you don't then i feel sorry for you.

link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Humans are apes,

Some people need to be caged. Like Trump.

*ducks*

link   
a reply to: introvert

Hilarious! Your immaturity is compulsive, apparently.

I know you are, but what am I.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

You don't even know what apes are. I weep for your children.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Huckabee Sanders sounds like one of ats trump supporters defending and justifying idiocracy lol if she ever gets fired there will be a huge talent pool here at Above Top Secret to replace her lol

link   

Weep away.

At the same time shed some tears for those who are subject to racism.
edit on 30-5-2018 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

link   

Hilarious! Your immaturity is compulsive, apparently.

I know you are, but what am I.

I think the appropriate term to use is "chicken#".

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Weep away.

At the same time shed some tears for those you are subject to racism.

I will. Try learning about justice some time.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I think the appropriate term to use is "chicken#".

Also describes the consistency of your arguments.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Ante isn't the only person who can point out hypocrisy, though. Trump is doing it here....and that is all he is doing.

Listen, I've made many mentions to my family that I appreciate the path ABC has taken. American Idol, for example...they took the franchise, got rid of the jerk commentary that Cowell did, and produced entertainment that was all about uplifting their talent in the eyes of America, not breaking them down (so much so that they wouldn't criticize bad performances...but thats another issue)

It would be nice if ABC acted consistently in that regard. I don't watch the View, so cannot report on what is said. But that is because of the nastiness I saw when I tuned in a couple of times.

You can't fire one person for being a crazy ass, and give 4 others a total pass. Or, if you do, you will have people call you out for being inconsistent with your own policies.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: intrepid

If a Planet of the Apes reference is now an epithet, then I give up. Just call me a damn racist and we can be done with this inane song and dance. Fact is, when we have actually crossed the line demarcating actual racism from hystrionics and hysterical BS, I no longer care. If we're going to live in a world where truly everything can and is considered racist, then who TF cares about being called a racist anymore? It's become an utterly meaningless, throw away accusation.

You sound like you're grasping to make an excuse for this.

Is it so hard to believe that people don't agree with you, though?

To me, its 50 years of baggage that our grandfathers hoisted upon us, and that we have to deal with. I've never known anyone to use "ape" in a racist manner personally. As an empiricist, I recognize we are all apes. And I think that trying to parse it any further is just stupid, to use the calmest word I can muster.

Did Roseanne intend to be racist? If not, then leave her alone. If yes, how do you prove it? To me, looking at Jarrett, i can see where the comment is coming from. And without searching Google I thought she was a white woman. How racist must I be?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Jesus. The feigned ignorance about the history of comparing black people to apes/monkeys is pathetic. This racist comparison goes back for HUNDREDS of years. This is in no way some new thing to pick up on.

Even in Darwins time, when the theory of evolution came into play, racist idiots attempted to claim that black people were less evolved as they were still closer to apes (purely based on skin color).

F'in grow up.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

racist behavior is going out into the world looking for any excuse to degrade others

pointing out that someone looks like an animal is not racist if it is true.

so do you know what racist behavior is?

Trump is right in wanting an apology or action over the comments made against him if abc has now lowered their standards of what is actionable

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian

Jesus. The feigned ignorance about the history of comparing black people to apes/monkeys is pathetic. This racist comparison goes back for HUNDREDS of years. This is in no way some new thing to pick up on.

Even in Darwins time, when the theory of evolution came into play, racist idiots attempted to claim that black people were less evolved as they were still closer to apes (purely based on skin color).

F'in grow up.

Just because a statement can be perceived as racist by politically correct pantywaists, does not mean the person who said it intended it to be such, and therefore deserves to be fired and ran through the mud. It is you, not Rosanne acting in bad faith. Grow a pair.
edit on 30-5-2018 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Perception is everything, or so I've been told.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join