It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump calls out Bob Iger of ABC over Rosanne tweet and firing...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

An excuse for what? Excuses are used where someone did something wrong... Trump, Roseanne, etc aren't in the wrong here unless one considers not recognizing the time for discussion to end and ass and middle finger showing to begin is considered a "wrong."
edit on 30-5-2018 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: RowanBean

They turned an apparent racist joke into an actual racist one.

Fixed for you. You're welcome.

They forced their falsities to become truth, and all of it in bad faith.

The truth could be either way. One side force the tweet into one thing and other side force it into another thing.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Perhaps you do not know what indignation is. I am not mad how this tuned out, nor do I believe it was unfair.

I simply think your comments are quite childish and lack any sense of maturity.

Literally, you are using elementary school arguments.

Good thing your opinion is nothing more than a waste of space, and about as useful as an a-hole on my elbow.

You can't show me how I'm wrong, so you have to make up some fake "elementary school argument".

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

The truth could be either way. One side force the tweet into one thing and other side force it into another thing.

Not really. I argue that people are pretending that she was being racist because, in their head, they cannot help but to connect black people and apes.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Not really. I argue that people are pretending that she was being racist because, in their head, they cannot help but to connect black people and apes.

I can equally argue that people are pretending that she was not being racist.
See how easy that is? You and I both do not know the intent behind her tweet. You'd have to be a psychic to know.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I can equally argue that people are pretending that she was not being racist. See how easy that is? You and I both do not know the intent behind her tweet. You'd have to be a psychic to know.

Exactly right. I'm not the one claiming to know. The panty-wastes on twitter and at ABC are.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

It's an obvious racial slur , why try to lessen it.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

It's an obvious racial slur , why try to lessen it.

Because it's not an obvious racial slur, that is unless you habitually connect black people with apes.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

You need to get out more , I'm sure most people have seen examples of it either on TV or in life I know I have , it's what racists do to provoke a reaction.
edit on 30-5-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

That is why we need to be careful what we say, even if we don't mean it. If Roseanne wasn't being racist then she should have thought more before saying it. If she said instead, "If a Muslim and Lola from the Planet of the Apes had a baby" then that would be so much better.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: introvert

There's long been the lowest common denominator who have thrown the accusation around hilly nilly, but in the past it was the minority of vapid dullards who did so... now it seems like a slim majority of folks have bought in and that doesn't play well for the future of intelligent conversation in the world.

I think to say it is a "slim majority" is being nice.

I find the accusation and tactic to be used quite often.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

You need to get out more , I'm sure most people have seen examples of it either on TV or in life I know I have , it's what racists do to provoke a reaction.

It's also been internalized by racists, who now cannot help to make the connection in their heads. Humans are apes, by the way. How do your rectify that?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

that is unless you habitually connect black people with apes

That's what racists do.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

That's what racists do.

Humans are apes, including black people. Brilliant.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Humans are apes, by the way.

Brilliant observation Sherlock.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

So then, are black people apes?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

So then, are black people apes?

As far as being primates yes. But you do not see the point. Calling them apes in a racist way means how they behave.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

As far as being primates yes. But you do not see the point. Calling them apes in a racist way means how they behave.

Oh so they are apes. Yikes. I think you stepped in it this time.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Good thing your opinion is nothing more than a waste of space, and about as useful as an a-hole on my elbow.

Even though I know you are lashing-out emotionally, as is often the case, I happen to agree with you. My opinion is worthless. We'd be better off if more of you learned to admit the same of your own.

You can't show me how I'm wrong, so you have to make up some fake "elementary school argument".

I did not say you were wrong. I said you were using a childish, "I know you are but what am I" sort of argument and gave you an example in video form to help illustrate your illogical assertion. You've done it many times in the past and have been called-out just as many times. You never learn and that's why you continue to use such laughable arguments.

Literally, you are positing that people are saying what she said is racist... because they are racist.

That argument is the epitome of "I know you are but what am I".
edit on 30-5-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Humans are apes,

So you would have no problem being caged in a Zoo then?

I bet you see lots of humans caged on your visit there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join