It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump calls out Bob Iger of ABC over Rosanne tweet and firing...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: matafuchs

Did someone on ABC call trump a cracker or honkey?

Did Roseanne use an epithet or slur? No?

Yes. Just because you refuse to see it doesn't make it go away.

BTW check out the mega-thread.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
They turned a non-racist joke into a racist one, and refused to blame themselves for their own racism. Now we can watch as Twitter-addled brain slowly eats itself.

Well, it appears the "I know you are but what am I" tactic is becoming ever more popular.

Your post reminds me of this goober:

I don't give a damn about this topic and I find it unfortunate how things have turned out, but the comments from many of you on this are simply absurd.

Do you guys not have any shame or integrity?
edit on 30-5-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Well, it appears the "I know you are but what am I" tactic is become ever more popular.

Your post reminds me of this goober:

It's true. If you look at, think about, and believe humanity can be divided into racial taxonomies, you're a racist. Race-ism. Enjoy that.

I don't give a damn about this topic and I find it unfortunate how things have turned out, but the comments from many of you on this are simply absurd.

Do you guys not have any shame or integrity?

Spare us your fake indignation.
edit on 30-5-2018 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

Rosanne is now saying she didn't know that Valerie was black and that she was on Ambien I'm surprised she didn't try saying someone broke into her Twitter account.

Is that kind of ignorance ever a reasonable excuse?

Anyway, this was just the final straw from several tweets (comments) by Roseanne.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

If Trump wasn't somehow involved with this they'd be on the same wagon as everyone else. But...

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

If a Planet of the Apes reference is now an epithet, then I give up. Just call me a damn racist and we can be done with this inane song and dance. Fact is, when we have actually crossed the line demarcating actual racism from hystrionics and hysterical BS, I no longer care. If we're going to live in a world where truly everything can and is considered racist, then who TF cares about being called a racist anymore? It's become an utterly meaningless, throw away accusation.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

If a Planet of the Apes reference is now an epithet, then I give up. Just call me a damn racist and we can be done with this inane song and dance. Fact is, when we have actually crossed the line demarcating actual racism from hystrionics and hysterical BS, I no longer care. If we're going to live in a world where truly everything can and is considered racist, then who TF cares about being called a racist anymore? It's become an utterly meaningless, throw away accusation.

You sound like you're grasping to make an excuse for this.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I took some of the letters in your above post and rearranged them.

It spelled out, "I hate baby kittens".

I'd like to know WHY you hate baby kittens!

Don't bother trying to deny it either. I've already tweeted it out.

So it's a fact now.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

HAHAHAHA. Trump made this about himself. I thought he was an alpha male? Poor Trump for not getting the phone call from ABC.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

It's true. If you look at, think about, and believe humanity can be divided into racial taxonomies, you're a racist. Race-ism. Enjoy that.

Do the people you are claiming refuse to blame themselves believe in such things?

Also, can you show where they refused to do such a thing?

Spare us your fake indignation.

Perhaps you do not know what indignation is. I am not mad how this tuned out, nor do I believe it was unfair.

I simply think your comments are quite childish and lack any sense of maturity.

Literally, you are using elementary school arguments.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

If Trump wasn't somehow involved with this they'd be on the same wagon as everyone else. But...

But it is those that take issue with her comments that are the racists.

"I know you are but what am I".

So much for being intelligent adults, I guess.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

This post is amazing. You say all of this, starting with the dismissive "virtue signalling" tribal signalling (ironic)... And then you bemoan "whataboutism" as you're actively doing it.

And you miss the point entirely. Whataboutism makes excuses for some bad behavior but not all bad behavior. I'm calling everyone out as guilty -- not pretending that because so and so said this that it's okay for so and so to say that, or excusing the trash talk of one while condemning the trash talk of another. Somehow ABC thinks that "racist" trash talk is somehow worse than any other trash talk. And I'm saying it's all the same damn thing. So if they want to get their panties in a bunch because one person said something mean, then they should damn well get their panties in the same bunch when everyone says anything mean about anyone.

Then you admit that you fell for a right-wing hoax about Valerie Jarret...

Well silly me... beat me with a wet noodle. I admitted my mistake and I actually took the time and made the effort to look her up and find out more. Now that I know better, I won't make the same mistake again. I think that's a good thing.

...before stating your new found appreciation for Roseanne because she apologized? Wow.

Actually, I was very specific in that it wasn't her apology, but the fact that Roseanne told people not to defend her mistake that impressed me. Never said anything about "new found appreciation". Just that I was impressed that she really owned her mistake, unlike so many non-apologies that pass for apologies. Apparently you don't appreciate the difference.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

They turned a non-racist joke into a racist one

They turned an apparent racist joke into an actual racist one.

Fixed for you. You're welcome.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

If we're going to live in a world where truly everything can and is considered racist, then who TF cares about being called a racist anymore? It's become an utterly meaningless, throw away accusation.

Has been for some time. You're just now figuring this out?

The term racist has been conflated and muddied to the point where people throw it around ad nauseum, in an attempt to discredit the other side of the argument. Look at other posts in this thread for proof.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Interestingly enough, someone accusing me of actually hating kittens is something I'd find far more offensive than someone accusing me of being a racist. That's how watered down and meaningless the racism accusation has become in 2018. It's passed the McCarthy era "you're a commie" accusation for most tired, overplayed, inane jab award.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

There's long been the lowest common denominator who have thrown the accusation around hilly nilly, but in the past it was the minority of vapid dullards who did so... now it seems like a slim majority of folks have bought in and that doesn't play well for the future of intelligent conversation in the world.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

Interestingly enough, someone accusing me of actually hating kittens is something I'd find far more offensive than someone accusing me of being a racist. That's how watered down and meaningless the racism accusation has become in 2018. It's passed the McCarthy era "you're a commie" accusation for most tired, overplayed, inane jab award.

And that's the biggest damned shame about all of this because real racism does exist and the impact gets so diluted over inane issues like these.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

This doesn't appear to be about an allegedly racial tweet. This appears to be politically motivated, just like Last Man Standing. There are only a couple of shows that bash the dems, there are dozens, maybe hundreds that support progressive liberal ideologies. There are shows that specifically and deliberately bad mouth trump every episode. To be fair, shouldn't there be equal amounts of insidious insipid politically driven commentary in plot lines? Or FFS's, none at all. News networks as an aside, should just be rebranded liberal propaganda infomercials, you know, truth in advertising.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 5/30.2018 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: RowanBean

They turned an apparent racist joke into an actual racist one.

Fixed for you. You're welcome.

They forced their falsities to become truth, and all of it in bad faith.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
It is what the MSM has been waiting for. His response to the cancellation of the ABC show.

Watch the reactions by these two who are 'fanning the flames' of racism in the US. They are saying that racism is being normalized. The commentators make me sick...

Link

Bob Iger of ABC called Valerie Jarrett to let her know that “ABC does not tolerate comments like those” made by Roseanne Barr. Gee, he never called President Donald J. Trump to apologize for the HORRIBLE statements made and said about me on ABC. Maybe I just didn’t get the call?

He is correct. The things that have been said about him and his family have been unforgivable and not forgettable.

Amazing how the 'Storm' has gone away and it is time to kick RACISM into overdrive as the current narrative.

I wonder if any of the hypocrites will watch this?

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join