It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump calls out Bob Iger of ABC over Rosanne tweet and firing...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

The sad thing is, the virtue-signalling fools are only fooling themselves. Everyone knows that both sides are talking trash these days, about many things -- not just race, and much of it is quite vile and disgusting. We all see it. And most of us are pretty much just weary of it all. Most of us don't think it's okay when this guy does it but not okay when that guy does it. But trying to point out that no side is innocent just brings "whataboutism" copouts.

I have to admit that, like Roseanne, I had no idea Valerie Jarrett is Black. I thought she was Iranian and so at first I didn't get the racism charge. But I'm pretty impressed that she's told people not to defend her. I don't even remember the last time a public person actually owned their public apology like that! Most are wimpy "if someone was offended..." that mean nothing.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

It could be that racism in Roseannes case wasn't implied....it was just that people chose to infer it.

Burdman made a solid point when he pointed out that everyone had to go and see what her ethnicity is so they could gauge their outrage. The simple fact is, Valerie Jarrett has an uncanny resemblance to a character from that movie. Its the 50 years of social baggage that led people to infer otherwise.

While I agree that racism shouldn't be used to make fun of people, I'd temper that agreement with 2 caveats:

- implication is required to establish intent. If all there is is inferrence, that is in the interpretation of the viewer, and not the intent of the speaker. Like the "coolest monkey in the jungle"...no intent was there. It was not implied in any way...it was inferred by other people. That is no different than putting words in someones mouth. Which is also wrong.
- there is a difference between "racial" and "racist". I've been the butt end of many racial jokes that we all laughed about, and then went on with our lives. I've made a few, too. I have a mexican nephew who goes by the nickname "bean". For the obvious racial reasons.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

- that you believe that Donald pointing out that firing one person for rude comments and not another somehow means he should apologize (you've really, really missed the point here)

I was responding specifically to this from the OP:

He is correct. The things that have been said about him and his family have been unforgivable and not forgettable.

But to your point specifically, no, I wasn't saying that Trump should apologize for his tweet and also, his tweet wasn't exactly how you're characterizing it:

Donald J. Trump ‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 2h2 hours ago

Bob Iger of ABC called Valerie Jarrett to let her know that “ABC does not tolerate comments like those” made by Roseanne Barr. Gee, he never called President Donald J. Trump to apologize for the HORRIBLE statements made and said about me on ABC. Maybe I just didn’t get the call?

My point is that Trump is nobody to talk about anyone else saying "HORRIBLE" things about people and apologies. Are you arguing that he is?

- roseanne is crazy, always has been, and is prone to saying/doing crazy stuff. The only difference is while she was out of circulation, the rest of the world went crazy. She didn't change...everyone else has.

I would say that Roseanne was always crazy but before she was banished to the wilderness, there was no Twitter to give her a platform for demonstrating to the world how truly unhinged she was and by the time there was a Twitter, not many people actually cared what she had to say.

Her star started to rise again as a Trump supporter whose unhinged blathering wasn't at all off-putting to the likes of Trump, his idiot son Don Jr who retweets her, or in fact, a very large part of Trump's base who is similarly divorced from reality.

It's that kinship that led Trump to extol the success of the return season of Roseanne and personally call her to congratulate her on her ratings. Maybe Trump should stop for a moment one of these days and internalize the words of "The Snake" as he's reading it. He personally endorsed her and now he's butthurt that she's fired but as you just said, she's always been off her rocker and prone to doing crazy stuff.

Didn't he know who she was when he personally brought her into his tent?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Difference is you personally knew those people and they personally knew you and we're comfortable enough or felt it was okay to make those jokes with each other, Roseanne was saying those things in a mean spirited way to someone she did not personally know. Let's not play dumb now 95% of the time when you're calling a colored person ape, monkey, Planet of the Apes, gorillas there are definitely obvious racist undertones behind that.

Rosanne is now saying she didn't know that Valerie was black and that she was on Ambien I'm surprised she didn't try saying someone broke into her Twitter account.
edit on 30-5-2018 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
It is what the MSM has been waiting for. His response to the cancellation of the ABC show.

Watch the reactions by these two who are 'fanning the flames' of racism in the US. They are saying that racism is being normalized. The commentators make me sick...

Link

Bob Iger of ABC called Valerie Jarrett to let her know that “ABC does not tolerate comments like those” made by Roseanne Barr. Gee, he never called President Donald J. Trump to apologize for the HORRIBLE statements made and said about me on ABC. Maybe I just didn’t get the call?

He is correct. The things that have been said about him and his family have been unforgivable and not forgettable.

Amazing how the 'Storm' has gone away and it is time to kick RACISM into overdrive as the current narrative.

MEH....Who cares? The show was good and it is nice to see the cast work together.
But she should have known that saying something like what she did would have a cascade affect. I like her acting but she is kinda a crazy person. And now we have a new slot for another show! Win win I say

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

This post is amazing. You say all of this, starting with the dismissive "virtue signalling" tribal signalling (ironic):

The sad thing is, the virtue-signalling fools are only fooling themselves. Everyone knows that both sides are talking trash these days, about many things -- not just race, and much of it is quite vile and disgusting. We all see it. And most of us are pretty much just weary of it all. Most of us don't think it's okay when this guy does it but not okay when that guy does it.

And then you bemoan "whataboutism" as you're actively doing it:

But trying to point out that no side is innocent just brings "whataboutism" copouts.

Then you admit that you fell for a right-wing hoax about Valerie Jarret before stating your new found appreciation for Roseanne because she apologized? Wow.

But I'm pretty impressed that she's told people not to defend her. I don't even remember the last time a public person actually owned their public apology like that! Most are wimpy "if someone was offended..." that mean nothing.

Come on Boadicea! She blamed it on Ambien. That's not a genuine apology. That's a copout.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Comedians are known for taking shots at people and having drug problems.... no surprise.

If anyone is at fault, it's the MSM causing a fake racist atmosphere with their fake news...

edit on 06050631pm312018Wed, 30 May 2018 13:06:42 -0500 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I think the success of the tv show was an embarrassment to ABC.

They were looking for any excuse to eliminate the show and Roseanne Barr gave it to them.

TV networks like politicians don't give a tinkers damn about race, the little people.

They have an ideological agenda. To even think that tv networks aren't ideologically driven any more is a laugh.

Bingo 💥

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

So it is only racist if a person of color is called an ape? This does not even make sense.

I think it should be mandatory for all citizens to watch 'Blazing Saddles' and lighten up...

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Lets just be glad the Jarret is out of there. Saying she resembles an ape is silly, and almost kind, when you consider the truth. Men look on the outside, but God looks on the inside. She is an ugly monster inside. A sick hideous satanic viper

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

So it is only racist if a person of color is called an ape? This does not even make sense.

Not in my opinion.

I think it should be mandatory for all citizens to watch 'Blazing Saddles' and lighten up...

Different time. Most of what was aired 45 years ago wouldn't make it to audiences today. Now I'm off to whip out my Blazing Saddles dvd and follow it up with some All in the Family.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
It's going to be fun and satisfying watching the liberal MSM get what they deserve from this administration.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Come on Boadicea! She blamed it on Ambien. That's not a genuine apology. That's a copout.

I thought it was a known fact that Ambien affects thinking, especially when it comes to forgetting that a politically-correct outrage machine hangs on every tweet as if it was their life’s purpose.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
So Memorial Day becomes VJ Day.

Looks like Valerie Jarrett passed "The Barr Exam" for the 2nd time in her life.

Now the Democrats can have more campaign slogans !!

Watch for more digging into VJ's past and corruption.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Watch for more digging into VJ's past and corruption.

No news like old news. @@

ETA: I'm sure you'll be at the forefront of it.
edit on 30-5-2018 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

There is a time and place for using primate comparison such as quit monkeying around, you're acting like a baboon, aping as in mimicking, you are as strong as a gorilla but comparing a black woman to Planet of the Apes come on man that could obviously be construed or misconstrued as racist. You would think someone as intelligent as Trump supporting Roseanne would know better than to tweet that but then again look at the kind of tweets her hero puts out.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

And his response was typical Trump , me,me,me.

What an egotistical Muppet.

Thanks for the thread , there aren't enough pointless Trump threads on ATS.

Thank goodness we have Queen Elizabeth II as Head Of State.

We could have possibly ended up with a Donald Trump type embarrassment.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Lets just be glad the Jarret is out of there. Saying she resembles an ape is silly, and almost kind, when you consider the truth. Men look on the outside, but God looks on the inside. She is an ugly monster inside. A sick hideous satanic viper

Jarrett was a Chicago slum lord who drained the U.S. government for millions of dollars, and "schooled" community organizer Barack Obama in duplicating her methods of getting what she wants. (Smile and say nice things, while believing that everyone is too stupid to see you're doing.)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

Did someone on ABC call trump a cracker or honkey?

Did Roseanne use an epithet or slur? No? Well then... your comparison wallows in a pit of mud and fail like a rutting hog with E.D.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Correct me if I'm wrong ... Didn't Roseanne call George Soros a Nazi collaborator?
If this is the reason for her show's cancellation our world is in a LOT of trouble.
If she called someone else names I didn't know about it,I had just heard about
Soros.
edit on 30-5-2018 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join