It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump calls out Bob Iger of ABC over Rosanne tweet and firing...

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: RowanBean

Deserve the insults? That would depend widely on the conversation and topic.

Why do you only mention those on the left? Do the centrists and those on the right not get a dose of insult as well?

Would my opinion make or break your stance on where you place your values?

Because you were talking about Trump. You implied that the hypocrisy is on the left (anti-Trump). Anyway, the discussion is about if people deserve it or not. If Trump deserve it (he does with his words and tweets), then all gloves are off.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

No, I don't believe that I implied that hypocrisy is only the left or anti-Trumpers. I specifically quoted the user I replied to. What you inferred? No idea.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

No, I don't believe that I implied that hypocrisy is only the left or anti-Trumpers. I specifically quoted the user I replied to. What you inferred? No idea.

Maybe I have no idea myself. LOL. You both were talking about Trump deserving it and about how it's an hypocrisy.
Never mind me.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Defending nazi flag bearers in Charlottesville-check
Supporting Tommy Robinson-check
Defending racist tweets-check

Trump cult showing their true colors each and every day.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

Do you have a permit to carry that wide of a brush?

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I was real surprised they let her do her show,I think it was a set up,planned on a reason to cancel for her outspoken support of Trump,the media is all libtards,they are the enemy,suppressing freedom of speech

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I was at work when the story was on the news, most of my coworkers are black, they all hate Trump, and I said I failed to see how RB tweet was racist against black people and every single one of them agreed they were thinking the same thing. Just an excuse to push a racism agenda and push the D train along.

PS, despise RB, glad she her show is gone, sad about the hypocrisy of it.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
It is what the MSM has been waiting for. His response to the cancellation of the ABC show.

Amazing how the 'Storm' has gone away and it is time to kick RACISM into overdrive as the current narrative.

Maybe that was the point.

Also:

Painting a picture of a real-world PotA scenario springing from the vision of VJ and MB was....brilliant.

Placing it into the collective consciousness....genius, as well as frighteningly accurate.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04
I have found personally, in my own little microcosm, that anything the media is pushing strongly, is usually a lie they want to speak into truth.

I don't believe where I live is that much different from any place else. I travel a lot at times and I have found it true in any other places I have gone as well.

I don't see many folk in my area being upset about it. They are more upset about the constant media push for a nonissue.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Are you serious? If Donald Trump started apologizing for all the # he's said about people today, he'd still be dead of old age before he finished his backlog of apologies.

Also, didn't you get the tweet? After retweeting a bunch of debunked hoaxes and deleting them, Roseanne asked Trump followers to stop defending her and blamed her # on Ambien.
She was just trying to save the show. Everybody just went nuts with support when that one girl from the reboot talked about her pill issues (Or something similar). She doesn't have anything to apologize for in regards to the so-called racist tweet. It wasn't even racist. She just made a poor joke making decision in today's political climate, st everybody immediately thought "racist!" Without any regard for Roseanne's very vocal history over the past forever. Nobody thought about how that lady really does resemble the apes off of the original Planet of the Apes movie series. Not just any ape... specifically those apes in those movies. If everyone would chill the heck out for a moment they'd realize that black people don't look like those apes. She looks like apes.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

I was real surprised they let her do her show,I think it was a set up,planned on a reason to cancel for her outspoken support of Trump,the media is all libtards,they are the enemy,suppressing freedom of speech

I think they believed her show would not rate well. Most comeback shows end up being total bombs. Their surprise was that America across bi-partisan divisions both tuned in. They obviously had to nix it ASAP. Can't have a divided America uniting!!!

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 02:00 AM
link   
You're only allowed to be racist towards white people today. You can call them gingers, make fun of their clothes, how they talk and so forth and that's fine. The minute you do that to a "colored" person, you're branded a racist in a matter of seconds. Imagine the movie "white girls" but reversed and tell me how the liberal media would have branded that movie.

White people, and white men in general, are going to start fighting back against the racism that's directed at us, we're getting tired of it and fed up, BIGLY!

OH, you can also have rules that won't allow them to your schools and graduation ceremonies.
edit on 2-6-2018 by TheGOAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TheGOAT

All racism is disgusting no matter what race is doing it, by the way, the only people I have ever heard refer to redheads as gingers were other white people.

With that said, there is a huge difference between racism, sexism and other derogatory language against white straight men when compared to minorities, women, sexuality or whatever. One is a more powerful group that can create, change or adjust societal rules and regulations while the other has little to no power to do this.

I believe that some white males are just not adapting to social change well. They feel like they are losing their social status where they control everything and make the rules.

The dangerous belief that white people are under attack

the status quo also means a preference for a social order in which whites have more status, power and wealth than racial minorities.

This reality – still ingrained in American society – was seemingly interrupted by Barack Obama’s historic presidential win in 2008. After his election, many started believing racial progress was taking place. There was the sense that more racial minorities were occupying the high-power, high-status positions historically reserved for whites.

For many, this was a good thing. But for the subset of white Americans who think that they rightfully deserve to have a higher status than racial minorities, it was unsettling: Were they falling behind? Was society becoming stacked against them? Had whites become victims?

For whites who are particularly eager to maintain the racial social order, the idea of anti-white bias is particularly alarming. It implies that the entire social system is unstable, and they are eager to restore it.

One way is through support for other white people who claim to be victims of racial discrimination. There’s a tendency to respond negatively to black people who claim to be victims of discrimination: People see them as complainers who use racism as an excuse for their shortcomings.

White people who support a racial hierarchy, on the other hand, respond relatively favorably to other white people who claim to be victims of anti-white bias – and say they’d be more willing to help those whites out. They also might respond by trying to minimize opportunities for other racial groups. For example, when white people think they’re being discriminated against, my collaborators and I found they’re less inclined to support affirmative action policies.

They say they’re also more willing to support policies that help white people, like efforts to address discrimination against whites. It goes without saying that in a country where racial educational, employment and wealth disparities persist, greater attention to bias against whites (and less to bias against racial minorities) would only exacerbate social inequality.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarhkTruth

All racism is disgusting no matter what race is doing it, by the way, the only people I have ever heard refer to redheads as gingers were other white people.

With that said, there is a huge difference between racism, sexism and other derogatory language against white straight men when compared to minorities, women, sexuality or whatever. One is a more powerful group that can create, change or adjust societal rules and regulations while the other has little to no power to do this.

I believe that some white males are just not adapting to social change well. They feel like they are losing their social status where they control everything and make the rules.

The dangerous belief that white people are under attack

the status quo also means a preference for a social order in which whites have more status, power and wealth than racial minorities.

This reality – still ingrained in American society – was seemingly interrupted by Barack Obama’s historic presidential win in 2008. After his election, many started believing racial progress was taking place. There was the sense that more racial minorities were occupying the high-power, high-status positions historically reserved for whites.

For many, this was a good thing. But for the subset of white Americans who think that they rightfully deserve to have a higher status than racial minorities, it was unsettling: Were they falling behind? Was society becoming stacked against them? Had whites become victims?

For whites who are particularly eager to maintain the racial social order, the idea of anti-white bias is particularly alarming. It implies that the entire social system is unstable, and they are eager to restore it.

One way is through support for other white people who claim to be victims of racial discrimination. There’s a tendency to respond negatively to black people who claim to be victims of discrimination: People see them as complainers who use racism as an excuse for their shortcomings.

White people who support a racial hierarchy, on the other hand, respond relatively favorably to other white people who claim to be victims of anti-white bias – and say they’d be more willing to help those whites out. They also might respond by trying to minimize opportunities for other racial groups. For example, when white people think they’re being discriminated against, my collaborators and I found they’re less inclined to support affirmative action policies.

They say they’re also more willing to support policies that help white people, like efforts to address discrimination against whites. It goes without saying that in a country where racial educational, employment and wealth disparities persist, greater attention to bias against whites (and less to bias against racial minorities) would only exacerbate social inequality.

Holy crap! WARNING!!!

I just got dumber from reading this BS!

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: DarhkTruth

Talk about junk social "science".

The social preesure is rural aread having urban laws foisted on them. Urban lifestyles being forced into rural areas. Half the country lives outside urban centers....and the social pressure is this dynamic.

Race only plays in 2 ways: more white folks are rural and the media likes to hype race as part of their identity politics

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean
a reply to: LesMisanthrope
That is why we need to be careful what we say, even if we don't mean it.

If you would be a man, speak today what you think today in words as hard as cannon-balls, and tomorrow speak what tomorrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict everything you said today." Ralph Waldo Emerson - Self-Reliance

To hell with caution! Express yourself!

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

"White men are going to start fighting back against racism"

Sounds like the start of a white supremacist group. Listen, as long as white people are the vast majority of the population, you have nothing to worry about.

Alt-news hypes these anti-white extreme liberals out of proportion. They use every blogger and young college idiot to push their idea that an anti-white wave is spreading across the land.

It's not.. It's click bait alt-right outrage. Racism isn't okay , but white men getting upset that a small group is poking at their identity... Not a big deal..

edit on 2-6-2018 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

"White men are going to start fighting back against racism"

Sounds like the start of a white supremacist group. Listen, as long as white people are the vast majority of the population, you have nothing to worry about.

Alt-news hypes these anti-white extreme liberals out of proportion. They use every blogger and young college idiot to push their idea that an anti-white wave is spreading across the land.

It's not.. It's click bait alt-right outrage. Racism isn't okay , but white men getting upset that a small group is poking at their identity... Not a big deal..

Nope. if it's not acceptable to one side, it's not for the other. Good try though.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DarhkTruth

So black people can support policies for black people = empowerment
White people can support policies for black people = reparations
White people cannot support policies for white people = racist

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Long Live the Fighting Old Rich White Guys ! Hoorah !

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join