It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Digital license plates that change displays and track your car

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: RMFX1
We're already being tracked with our phones

I'm not being tracked by my phone. I don't own a cell-phone and never will. My telephone hangs on the wall, like everybody's used to do 20 years ago. I don't have a smart-TV, smart light bulbs, or smart anything. My car is over two decades old. And there are no electronics on my 1950 Chevy or 1976 Dodge. I don't need all that "modern" crap. Well, nobody actually needs it.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I am already looking for a classic car to drive so I can avoid all the advances in technology. I am constantly getting asked to upgrade to the latest vehicle and I keep telling them I want less technology not more.

I preferred my old 74 Firebird. I understood every system and could fix it as well. Now too many things are black boxes and hidden. Take me back to simpler days.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind

I'm not being tracked by my phone. I don't own a cell-phone and never will. My telephone hangs on the wall, like everybody's used to do 20 years ago. I don't have a smart-TV, smart light bulbs, or smart anything. My car is over two decades old. And there are no electronics on my 1950 Chevy or 1976 Dodge. I don't need all that "modern" crap. Well, nobody actually needs it.
Jesus christ man. Maybe you might want to reel in the paranoia and live a little. Sounds to me like you're condemning your own life to the past because you think that the big bad boogie man might come for you if you follow society into the future.

Technology is a good thing and can enhance your life. You're going to watch other people around you grow and leave you behind because you're scared that the government want to track and surveil you.

That's really sad.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

I guess someone will hack this for fun and wreak havok....lol

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
heres the big problem for me: someone hacks or has a friend that gets your home info etc...attached to the vehicle and then its open season on your house while they track your car real time.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I think about all those "Amber Alerts".
License plate says " Kidnapped Child Onboard"
Problem solved...

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind

Hades YEEEEAAAHHHHH

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

I just simply cannot see any abuse with this. Nope, none at all.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: RMFX1

You get one then, I would take a pass on this..and no, I dont have a smart phone.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

You can tracked using any phone. It does not have to be a smart phone and it does not need to have GPS.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: RMFX1

You get one then, I would take a pass on this..and no, I dont have a smart phone.

Alrighty then. If it becomes a state licensing requirement, I suppose we won't see you driving.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

The Bridge will be free soon.
Upside of the Gloucester route is a load of tidy Pubs though

edit on 31-5-2018 by Cymru because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

Haha yes mate

B-roads are the way forward if you want to sneak around undetected though, it's still possible, just takes longer on winding single lane roads lol

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

We should utilise the B Roads and arrange an ATS UK meet Mun.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

Haha yes!

I actually like turning my basic mobile phone off (£12 from Argos, just texts and makes calls) then driving on B roads into the moors knowing that 'the state' hasn't got a clue where I am. Childish maybe, but it makes camping feel more free if you know what I mean...I do tell friends where I am though, you know if emergencies or whatever.
Outside of major population centres it is pretty easy to disappear still on this island.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

All the Cops are where the money is, their isn't much profit on a B road.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Ain"t that the truth.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
All of this stuff that people THINK is "cool" and "trendy" will cause nothing but problems. Write that down in your little "black book" or whatever, but keep it in mind. Watch.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

That's a threat, but not as big as the obvious one.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join