It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At every previous cliff edge, London pulled back and bent to Brussels’ will

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: midicon

originally posted by: BelowLowAnnouncement

originally posted by: midicon

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: midicon

If you don't understand the immediate threats to your own country as a citizen of said country, why would you accept the threats to your country identified by an outsider posting on a forum?

I was making a valid point. I also don't have to accept your opinion on any perceived threat just as you might not accept mine. That's no big deal, conversation and different viewpoints are part of what this forum's all about.

So are you for dismantling all armies in Europe since you perceive no immediate threat right now? After all, with thinking like yours they are currently redundant.

I think we will always need our military for defence...alliances too. I asked if US subsidies were more about it's own interests.

I think you are correct about the mutually convenient arrangement with US bases on UK soil, no different to the US running their base on Diego Garcia (British territory) for strategic advantage.
It's definitely a two way street between the UK and the US, the rest of the EU though I wouldn't know.

EDIT
...or really care to be honest

edit on 30-5-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

I think it's time we learnt to dive for when the next cliff edge comes up!

The E.U. has become a complete nightmare and has lost it's way and needs massive changes if it wants to be close to being relevant.
edit on 30-5-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Haha no need to learn to dive, we're Brits, just do the classic 'bomb' into the water...

We'll be alright mate, we will survive and become stronger, we're Brits, it's what we do well.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Russia is happy to invade it's neighbors.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Russia is happy to invade it's neighbors.

Latvia and Lithuania are #ting it, so is Poland evidently by their new creation of a 50,000 strong citizen 'home guard'.
We're safe as houses here in Britain, as I said, half of the dirty money shifted out of Russia is in London these days, property, accounts etc. Putin is never gonna destroy his own assets.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Haha no need to learn to dive, we're Brits, just do the classic 'bomb' into the water...

We'll be alright mate, we will survive and become stronger, we're Brits, it's what we do well.

Yeah, we'll be fine I think as well mate. The diving metaphor was a bad attempt at humour, as it's getting to the point for Britian to start thinking of sticking 2 fingers up to the EU till they start being more cooperative.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Haha I did laugh mate, hence my thing about doing a 'bomb' into the water.
And I agree, I'd be playing hard ball with the EU now if I was in charge, the 'Commission' #ing hate us and are acting like petulant children now...I'd tell them to go # themselves and run with tariffs if need be. We'll pull it off whatever happens, they need us just as much as we need them.
...just a difficult divorce is all

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
It seems to me that the EU's approach is to weaken the UK and keep them subservient to Brussels. We'll see meddling with the Scottish nationalists who are being courted, and with Northern Ireland who is being played by the Republic with the threat of renewed violence if there's a border.

With friends like the EU, who needs enemies?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join