It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we now say MSM fake news is attempting to sway the 2018 midterm election

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+38 more 
posted on May, 29 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
So we know the story about how fake news cost Hillary the election.

Now that the list of the russian facebook posts is out, no one seems to be able to point to just which ones had such a huge impact. (was it the black lives matter supporting ones or the LGBT rights ones that stole the election for trump?)

But in general, I have seen people point to fake news of heinous allegations of abuse of kids as a big factor.

In particular, pizzagate was named.

Well this week we have seen msm contributors push two fake news stories about trump harming children.

the first was a photo of chained children supposedly from Trump policy of separating children, and they were furious at how horrible this was.

(thread here)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Only problem was those pictures had nothing to do with trump or any of his policies, they were instead taken in 2014. Who was president in 2014?

Oh thats right, the dems guy, Obama!

So predictably, the outrage quickly went away, and apparently those kids plight didnt matter anymore, because if Obama did it, he must have had a good reason!

The other case is even more incredible.

April ryan, part of the white house press pool (that feels sarah sanders gets "street" with her) and cnn contributor, decided to post

CNN contributor April Ryan is being criticized for alerting her 336,000 Twitter followers to a story in The Root that asks if the Trump administration is involved in child sex-trafficking.

www.foxnews.com...

Now lets remember the blow back pizzagate got from the MSM. They were disgusted that online conspiracy theorists were posting such heinous accusations.

People said this could have swayed the election, and we arent talking about powerful main stream media people pushing pizzagate, we are talking about online bloggers and message boards.

In fact, not one person in the white house press core or any msm outlet that I am aware of ever posted anything suggesting pizzagate was real. Quite the opposite really, it seemed to be near universally condemned.

Yet strangely, the reaction to Ms. Ryans statement, an actual msm personality claiming donald trump may be running a child sex trafficking ring, is far less severe.

I wonder why that is?

Could it be the same reason that the caged children pictures were a big deal when the thought it was trump, and then its not a big deal now that its proven to be under Obama?

Regardless, can we now say that much as how some in the anti trump crowd have blamed "fake news" for the results of the 2016 election, can we now blame the same type of fake news now being pushed by the msm for the results of the 2018 election?

Will there be congressional hearings on this fake news, or investigations?

Or is it just somehow magically russian fake news that is effective and must be investigated?

edit on 29-5-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Heaven forbid they stop. This way it will be business as usual. To wit, 'shocked at the results'.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

In fact, not one person in the white house press core or any msm outlet that I am aware of ever posted anything suggesting pizzagate was real. Quite the opposite really, it seemed to be near universally condemned.

Really....?

thehill.com...

+5 more 
posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
Don jr was not a member of the press that aI was aware of.

But regardless

Does that article say don jr promoted pizzagate?

Nope, he praised a story about susan rice.

But by your interpretation, that would mean anyone that now links to cnn or praises or cites a story they write must also be pushing the trump is involved in a child trafficking story, right?

+14 more 
posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

All I can say Grambler is that you post some of the most best threads on here. Thank you for bringing you unique ability to discern through the social engineers chaos to this wonderful forum!

The hypocrisy of the MSM and anyone who hoses to be “informed” through their propaganda is stunning.

For them to now be attempting to smear Trump as a enabler if child trafficking simply exposes how close the truth of Pedogate is to being dropped.

Justice is coming, the animals are backed in to a corner and desperate, as the logic of your thread details, the fake news networks are done.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   
It reminds me of the definition of insanity.
It is all coming out in the open though.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
LOL...Trump calling out FAKE NEWS right now at a live Nashville Rally.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Of course, that's without question.

I've long accepted the fact that the MSM will always be trying to pull one over Trump. They simply won't give it to him, why?

Purely ideological and self attribution bias based, these people won't quit. You have to fire them and silence them with bigger voices.

The sheep that follow will, willingly scream, "Bah", more for the sake of echo chamber street cred and the hubbub jig.

The premise of the thread shouldn't be, "Can we all acknowledge...", Rather, "Leftist, can you NOW see?".

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I think there will never be consequences for the circus acts popping up left and right.

People will never want to leave their gilded cages, whether Trump or Obama put them there.

The American people as a whole have had their mental faculties snared and sedated, and the American people are the only ones who have a claim for damages.

It's going to get more outrageous before it gets more reasonable.

edit on 29-5-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
You guys are just... Precious.

Just, so, precious.

It's like an aquarium around here, most of the time.

Just so precious.
edit on 29-5-2018 by Jefferton because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

Just, so, precious.

Just so precious.

Well at least we have you with your great contributions like this one!

Thank you so much for adding so much to the conversation, as always!

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Just, so, precious.

Just so precious.

You didn't have to say that.

You're welcome. You're . Welcome .

Great thread. As. Always.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
LOL...Trump calling out FAKE NEWS right now at a live Nashville Rally.

Wow Trump keeps comin to see me in Nashville!

He must love it here, lol.

+2 more 
posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Just, so, precious.

Just so precious.

Thanks I appreciate the kind words.

I feel I do a great job of pointing out hypocrisy from the anti trumpers and their msm mouthpieces.

I am glad you like the thread.

Maybe someday you can have something to say about the topic of the thread instead of just praising me.

Keep trying, you will get there someday!

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Just, so, precious.

Just so precious.

Thanks I appreciate the kind words.

I feel I do a great job of pointing out hypocrisy from the anti trumpers and their msm mouthpieces.

I am glad you like the thread.

Maybe someday you can have something to say about the topic of the thread instead of just praising me.

Keep trying, you will get there someday!

It's funny you mention hypocrisy. As a pro-Trumper.

Maybe someday you can find the irony.

Maybe someday.

It's easier for me, not being a slave of either side, to see the bigger picture. Calls it as I see's it.

Maybe you'll get there, when dealing with a less "giving" crowd for praise. Someday.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   

If a photo was from 2014, in, 2018, what could be done exactly?

There were photos from 9/11, if you see those photos today, what can you really do? Explain how it works. Let's get outraged at 9/11 in pictures?

Sure, the 'left' always seems to be praying for a faux pas in Trump's cabinet so they can pounce, but how would an outrage work against the past exactly.
They realized this wasn't happening now and moved onto the next scab to try to dig...

Over-sensationalizing and blowing out of proportion what the 'left' does, ironically is exactly what they try to do to the 'right'.

And around we go...

+1 more 
posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton
Yes I am such a hypocrite.

I have been called an anti trump shill for the many times I call him out. I was even accused of having to be looked at because I may have been bought off for calling out trump over syrian strikes.

But for pointing out the hypcorsisy of the msm and anti trumpers saying fake news cost hillary the election, when they are now doing the same thing,

and that warrant yous coming in mentioning I am a hypocrite, and implying people are just like an aquarium of fish.

All niceties aside, its clear you have nothing to add.

But thanks for proving it again.

+2 more 
posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   
They tried to do it in the 2016 election as well. They were calling Trump the next Hitler. It’s difficult to find one dictator they didn’t compare him with, and all before he even came to power to boot.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
MSM is TRYING to frame the Mid-Terms, and as usual, sabotaging their beloved Democrats in the process.

The more the MSM talks, the smaller the "Blue Wave" becomes. As of last week, Republicans had taken the lead over Republicans in early straw polls. In December 2017, Republicans were 17 points behind Democrats in those same polls.

+4 more 
posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Just, so, precious.

Just so precious.

Thank you for reminding the people that read this thread that the left cannot win a debate, so they attack the messenger. Then anyone that agrees with the messenger.

Thank you also for your tireless efforts to turn anyone remotely moderate to a Republican vote for the midterms on these and probably other forums.

I am beginning to think you are a Russian plant that the Trump campaign is colluding with...

edit on 29-5-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3 >>

join