It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Chinese AVIC bomber in the works

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Its a Chinese UCAV bomber, period.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapier28
Its a Chinese UCAV bomber, period.

Its just a render - and a poor one at that.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   
well I find it slightly disturbing that the plane looks to be somewhat stealthy. But with a sensory module(maybe?) housing that is round like that they might as well mount speakers to broadcast their comming.. I hope it's the artist that drew the picture who made a misstake, not the designer..

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Originally posted by emile
For this topic I have got a photo show some Chinese engineers were inspecting the Tu-160 bomber maybe to prove that China will improt or imitate it after which make a large military rehearse with Russia in second half of this year.

Firstly, there is nothing in that pic that suggest these engineers are Chinese. Secondly, Russia has a policy that it would not sell strategic weapons to China. This was affirmed by Putin himself during his visit to India last year. Thirdly, the comment about China buying T-22s (not Tu-160s) 'if they have the money' was made by an RuAF general in a press conference as a joke, and was admitted later as such.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
The whole concept looks preliminary, probably in the same stage as the J-12 or J-13.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
that bomber is not going to cause any problems for us navy US and China are the two biggest and most powerful armies in the world neither one want to start any kind of battle with the other, china has more man power but US has better technology and more experience at navy and air to air warfare,

true that is along range bomber but to do long range bombing you would have to have some support aircraft to cover it on long range bombing then you would have to have some refueling aircraft to refuel the support aircraft to support a long range bombing mission which would be met with stiff resistance By FA-18s and F-14s

A long range bombin run would not be successful on a US navy Carrier Group

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
F14's no more sadly. The F14 is obselete for current style of fighting but it would still be very handy if it still was a cold war style of fighting.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Yeah the F-14 is old but i wish i still had the website on my favorites But i think the F-14 would beat a mig-29 These Numbers come out of book called Modern military aircraft the F-14 uses AN/AWG9 weapons and control system Which can detect airborne Targets at 315 km or 195 miles and can track 24 targets, also the F-14 Carries the Aim 54 pheonix missile which has a long range, but im not sure how long of range so i wont post any numbers, to me thats pretty good for a plane that came out in the 1970s

Then Mig 29 which has some Great capabilities in manueverability, but The mig 29 Has a RP-29 pulse-doppler radar with capabilities to pick up Airborne Targets at 100 km or 62 miles,
Winning airwar is mainly about first look first shot advantage like the F22 has
The f-14 has a pretty good advantage over mig29 being the fact that the F-14 came out in the 1970s and mig 29 didnt show till Mid 1980s

Most air to air combat is not like it used to be over Korea where you had to pretty much get visual contact To down your enemy, Now In air to air combat the two pilots probably wont even see each other so its all who can see the other first on radar

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Someone please this.....

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
yeah ..what the hec is that2nd pic all about??
It definitely cannot be a production line!..
I see canards lying on the side waiting to be "attached" like lego pieces..!!

The craft is of the UAV size but its role as a omber (for that size) would be seriously undermined by the payload it would be able to carry!!..

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I have no Idea about both of those pictures. What are they? I haven't seen them on any Chinese Military Forums.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   
lets get down to the real question in that picture.

Why does that guy have a purse???
*he's busted*

nah, but seriously. I havn't seen those pics before either, i've looked around for them but havn't had any luck. I'd suggest: for the guy who posted the picture to go back yo the site he got them at and e-mail the web sites creator, and find out what he knows or where he got them.

I think there R/C planes, so they would have a pretty limited role.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Well i got it off a military forum site..... Here is the link
www.protonriver.com...

**LOL i just realized that guy had a purse LOL**

new topics

<< 1   >>

join