It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Chinese AVIC bomber in the works

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Set for 2012 Introduction

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
they keep on making new stuff.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
no you are wrong. this magazine we called 国际展望 it means international prospect which cover is show a surmised UCAV of china as U.S. boeing X-45 or Lockheed X-47 Pegasus.

could you tell me the full name of UCAV how to spell it?

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   
now, in our china, according to the newspaper, everyone who care the military all surmise the army will import Tu-26 or Su-32 after a very large rehearse that our china with russia jion it in the autumn of this year. i guess that army will evaluate these two tpye of aircraft above in this reheare.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   
So is it in development or flight test??? If its just a concept then 2012 is a pipe dream

[edit on 2/19/05 by FredT]

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
i am sure that it is developing with a model at least, even be going to enter a experienced plane maybe. i have seen its photo on BBS in china which uploaded by internat fans.

[edit on 19-2-2005 by emile]

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
THe point I was making is that magazines often post plenty of concepts but few ever make it to actuall production.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
THe point I was making is that magazines often post plenty of concepts but few ever make it to actuall production.

I agree. To me It just looks like a popular Science type of mag. I think its just another artist rendering...and nothing more will come of it.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Also, I wouldn't exactly call it a bomber. If the black shaded area in the front represents a cockpit and the ball in the front is a ISR turret, this thing is PUNY. I'd put it more in the light attack category. Maybe they meant you drop IT from a bomber and it does the attack mission

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   
i just explain that the letters on cover of mag what introduce is it. the plane showed on pic like bomber more than another, but i do consider a long range bomber won't be so small that only has a small air-intake with too large cockpit which seems a mantle of Rar-Ele system.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I don't think that is a cockpit to be honest, it reminds me of the front end of the Predator or similar. I think its a UCAV concept.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
I don't think that is a cockpit to be honest, it reminds me of the front end of the Predator or similar. I think its a UCAV concept.

yeah...just thinking the same thing...since everyone assumes its manned.

The Predator & Global Hawk have that "bump" on the top, for the satellite dish. Also as long as it isn't built for secret spy mission then they could change its color to what ever they want just to help signify where its at. Or "mix and match" parts, like for instance: you have 2 Gloabal Hawk and one has enigne problems so its down, while the other is fine but a bird strike cracks it so they might use the one from the one on the ground since it isn't using it.

I think it looks most like the Global Hawk or Predator B, but its differences are for pupose...It has a delta wing config for speed, unlike Global Hawk which has long wings for slower speeds and better endurance. Also its obviously unmanned because it has that little pod below it, for the cameras and whatnot. So I would say its a supersonic UCAV.

[edit on 20-2-2005 by Murcielago]

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   
For this topic I have got a photo show some Chinese engineers were inspecting the Tu-160 bomber maybe to prove that China will improt or imitate it after which make a large military rehearse with Russia in second half of this year. Of course, if be limited in some treaty, Russia may find hard to export a Tu-160 or tech of it, but Russia do has right to export Tu-26 bomber that is as similar as Tu-160. The U.S. navy in the Guam are going to get some big big troubles. Someone here said Chinese be able to copy only, I see that only this abililty do be going to some big troubles to U.S. navy.

I have never thought China will make longe range bomber by themselves, just copy, that is cheap enough and convenient enough.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I never realized how massive that plane was.

However, just cause a few of those guys look slightly Asian...does that mean that the Chinese government is inspecting our Tu bomber to make one of their own?

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Lets assume for entertainment value that this is past the pipedream stage:

I think the artist rendition show the concept of an attack drone with stealth capacity, somebody mentioned the wing confiiguration for speed, also I see the internal bay for the payload munitions, this indicates they want to have something that sneaks up fast behind your back and start shooting at ya.

The bombdropping as pictured could be deceiving , it could well be they would like to operate some of them with an air to air missile to try to have a small vehicle (by eliminating the pilot) with a suffient low detectable cross section to take away the see-first-shoot-first advantage of the F-22

That would level the playfield at halve the price Actually the F-22 could be one of the last and best (irony) manned dogfighters, before superior drones start taking over airspace.

[edit on 28-2-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Lucretius - you said its introduction is set for 2012.....Does that mean testing begins then, or it will go operational then?

Do you have any other info on this other then 1 artist rendering, i cant find any info on it.

I believe 2012 is the same year that the USAF plannes on having operational UCAVS...Like the X-45C. (yes, the Predator is a UCAV, but i am refering to its main objective, and the Predators main objective is still recon)

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Its Unmanned...

The direct chinese heading roughly translates to

"foreign (sic defence) media speculation over unmanned chinese figher"

[edit on 28-2-2005 by rapier28]

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 06:04 AM
link   
F10 is PLA's future, we can not defend ourselves by Russian plane.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Yes those guys might not be chinese (unless the site that was picked from certifies that)..They might be Indian for all you know..After all the IAF has just finalised a deal fro 4 tu-22m backfire bombers..

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Oh well, our new fighter bomber is in the works and should be deployed in five years. We will sign for 40 backfires this year in two separate batches.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join