It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MGTOW - Men Going Their Own Way, Thanks Feminism

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

replace vanilla with simple

I like to seek deeper understandings which is how I ended up on this board in the first place, simple analysis doesn't cut it in my world
edit on 1-6-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Same for me if 'vanilla' is some lame race thing?

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

I think its a problem with two major aspects:

The first is the drive to eliminate anything like "best friends." Silly ideology, in my opinion, but with serious consequences as it takes root. Inclusivity and diversity are good things, but not when they require complete and total conversion and adherence to a single ideology.

The other is the seeming total lack of ability to interact with others who do think differently. I actually view that inherent diversity as one of the greatest strengths of our species, but only if we have an effective approach. We can actually figure out that its an elephant in that cave (Plato), if we combine what we see into a cohesive puzzle. Obviously, we don't do that. We argue who is right under the premise that we have the full picture and that everyone else is simply wrong.

I'm a massive advocate of decentralization coupled with more discourse with those that see things differently. Its cliche, but each and every one of us sees things differently from the get-go. Regardless of the manufactured illusions resulting from things like identity politics. The desire to "convert nonbelievers" is absolutely not exclusive to religion, and can be manipulated to an extreme degree.

That's the problem with topics like this.. we have lost what little ability we had to constructively interact with each other. Instead of even considering that there might be legitimate grievances, we frame it so its impossible for legitimacy to exist in the opposition at all.

I can't honestly call myself a MGTOW (or HGTOW, if one prefers), but I do believe its indicative of some really serious issues in our culture and society in general. Issues that will have horrible impact as our tools grow ever more advanced.

Overall, I truly believe that this is all part of the greatest, most severe problem we may ever face: how to constructively interact with people who are different from us. At a certain point, our cultural and social immaturity will collide with advancing technology and the results may be literally apocalyptic.

Its.. sad.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

I hear you loud and clear. I am not ignorant enough to suggest that humans don't have group preferences, especially for people who think along the same lines. That does not mean that humans in that group, together under a similar ideologies, are unable to interact with others who think differently than themselves. I would put that solely under what type of ideology the group itself adheres to.

Say for example you could have a group of like minded progressive/SJW people that would clash violently with others who don't think like them. Or you could have a group of buddhists that would exist in harmony regardless of their surroundings.

It all comes down to the individual. Prejudices and stereotypes help start a certain point, but they should not be concrete. The individual should always be judged on their own merits. I just tend to disagree, that different groups living in the same space with different ideologies will form a less hospitable environment, especially if they have no intention of integration.

Edit to add:
I kind of wish I viewed this with the same apprehension that you do. I think the end result will be glorious. 50/50 relationships with equality of opportunity and equality of outcome that is completely free of gender consideration. We are far from that now. I think it is hilarious at the group claiming the lesser percentage in today's world. Just as they laugh at me.

Time will tell. It will be fun to see if this movement continues to grow. If we stop now, we will have learned nothing. Or there is the possibility that some new awesome group springs up and starts its own movement.
edit on 1-6-2018 by ClovenSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: kerrichin

yu really do have a hostile thing about women.

Towards specific types of women, absolutely.

you seem to be making out all women are sluts evila nd bad in general where men are all roses and gentlemanly glory being held down by those pesky females.

Plenty of guys are assholes. Most women are sluts. I work out regularly and it's not hard to get a woman to drop her trousers. Buddies in finance and tech who do the online dating thing tend to get told, "I want to wait, I really want to have a relationship with you." Women just aren't that into them for anything more than their credit card so they drag it out (vidproof's in the pudding).

times change in the past women werent allowed bank accounts, to own a house, or contraceptives, were sent to laundries to be worked to death for having sex out of wedlock, being raped or just becuase they are pretty and thats just 20-50 years ago, go further back and women would be put in asylums if there husbands didnt want to be married the would be beaten as long as the stick wasnt bigger than her husbands thumb,

I am all for first, second, and even a large part of third wave feminism. Post third wave feminism can piss right off with its misandry nonsense with its light patina of polyamory and weird gender queer wtfever perversions.

she had no right to her own children

Because single mothers are doing such a great job, right?

Don't conflate this to mean I somehow think single mothers are somehow horrible people. I grew up with a single mother and love her to death- anyone who wants to tell her what she can and can't do can f* right the hell off. However the statistics are sobering and any sane person realizes children are better off with both parents.

go further back they were exchanged for money burnt alove for thinking for themselves or just because and thankfully we are out of that.

Hear hear, no disagreement, the world is a better place. Goes to show modern feminists complaining about how oppressed they are are full of it.

personally i think you might need help your way to hostile towards women. your border line scary in how you seem to really hate women

Women are people. However, they are dramatically different animals from men. Seriously watch this series of videos to see how much you differ (or are similar) to the ladies in the interviews. Be honest with yourself.

The Redpill Interviews

There are a handful of women who wholeheartedly support the MGTOW community because they understand it's a backlash against the new legal precedents and the new form of inequality that has emerged with modern feminism (again the old feminist movements supporting women's right to vote, to work, having the same rights as men- I am all for it).

Forcing men to have to pay alimony when a woman put a pin prick in a condom? Bull#. Financial abortion is going to happen at some point and it can't get here soon enough. Making a man give up half his assets after a year of marriage? Outright theft. Sometimes even 30 years after the fact! It's a brazen attempt to fleece men of their resources.

If a woman sleeps around she doesnt kill or hurt anyone (as long as she up front and honest thats all she wants) its her choice like the man she slept with, historically and even today men are seen as studs for sleeping around.
generally women either want relationships or not and are very open about it just like men.

Sure, I sleep with lots of women. I would never marry any of them. In fact the easier she is to bed the quicker I throw her to the curb. Half the time they get upset and wonder why I don't want them around. They don't realize they decrease their value as a partner by being sluts.

The data from the National Survey of Family Growth published by the CDC from 2002-2013 shows the chances of divorce after five years of marriage increases based on having more partners (men and women who have had more than 10 sexual partners saw their marriages dissolve within five years almost 33 percent of the time as compared to near 5 percent levels for people who have one partner). This trend has accelerated decade by decade starting from the 1980s.

Not to mention STIs are on the increase largely due to sex positive culture.

STDs are at record highs and the CDC is urging that it requires "urgent need for prevention." In fact, "More than two million cases of chlamydia, gonorrhea and syphilis were reported in the United States in 2016, the highest number ever, according to the annual Sexually Transmitted Disease Surveillance Report released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)." The numbers aren't getting any better either in major metropolitan centers. The number of cases of sexually transmitted diseases in California reached a record high last year and officials are particularly concerned by a spike in stillbirths due to congenital syphilis.

Any chick who sleeps with over 15 to 30 guys tends to be emotionally damaged. It's funny hearing the question, "Is a woman who's slept with 50 or 100 men a bad person?" Any normal guy is gonna say...

The only appropriate reaction to the question is: "Bad? More why? No one wants a serious relationship with the town bicycle."

For good reason too...

i have yet to meet a woman whos used a man for his sperm so she can use him for money, only time ive seen this is in fictional tv shows, i think its rarer than its made out, in fact i hear more about men abandoning women who have got pregnant

Had an aunt who did that to rope her MM (married man) affair partner into a financial commitment. Sure men abandon women and they are scum. Any guy who'd leave a woman behind who he married, who he committed to be with and help through better or worse, is a piece of # in my book. However, men are being taken advantage of at this point and it's better to treat women like disposable sex dolls.
edit on 1-6-2018 by Mishmashum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Refusing to participate in a garbage culture is the only way

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

I would hate your world then, give me Britain outside of cities anyday.

Most of America isn't that bad. The truth is, if you open up with some trust first, most people will reciprocate. I think that's pretty universal.
edit on 1-6-2018 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

I would hate your world then, give me Britain outside of cities anyday.

Most of America isn't that bad. The truth is, if you open up with some trust first, most people will reciprocate. I think that's pretty universal.

Most people have no idea how nasty it has gotten even out in the Bible Belt where traditional culture still has a little bit of a hold on American society.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Hikikomori is a very different problem. removing yourself from society, not working and never getting out of your room is very diffferent than giving up on dating women

originally posted by: Mishmashum

a reply to: Mishmashum

Lol, describe a blue pill simp???!!!

Women are dramatically different creatures from men. They do not love men, they love their children, they act as chameleons and leech. You're a fool bud. And when you fall down it's gonna be a sad day but we'll raise a glass for you even though you are as stupid as a brick.

and if you are attacking England then you can # off because the MGTOW movement is mostly the US

Check the laws in your country before you make an even bigger fool of yourself. And the movement is global, look up Hikikomori.

Sad to see England become such a cucked s#1t hole.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarriorMH
Hikikomori is a very different problem. removing yourself from society, not working and never getting out of your room is very diffferent than giving up on dating women

My team is based out of Japan. I interact with a lot of people in New York, California, London, and other sectors that have high volume trading desks. The number of MGTOW guys checking out is increasing. Most of them are sick of everything to do with our culture and they don't want to contribute any taxes to what they feel is a morally bankrupt country that pays women for having more children and living off the government dole. I'm more center left, but these these guys are hard right and they are done. Once they get to their magic number they are gone.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I kept trying to figure out what "Max Gross Take Off Weight" had to do with feminism ...

Pshew... Got it now. Carry on.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Most people have no idea how nasty it has gotten even out in the Bible Belt where traditional culture still has a little bit of a hold on American society.

TwoXChromosones is 100% worse than what you just posted. That said, most people are not that bad. I think the problem is one of independence myself.

People like to cohabitate. In my ideal relationship I would have my life, my SO would have theirs, and we would go visit each other or go out and have a good time. Then go back to our own homes, and our own lives, where we support ourselves. That keeps the power balance equal, and lots of these issues stem from an inequality on that axis.
edit on 1-6-2018 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

TwoXChromosones is 100% worse than what you just posted. That said, most people are not that bad. I think the problem is one of independence myself.

Funny I usually don't take too much issue with TwoXChromosones even though the /r/MGTOW guys and /r/braincels dudes flip out over every little thing. Women have rich emotional lives and they are allowed to express how they are feelings. Where it becomes a problem is when women flip the switch and go into killer instinct mode and just start destroying the men who helped build them up for no real reason other than their brain chemistry went whacko.

People like to cohabitate. In my ideal relationship I would have my life, my SO would have theirs, and we would go visit each other or go out and have a good time. Then go back to our own homes, and our own lives, where we support ourselves. That keeps the power balance equal, and lots of these issues stem from an inequality on that axis.

Tried that, still doesn't work. Actually that tends to make things worse because the woman feels like she's being relegated to a lower position on the totem pole in your life. More often than not they get angry and cheat or start acting sleazy till they get what they want. There are real solutions to all this, but they are political and the MRA is going to have a major fight on their hands with feminist groups. I am related by family, funny enough, to the biggest donator to the HRC campaign and have front row seats to how groups like the Center for American Progress are amping things up. The whole thing is going to blow up into a huge #ing culture war and everyone's going to be miserable. Women are going to be more stressed than ever as they try to have kids later in life. And guys are just going to get more jaded as they see the Disney fairy tale story of women being perfect pure delicate brides as being complete BS.

To me the whole thing looks like John Callhoun's mouse utopia experiment.

Anyhow wishing you luck bud with the dream, hope it works out for you.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Mishmashum

yesss!!

I made this thread with the rat utopia experiments in mind

this is called the beautiful sink phase of the experiment kudos

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Sure, I sleep with lots of women. I would never marry any of them. In fact the easier she is to bed the quicker I throw her to the curb...... it's better to treat women like disposable sex dolls.

... uh... maybe you are not the best spokesman for the MGTOW movement.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Sure, I sleep with lots of women. I would never marry any of them. In fact the easier she is to bed the quicker I throw her to the curb...... it's better to treat women like disposable sex dolls.

originally posted by: starviego
... uh... maybe you are not the best spokesman for the MGTOW movement.

Perhaps you should say what you think MGTOW is all about?

Have you bothered to check any of the boards to see how diverse it is?

Probably about a third of the guys do short term dating and hookups, but please enlighten us. What's a true MGTOW?

This should be fun.

Some homework to help you out.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 01:29 AM
link   

I've had women try to get pregnant with me just for my genes having nothing to do with a relationship and a family. Just wanting to get my genes in their kids so they can have a good looking athletic kid.

So what do you think of this particular line of the OP?

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
I came across the MTGOW movement watching an incel video on Youtube, now I get these damn videos recommended to me all the time, although I did find one pretty hilarious channel on there now so there's that.

Let me start by saying that I would be considered a Chad by the incel community. I'm a former professional athlete and very good looking. I'm not trying to brag but I'm just giving some context for later in the OP.

MGTOW mean - Men Going Their Own way

Wiki on it

Men Going Their Own Way (MGTOW /ˈmɪɡtaʊ/) is a mostly pseudonymous online community[2][3] of men supported by websites and social media presences[4] cautioning men against serious romantic relationships with women, especially marriage.[5][6] The community is part of what is more broadly termed the manosphere.[7] MGTOW have "...vowed to stay away from women, stop dating and not have children".[8] MGTOW focus on men's self-ownership rather than changing the status quo through activism and protest, making MGTOW distinct from the men's rights movement.[9]

This is a brief synopsis of the "movement".

According to the columnist Martin Daubney, members of the MGTOW community believe that legal and romantic entanglements with women fail a cost–benefit analysis and risk–benefit analysis.[14] Jeremy Nicholson, writing for Psychology Today, similarly described MGTOW as "guys who have been frustrated and punished to the point that they see no further incentive to relate [to dating] [...], they focus on making themselves happy".[15]

I totally agree with this assertion. Every man I know at my age (33) that has been married or had a child has had their lives ripped apart. Literally every one of them. I've lost several friends to super controlling wives as well. Everyone else I know has either been totally axed out of their children's life or had their lives destroyed through alimony and child support. I believe in child support but the way the court system works it can totally screw you out of your job.

Now here is a channel I discovered the other day while looking into all this. It's pretty funny actually, I don't really totally agree with everything he has to say but I find it funny. If you don't have a sense of humor or are a 3rd wave feminist/ SJW don't watch those video's without your blankie or away from your cry closet.

Now, let me relay my dating experience as an older Millennial.

First off, you can't trust a single person on this planet. I'm scared to death of having a kid in today's world. There no more traditional family values, no loyalty, no trust and no commitment. I've had women try to get pregnant with me just for my genes having nothing to do with a relationship and a family. Just wanting to get my genes in their kids so they can have a good looking athletic kid.

That's not even a joke. I find it disgusting. Major turn off.

Secondly I'm scared to death of not being able to raise my kid and have my life ruined by the court system. A buddy of mine has an insane crazy person as an ex wife he has to pay for and has to raise his son living with his parents because he can't afford to support himself anymore with all the payments for everything. Total disgrace, he's a good father too. That's not it either, the mother goes out of her way file false reports with child care that force him to have to go take a pee test every single time she files a report that he's using drugs. That means he is risking losing his job to show up and pass a drug test every few days.

That's not it either. I can't tell you how many women have multiple kids and some of them multiple men. I go for women between the ages of 25 - 36, 37. Older women yea expect them to have kids I get it the clock is ticking it make sense and I can understand mom's not wanting to miss that clock it totally makes sense.

I would also like to point out that I have a few friends, 4-5 people that are really really good guys, I mean the type of guys who would make great fathers and family men. They may as well join the incel community. I don't consider myself as part of this group because I have a loud boisterous alpha male personality and just don't fit into the traditional nice guy stereotype like these friends I'm speaking of. These guys NEVER meet women, haven't had girlfriends in years. I don't get it. When I hear women talking about, "where have all the good guys gone?" I kinda want give them one of their numbers and say, "see how many sentences you listen to before ghosting them".

What scares me though is how little I talk to these women and the men are fathering their children. Don't get me wrong a good % of these men are total losers who are incapable of fathering their children. Total losers. But that then leads me to the questions of what was their motivation for having kids with these losers in the first place???

So anyway I decided to take a break from the dating scene for a while because I'm just to busy with school and work and I plan on moving in 8 months. I'm also scared to death of accidentally getting a woman pregnant.

I don't think this is entirely women's fault either, I think that our culture is producing this paradigm.

How are you a millennial at age 33?

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: BeenieWeenie
How are you a millennial at age 33?

Millennials cover the group between graduated high school in 2000 up to born in 2000. Or another way, were kids in both millenniums. Basically, that's currently 18 to 36 year olds.
edit on 2-6-2018 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join