It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MGTOW - Men Going Their Own Way, Thanks Feminism

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Many woman have trouble with men being the problem in the past. Maybe it's all just screwed up now in the later generations. more of the good and bad apples situation.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

a female friend of mine got so fed up with dating in the US that she found someone overseas.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

oh please relax, so what I know women find me physically attractive get over it.. it doesn't make me a narcissist I know where I'm coming from

if confidence is so abhorrent maybe you need to look in the mirror

pretty visceral reaction, guess this is an emotional topic for you

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Is a woman's physical looks at the top of your requirement list for a woman being acceptable in a relationship?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

not even close, at 25 yes now I don't even find someone attractive until I get to know them better, that's on a personal level

but I see the breakdown of relationships and family happening on mass scale, I've lived in rich and poor areas nationwide over the period of 10 years

the family has almost totally been broken down, this signifies a much larger cultural issue and it's a topic that needs to be discussed

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: GuidedKill

oh please relax, so what I know women find me physically attractive get over it.. it doesn't make me a narcissist I know where I'm coming from

if confidence is so abhorrent maybe you need to look in the mirror

pretty visceral reaction, guess this is an emotional topic for you

Confidence is a stain I can’t wipe off. Been alpha all my life. My wife says to alpha sometimes but she loves it so who cares.

But I don’t go around telling everyone how hot I am, and I have never framed it any way in a OP. But hey what ever floats your boat pretty boy.

If me pointing out how quickly you attempted to separate yourself from the incels you would later say you relate to most likely means you’re an incel your self was a visceral response for you. Well then so be it.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Is a woman's physical looks at the top of your requirement list for a woman being acceptable in a relationship?

Could you not tell the depth of this pool in the first sentence?

Soooo hot....

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   

You did nt ask me me but I wanted to answer. Sexual attraction is always foremost in nature. I had met decent men but was not sexually attracted to them. They became friends. I knew they wanted more and it was difficult relaying NO. They were more than awesome else wise, but I knew if I was not sexually attracted with all those brain chemicals flowing...in a few short years a relationship ending would be painful or be a lie.

link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

Could you not tell the depth of this pool in the first sentence?

Soooo hot....

really bugs ya huh? sorry bud, it's a fact you may not like that I stated it but it's the truth, anyone who's physically attractive knows it, not all of us know how much of a blessing it truly is and how lucky we are

link   

Total losers. But that then leads me to the questions of what was their motivation for having kids with these losers in the first place???

just curious here, but do you ask the same thing about the men who decide it's a great idea to lay their sperm so carelessly also. Sorry, I am old school here, but from what I read about this MGTOW Movement, there seems to be a divide within it with some believing that to be true to the movement, one should refrain from sex, while others don't seem to have a problem with having the sex, they just don't want any kind of close relationship with the women.
Don't know which side of the barrel you would fall on, but got to tell you, if it's the latter, you are setting yourself up for a rough life!! I can see how someone could screw up believing that a relationship with someone will lead to a happy married life and finding themselves a soon to be parent. sometimes crap just happens... but to risk creating that little bundle of joy when you already know or suspect that there won't be a long lasting relationship between yous... that's just plain stupidity!! but like I said, I am old school... so my values are probably a little outdated.
but, your title does seem to imply that it's feminism that is to blame for the mess... and I tend to disagree with that.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

not even close, at 25 yes now I don't even find someone attractive until I get to know them better, that's on a personal level

I've searched far, wide, high, low. I've tried making connections while leaving looks at the door. I've given people the benefit of the doubt.

It just doesn't work.

People, I think, already have this Disney fairy tale idea of what their life and relationship should be like. Any deviation from their fantasy means it's not worth exploring.

But since it's a long time coming trying to fulfill their Disney delusions, might as well find a sturdy walking talking ATM machine as a placeholder.

edit on 29-5-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

You'd be surprised at the amount of boys out here sticking their chest's out pretending to be men that wouldn't know how to treat a woman if their lives depended on it.

Exactly. They don't know a single thing about romance and clearly don't care enough to learn. Skim through some of that incel crap and most come off as misogynists, chauvinists, and overall fools who think they're entitled to women's bodies, women's labor, and women's attention.

link   
a reply to: dawnstar

there seems to be a divide within it with some believing that to be true to the movement, one should refrain from sex, while others don't seem to have a problem with having the sex, they just don't want any kind of close relationship with the women.

I didn't dig that deep into it to be honest, I didn't know that

I agree though that men need to be more careful, I'm personally saving money to move right now because I'm working on a major IT certification and getting in a relationship would be very detrimental to that certification, I really don't have the time and why would I start a relationship with someone when I'm getting ready to move in a few months?

at 33 I've been single for a few years now and as I get older having a hookup has become far less important, at this point I would like to have a relationship where getting to know the person rather than just screwing them has become more important

I actually know a woman who I would say I've been getting pretty close to but she doesn't live by me right now and I don't think long distance relationships work

but to risk creating that little bundle of joy when you already know or suspect that there won't be a long lasting relationship between yous...

I just want to reiterate that I'm not really MTGOW but I see where they are coming from in certain ways, I'm personally wanting to have a family so my current objective is to find someone who wants a family not a f***

link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

You did nt ask me me but I wanted to answer. Sexual attraction is always foremost in nature. I had met decent men but was not sexually attracted to them. They became friends. I knew they wanted more and it was difficult relaying NO. They were more than awesome else wise, but I knew if I was not sexually attracted with all those brain chemicals flowing...in a few short years a relationship ending would be painful or be a lie.

And down the road, only or mostly sexual attraction may destroy the relationship. A relationship is much more than sex.

link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

You seem to like yourself a lot... maybe you are made for each other?

Men and women both have unreasonable expectations these days. Maybe you’re not as hot stuff as you think you are and just need to lower your standards. Maybe the women out there need to do the same.

Maybe everyone is just crazy who knows. Like I tell me friends... all men are assholes and all women are crazy. You just have to find your crazy asshole is all.

Ummm...what it all boils down to is trust...I've learned a very valuable lesson...to not trust anyone...
I will never again let anyone into my personal space...I'm done with expectations of reciprocity that fails the test...

Am I happy about that decision...no...It's just that weighing the benefits versus the cons...the benefit has always been wanting...
I suppose I could be sad about such a decision...but I refuse to follow that particular path...I stay grounded...and positive...

Do I miss the interaction...certainly...I miss being in love and think about it often...but time flees down it's one way track and I have become comfortable just being along for the ride...

If I were to be honest...fear is a big part of it...I thought I had a chance not so long ago...I wrote about some of it here in my
threads...it was a heady time but I missed that brass ring and fell short of expectation...

It's all good...every moment is a learning experience...we can either grow from them or let them ruin a perfectly good day...I choose to have perfectly good days...alone in a crowd...yes...but I find happiness in other things and am glad to experience what I can of life...cherish it for the miracle it is...

YouSir

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Always someone else’s fault...

Personal responsibility is lacking these days.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

And down the road, only or mostly sexual attraction may destroy the relationship. A relationship is much more than sex.

true, we are human... nature always wins

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

it's very hard to trust ANYBODY and I mean anybody these days... I've narrowed my male friends down to less than a handful that I seriously spend any time with

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Women don't need men.

If a woman wants to have a baby without a man, she just needs to secure sperm (fresh or frozen) from a donor (living or dead). The only technology the self-impregnating woman needs is a straw or turkey baster, and the basic technique hasn’t changed much since Talmudic scholars debated the religious implications of insemination without sex in the fifth century. If all the men on earth died tonight, the species could continue on frozen sperm. If the women disappear, it’s extinction. mercecardus.com...

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

a reply to: YouSir

it's very hard to trust ANYBODY and I mean anybody these days... I've narrowed my male friends down to less than a handful that I seriously spend any time with

That may just be called your dating pool...

Like one poster said MGTOW does have a homosexual undertone to it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join