It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bethesda Teasing Fallout Game

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Great point, I would love to see how that would cause a split in the opinions of the game community though especially if Bethesda then charge for it.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I do understand the worries about an online Fallout game though, if they try to make it more like Overwatch or Fortnite I'll be very angry. The only way I think it'll really work is if they make it more like Rust and have advanced building mechanics, even whole settlement building mechanics so you have to build/repair entire towns and defend them from other groups of players or clans. It would also need to have a persistent world where you find loot and take it back to your base for storage. Quick shooter matches would not work but I'm a little worried they may try that.
edit on 29/5/2018 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

What a toxic nightmare that'll be.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

It may be good, it may be bad, it may or may not exist. But whatever it is, I'm a sucker, and I'll probably buy it. I have Mass Effect: Andromeda, after all. Yarg. But gamers gonna game, and favorite franchises can last forever. So Fallout gonna fall, and we might like it, and we might not... but we'll play it. Sigh.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Probably Fallout Shelter 2.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Please let it not be a remaster. I'm just as tired of the remasters as I am of the online versions of games. I have loved the Elder Scrolls series (although they need to up their game on combat physics and mechanics... which I think they will now that Dark Souls has gotten much less niche and Witcher did so well), but Elder Scrolls online... no. I had zero interest.

Fallout 4 was less than 3 years ago so I'd be surprised if it's that? Hmmmm. I don't know.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indrasweb
That all being said, what about this new space RPG that's been banded about?

I would be so into a solid space RPG. There really haven't been any that have blown me away.
That said I have high hopes for Cyberpunk 2077. CD Projekt Red has been doing it right.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

edit on 29-5-2018 by okrian because: double post

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Bethesda has allegedly commissioned to do a game called "Starfield" . It takes a Fallout approach , yet in space. However , rumor has it it will not come out until 2020 (a Mass Effect style ? )
Bethesda may also announce a rework of Fallout 3 in a fashion of Oldrim vs Skyrim SE . A remastered edition.

ETA - Forgot about Elder Scrolls 6

Per Todd Howard , Elder Scrolls 6 and "2 other projects" are in the works.

I cant wait for all 3

edit on 5/29/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Going back to Washington DC needn't be a remake, when vice city stories came out for the PS2 that wasn't a remake it was just the same map a few years later.

Personally I'm hoping the next one will be a revisit of the West coast or a new region of the US entirely... The fallout tactics game was based around Detroit I think it was, it left a lot in regards to storyline progression.

If they do a remake I want to fight the Master again, hell redo the full series... Just let someone other than Bethesda do the craic and storyline. FO4 was a great game but left A LOT to be desired.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

New Vegas was an amazing game, I've heard FO4 lovers claim it's a terrible game... It's like they don't even know what the fallout universe is all about.

Home on the wastes

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   
My wager is on a MMO. Given what we've seen from the creation club, they seem to like the steady pay model for less than stellar content. I mean who plays an unmodded Bethesda title? They know this and want a piece of that pie.

On the other hand, I'm hoping for a remastered FO3. Would like to see the Capital wasteland updated and some settlement building. They could do the whole creation club thing again here too and milk that engine even more.

Highly doubtful of anything like new engine or FO5.

Just my two caps on the matter.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   
The rumor is they are releasing a FO MMO.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
Fallout Online...
Please be true.

No......just no. There is enough MMO games out there.

For those that want single player experiences I don't want to see another franchisee taken away from us.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   
What about a remaster of fallout 1? I would love to see vault 13 and shady sands in hi def 3d.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Fallout 76

A new title!

edit on 30-5-2018 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Well I don't think anyone really predicted this:

This "new direction" they've taken the Fallout series remains to be seen though.

Edit: I'm still really hoping for a FO3 remake though, I'd be disappointed if the fan remake was cancelled for no good reason.
edit on 30/5/2018 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Well apparently it still could be an online game according to Kotaku: kotaku.com...

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

It's possible I suppose.

ETA: So in the trailer, the announcement is made that it will be up to the dwellers to rebuild. Could be a rebuilding of the commonwealth by a massive amount of players...all role playing!

just a thought.

More to add. Maybe co-op survival, base building. Something like Rust.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

It's possible I suppose.

ETA: So in the trailer, the announcement is made that it will be up to the dwellers to rebuild. Could be a rebuilding of the commonwealth by a massive amount of players...all role playing!

just a thought.

More to add. Maybe co-op survival, base building. Something like Rust.

Well ZeniMax is listed in the copyrights at the end of the trailer which is a very strong indication the game has some sort of online mode at the very least. Could be co-op but I don't really see why ZeniMax would be involved in that case. Edit: apparently ZeniMax own Bethesda or something so I'm wrong, I thought they were just a developer like Id and they created TeS online but that's not the case. I was thinking of ZeniMax Online Studios.
edit on 30/5/2018 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join