It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Roseanne' Canceled at ABC Following Racist Tweet

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Honestly, do you think Rosanne was comparing Jarrett to monkeys?

Yes. Honestly, how can you argue that she wasn't?

Because planet of the apes is a piece of fiction with humans wearing costumes and makeup.

By that logic Roseanne could have been saying that Valerie Jarrett is a fiction.

By your logic you could say the characters in planet of the apes are played by monkeys.

Uh the story is about apes.

Who speak English, ride horses, and shoot guns.

Correct. Humans are in it as well. Maybe Roseanne was comparing VJ to one of those humans?

Apes are not in it, is the point.

The movie? Yes, Sherlock. The story is the point. Seems you are getting desperate by telling us the obvious.

The obvious thing is she wasn’t comparing Jarrett to apes or monkeys, or she would have done so.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Because planet of the apes is a piece of fiction with humans wearing costumes and makeup.

By that logic Roseanne could have been saying that Valerie Jarrett is a fiction.

By your logic you could say the characters in planet of the apes are played by monkeys.

Correct. Humans are in it as well. Maybe Roseanne was comparing VJ to one of those humans?

The movie? Yes, Sherlock. The story is the point. Seems you are getting desperate by telling us the obvious.

The obvious thing is she wasn’t comparing Jarrett to apes or monkeys, or she would have done so.

She might have not compared her to apes or monkeys because the movie is not real? Wow. Stretch much?

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

She might have not compared her to apes or monkeys because the movie is not real? Wow. Stretch much?

No, I said if she was comparing Jarrett to apes and monkey should would have done so. When I say you look like Mog from Spaceballs I’m not saying you look like a dog.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

No, I said if she was comparing Jarrett to apes and monkey should would have done so. When I say you look like Mog from Spaceballs I’m not saying you look like a dog.

Uh but that's what it seem like she was doing! "Planet of the Apes". BTW if you said I look like Mog I would have laughed.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Uh but that's what it seem like she was doing! "Planet of the Apes". BTW if you said I look like Mog I would have laughed.

I hope if that if I called you Mog, you wouldn’t infer I was comparing you to dogs.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I hope if that if I called you Mog, you wouldn’t infer I was comparing you to dogs.

I'd bark in response.

Since you are a literalist, I'd compare you to Drax, the alien who can't understand metaphors.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I'd bark in response.

Since you are a literalist, I'd compare you to Drax, the alien who can't understand metaphors.

Racist.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I'd bark in response.

Racist.

Don't you mean xenophobic?

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I'd bark in response.

Racist.

Don't you mean xenophobic?

Probably. I can’t keep up nowadays.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I agree seeing she has form in the past also.
Some people should not do twitter, twitter I have seen loads of people get in trouble at my work some even fired.
Think before you tweet.
edit on 2-6-2018 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Valerie Jarret does actually look like the character in Planet of the Apes, so Rosanne was commenting on the similarity.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Valerie Jarret does actually look like the character in Planet of the Apes, so Rosanne was commenting on the similarity.

It has been pointed out that she does look like Lola. But why didn't she say so in the first place?

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

It has been pointed out that she does look like Lola. But why didn't she say so in the first place?

perhaps she watched the movie close to the roundtable on TV that included Valerie Jarret and thought to herself 'oh she looks like the ape off planet of the apes'.

Seems reasonable as the resemblance is pretty striking.

edit on 2/6/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

But you had to go looking through Google pages for characters from Planet of Apes to find one that maybe, kinda, if your squint real hard, sorta looks like Valerie Jarrett, to spin some sort of justification for Roseanne's tweet that Jarrett is the offspring of "planet of the Apes" and "The Muslim Brotherhood".

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

But you had to go looking through Google pages for characters from Planet of Apes to find one that maybe, kinda, if your squint real hard, sorta looks like Valerie Jarrett, to spin some sort of justification for Roseanne's tweet that Jarrett is the offspring of "planet of the Apes" and "The Muslim Brotherhood".

So what? That’s what I did, too.

Why did I google it? Because I’d already thought she looked like a character from Planet if the Apes and wanted to find a photo as a visual aid. And, ftr, I didn’t know VJ was black either.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

That was one of the main characters and it looks just like her.
It's not very nice to call someone a terrorist without some proof I will say, but as a joke it was funny, no?
I thought you liberal types loved edgy jokes?

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I thought you liberal types loved edgy jokes?

Sure we do. But is it a good idea? If your boss is a black man, try telling him he's like an ape.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Jarret does look a touch Simian tbf.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: RowanBean

Again... duh. Was Valerie Jarrett Barr's boss? Any manner of irreverence shown to one's boss often ends in being fired. Call your boss the "orange messiah" and see if you still have a job. That whether you're in private sector, federal, or even a lowly state employee... you'd likely lose your job.
edit on 2-6-2018 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

What color is Wanda Sykes? And someone here said that she is friends with VJ.
If I told my boss he's the orange messiah, he would likely laugh.

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48 >>

join