It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Roseanne' Canceled at ABC Following Racist Tweet

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: Ameilia

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
a reply to: Ameilia

Roseanne is tweeting again.

Yay! She apologized to the cast and said she will be on Joe Rogan on Friday.

An apology wouldn't mean much to me if I were say, Sarah Gilbert. I mean, she ruined their JOBS.

That was ABC's decision, not Roseanne's.

From reading Roseanne's retweets, this evening, I think it's very likely she didn't even know Valerie Jarrett was black when she tweeted that comment.

Certainly no one cared to even wait to hear an explanation...just any excuse to froth at the mouth and point fingers.

I certainly didn’t know she was half a black like Obama.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

Palin was crucified 6 ways from Sunday

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Comedy is the hardest of the showbiz disciplines. Half the time they say what's on their minds that seems funny at the time. Bad taste is just the risk if you want to gave a laugh. But it seems nobody tells jokes any more except Putin.
edit on 30-5-2018 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Yes this is a photo of theLeft Gone Wild!

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Half a black like Obama? Are u drunk like Roseanne?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Silly woman.
Just think, if only she had called for someone to kill the sitting president, said his son was a robot or denigrated his wife's race and morals, she would have gotten a prime time slot instead of getting fired.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hendrick99
jesus what was she thinking.

Well.. It probably wasn't jesus that she was thinking about when she said it.

edit on 30-5-2018 by Artemis12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

Half a black like Obama? Are u drunk like Roseanne?

sure, you trying to find some racist stuff in my post or something?

Or don't you know anything about fractions and math?

Half of him is black.

half of him is white.

He is half and half.

Half of each.

If he was all black....DUH!

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Just sounded like something I would hear on duck dynasty or a drunk uncle at Christmas or a presidential tweet.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Just sounded like something I would hear on duck dynasty or a drunk uncle at Christmas or a presidential tweet.

Common sense and logic.

Alien stuff for the left.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
I think she was threatened into it.

No question about it.

They are Desperate.

😲

I think YOU are the desperate one - desperate to lay blame at the feet of the "Loony Left" at any chance that you get.

This time it's blatantly obvious.

Thanks for showing everyone your true colours.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Funny how crotch grabbing, national anthem butchering, Nazi dressing, Roseanne Barr is now the champion of free speech to the very people that are mad at kapernick LMAO!!!! Can't make this stuff up folks! We must be living in bizzarro world, Kanye and Roseanne are the voice of reason for the trumpsters!!

Yep, you must indeed be living in "bizzarro world", because I don't live there.

Rosanne is no pinnacle of free speech, not in my world anyway (unlike yours). She can say or do whatever she likes, but she doesn't speak for me. Kapernick is a jackass; he made his stand and it cost him his career. See, cause and effect. It's real simple (well, for people who don't live in bizarro world). Kanye, he's a jackass too, and you know what? He doesn't speak for me either, but then again...I don't live in bizarro world, unlike yourself.

So, enjoy the bizarro world you have fabricated in your own mind, I'm sure the sky is pretty there, just peachy for screaming at. Just make sure to wear your pussy hat pulled down over your eyes, as usual; it makes your altered reality all the more believable.

That is all.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:54 AM
link   
And on a general note...

I don't particularly care for Rosanne Barr, and the Star Spangled Banner stunt will not soon be forgiven by me (and not so coincidentally, same goes for Kapernick). ABC might have dumped Rosanne, and Disney's stock might have gone down, but you know what? Rosanne's stock just went up several points. People may not like that, but it's true.

Now for Valerie Jarret. Ms. Jarret is a prime example of what's wrong with our government. She's right up there with Hillary as a poster child for "pay to play". She was not elected by this country to lead anything, yet she had nearly limitless power to negotiate shady deals 100% of which were backroom agenda driven quid pro quo scams. So, needless to say, I don't have a very high opinion of her either!

Rosanne Barr is known for having a big mouth. That she let her alligator mouth get her piss-ant ass in a sling should come as no surprise to anyone! It's what defined her WAY BACK IN THE 80'S, people! Now, all of sudden, everybody is in an uproar because she makes some crack about one of Obama's insiders and clandestine operators?

If Rosanne had made the exact same crack about Trump, she'd be up for a Nobel Prize! C'mon people, wake the F# up!!

The hypocrisy has become deafening!
edit on 5/30/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

If Rosanne had made the exact same crack about Trump, she'd be up for a Nobel Prize! C'mon people, wake the F# up!!

The hypocrisy has become deafening!

To be fair, likening Trump to an Orangatan isn't racist, unless there are a lot more orange-coloured people out there who experience the same sort of treatment that black people have - and still do in some parts - that I have never heard about?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

She didn't know she was black, now she said she was on ambien when she tweeted the offensive tweets. She is suggesting she was fired because of her support for Trump
well which is it guys was she telling it how it is or was she speaking the words of someone on sleeping pills?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Or...

3.) Nobody really gives a flying F#!

So, before you go there; why then do I seemingly care (you might be wondering)? Actually, I don't, except for fact it's seemingly such "big news" (gasp!). The alt left has been just itching for a reason to crush Barr since her debut. Why? Because she's a human hair's width to the right of brain dead. And we all know, you can't truly satisfy the left unless you're all wigged out on SSRI's for your ADHD-LMNOP and stab yourself in the face with a screwdriver while screaming at the purple monsters in the sky with your pussy hat and ANTIFA T-shirt on. Oh, and don't forget the Starbucks!
edit on 5/30/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

Your post displays a disgusting ignorance of the plight of ginger people all over the world who for centuries have suffered discrimination purely because of the colour of their hair. For shame.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: Kryties

Your post displays a disgusting ignorance of the plight of ginger people all over the world who for centuries have suffered discrimination purely because of the colour of their hair. For shame.

Funny thing is I almost made a "Ginger" disclaimer in that post lolol

edit on 30/5/2018 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

EXACTLY....

Funny how "other groups" are 100% fair game and the people from those "other groups" are supposed to STFU and take it, and or even buy the people dishing it out drinks as "reparations" for something that other group very provably did to themselves much more than "other groups" did.

This is how you create the kind of back lash that gets out of hand by only holding SOME GROUPS to an impossibly high standard while declaring it open season on them...

People, no matter which group they come from, should really ask themselves if they're willing to kill or die over a very deliberately created smokescreen because that is where this is headed.
edit on 30-5-2018 by roguetechie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I have an admission to make. I actually liked the show, always did. I have even watched the first few episodes of the new season and intend to watch the rest.

I know I know *****GASP***** How could a member of the "Loony Left" possibly like that show knowing her political persuasion? Perhaps the confusion over that would be less if some people realised that you cannot lump large groups of people into one basket.

Anyway, the point is, I don't think the show should have been canned. Yes, the tweet was wrong - no doubt about that - and she deserves to be raked over the coals publicly - but we also have to remember that she did apologise and take responsibility for what she said, and I would be a hypocrite if I were to claim I had never said anything while "under the influence" (if one believes her about the Ambien) and regretted it later on.

So yeah. Carry on.

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join