It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Roseanne' Canceled at ABC Following Racist Tweet

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

I keep hearing people bitch about Jimmy Kimmel and the view but can you show quotes where they made racist comments?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: RowanBean

Shes going on joe Rogan Friday

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

My problem with this is her dumba## got everyone else fired too. She shouldn't have said it, and should suffer the consequences, but I really feel for the other actors/actresses on that show.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   
You know one thing no one has brought up, that really cheeses me off as a woman?

Is when women (especially those who proclaim they are all for women's rights and breaking down beauty standards and so on) condemn other women for their appearance when denigrating their job performance or who they are as a person.

Instead of coming out clearly with why someone isn't suitable for a job, is not a nice person, what do these women do? They go straight for the appearance.

That person is too fat, too thin, too hairy, too pale, too black, too ugly, wears pantsuits, has too much work done, bodybuilds too much etc etc etc

Ladies, seriously, stop with the shaming of the appearances of your fellow women. If you got something to say about the behaviour or actions of another lady - do so without being so base about appearances.

Thanks.

(and that also includes, don't denigrate your fellow woman for their sexuality)

Crikey - how can we as a gender move forward for equality if we can't even be "equal" together in the sisterhood?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: proteus33

I keep hearing people bitch about Jimmy Kimmel and the view but can you show quotes where they made racist comments?

Here's Jimmy Kimmel in blackface:

edit on 5/29/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

My thoughts back when my own party was heaving the misogyny on Hillary Clinton, during the 2008 Democratic Primary. And when Democrats called Sarah Palin a Caribou Barbie and a diva.

I wondered why Democratic women would not stand up for them for the sake of all women.

The sexism and misogyny were very much a part of why I left the party. They just exploit women when it suits their politics....just like they do black Americans.

IMO, it's best to be an unaffiliated voter and carry water for what you believe in and not a ridiculous political party.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I'll see you and raise you.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: auroraaus

IMO, it's best to be an unaffiliated voter and carry water for what you believe in and not a ridiculous political party.

Hear Hear!

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

Roseanne is tweeting again.

Yay! She apologized to the cast and said she will be on Joe Rogan on Friday.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

Maybe we'll finally see the reason behind it.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   

An apology wouldn't mean much to me if I were say, Sarah Gilbert. I mean, she ruined their JOBS.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia

An apology wouldn't mean much to me if I were say, Sarah Gilbert. I mean, she ruined their JOBS.

That was ABC's decision, not Roseanne's.

From reading Roseanne's retweets, this evening, I think it's very likely she didn't even know Valerie Jarrett was black when she tweeted that comment.

Certainly no one cared to even wait to hear an explanation...just any excuse to froth at the mouth and point fingers.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Ya, because Rosanne was talking about evolution

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: RowanBean

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: ketsuko

It's a re-run of an American classic. TCM airs Gone With The Wind every so often too. It's a commentary on the day, not on TOday.
yah not to Mention using the old straw man of the parties switching sides. That is just so 2012.

Doesn't matter. It's still being aired, and you can still watch it TOday.

People don't want kids reading Huckleberry Finn despite it being a depiction of it's day and not TOday because kids TOday find it offensive to read the colloquial speech of that time period.

So what are you saying? Should we ban historic classic books and theatricals that show how we used to be, because it might encourage closeted bigots to act out?

Why not? We ban flags and pulled down statues.

We also ignore how the Democrat Party was responsible for slavery in the south and the founders of the KKK.

*Dixiecrat Party
Fixed for you. You're welcome.

Hmmm...
Defending a political party for actually enslaving people, while condemning a comedienne for a tasteless, possibly racist joke that bombed.

I won't judge.
yah not to mention using the straw man argument that the parties switched sides. That is just so 2012.
edit on 29-5-2018 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: NthOther
a reply to: intrepid

Exactly. If the ratings were high enough, another network will pick it up.

Probably Fox.

It seems a lot of her cast mates were so mad they refused to go back to the show.

This is the aspect of the story that I actually found the most troubling. Some of the cast mates in question have known Roseanne for YEARS and I would THINK that they have always had a level of understanding of "who" she is, of what kind of person.

By way of taking part in the revival they clearly had no qualms working with Roseanne. So after years of being some version of "friends" with her, after a single comment (as stupid, insulting, etc as it may be), they essentially not only abandon her but add to the avalanche.

For my part, the construction program that I'm involved in now (which is thankfully wrapping up) has been remarkably intense and there has been a LOT of bad blood between the different entities involved. Although in my region things have more or less been diplomatic, there has been tremendous tension to meet (sometimes ridiculous) milestones. Anyway, to make a long story short, one day a new member of one of the other entities was introduced and the immediate reaction from my engineer was SO rude, SO insulting and SO uncalled for that everyone in the room was shocked into silence. Although what she said wasn't racist or sexist, it was really, REALLY bad.

However, even though I was mortified by her and, to put it bluntly, PISSED at her... knowing "who" she is overall I didn't abandon her or file a complaint. Later that morning I had a conversation with her and explained that this new person had done nothing wrong (yet, anyway). Ultimately she apologized to the other person and after a short while it was all water under the bridge.

This was someone that I've known for about a year and change. For people who have known Roseanne for decades (and some of which owe the entirety of their career to her) to SUDDENLY be so upset (after the various paydays).... I don't find them much better than the worst possible version of Roseanne that may exist.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   
kek

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
# what about pulp fiction? one of the greatest movies ever

"do you see a sign in my yard that say dead 'n-word' storage?"
"no."
"cause storing dead 'n-word's ain't my business"

people would lose their # today

I was actually not at all a fan of that back then. It looked like a cheap excuse for QT to say that word, and it was painful. On top of that, no one thinks QT should put himself in his own movies. This is a pretty universal truth. Dude is a terrible actor. Undoubtedly the worst part of Pulp Fiction. Swap him out and his pathetic attempt to say a no-no word and then, it might be one of the greater movies.
edit on 30-5-2018 by okrian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Funny how crotch grabbing, national anthem butchering, Nazi dressing, Roseanne Barr is now the champion of free speech to the very people that are mad at kapernick LMAO!!!! Can't make this stuff up folks! We must be living in bizzarro world, Kanye and Roseanne are the voice of reason for the trumpsters!!

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Classic, the bar does get lower than Trump...

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join