It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Roseanne' Canceled at ABC Following Racist Tweet

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: RowanBean

Or maybe people are just way too quick to pull the trigger these days.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I'm getting so sick of hearing about racism when in the community I live as a white male I face racism every single day

it's getting really old, a lot of low lifes are using this as fuel to commit violent crimes against people like me for being white

I think everybody needs to get put in check

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: RowanBean
a reply to: IAMTAT

That makes it more confusing.

Maybe Roseanne has finally gone off the rails. Or has she done that already long time ago?

OR maybe a person is NOT defined by one comment and you should consider the whole person before you judge them.

Oh I have.
I love her and her show. I used to watch Roseanne all the time. I think she's funny and my dad thought she was dumb. LOL. Different strokes I guess.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

And Darlene let her feelings be known about that as Harris' mother. I thought that played out appropriately. Roseanne has always tackled tough subjects.

Nothing wrong with garage sales though. I don't see that as an insult. You can find a lot of used/vintage/antique/collectible stuff on Etsy. Also, some artists might say that calling art 'crafts' is kind of insulting.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: ketsuko

It's a re-run of an American classic. TCM airs Gone With The Wind every so often too. It's a commentary on the day, not on TOday.

Doesn't matter. It's still being aired, and you can still watch it TOday.

People don't want kids reading Huckleberry Finn despite it being a depiction of it's day and not TOday because kids TOday find it offensive to read the colloquial speech of that time period.

So what are you saying? Should we ban historic classic books and theatricals that show how we used to be, because it might encourage closeted bigots to act out?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

It's a re-run of an American classic. TCM airs Gone With The Wind every so often too. It's a commentary on the day, not on TOday.

People don't want kids reading Huckleberry Finn despite it being a depiction of it's day and not TOday because kids TOday find it offensive to read the colloquial speech of that time period.

So what are you saying? Should we ban historic classic books and theatricals that show how we used to be, because it might encourage closeted bigots to act out?

Why not? We ban flags and pulled down statues.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

you know what's pissing a lot of people off is being told we're racist everyday then snubbed and treat like # by every other black person we meet with an entitlement attitude

2 years ago, none of this exist at this level... never had a problem getting along with black people until 2016 and this media driven culture war

real sick of it and so are a lot of other people I know

just wait for that blue wave

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   

We also ignore how the Democrat Party was responsible for slavery in the south and the founders of the KKK.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

We also ignore how the Democrat Party was responsible for slavery in the south and the founders of the KKK.

*Dixiecrat Party
Fixed for you. You're welcome.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Not that again.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

And Darlene let her feelings be known about that as Harris' mother. I thought that played out appropriately. Roseanne has always tackled tough subjects.

It was hard to watch. To me, it was normalizing. Maybe to some it was so normal it needed to be addressed.

Nothing wrong with garage sales though. I don't see that as an insult. You can find a lot of used/vintage/antique/collectible stuff on Etsy. Also, some artists might say that calling art 'crafts' is kind of insulting.

The thing is, ABCs "Grownish" has Zoey, a fashion design student, utilizeing EBay as a profesional personal shopper. Then ABC throws shade at ETSY on Rosanne, that maybe their sellers may be selling stolen goods. I saw it and I saw it as a cheap shot.

edit on 29-5-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Honestly, I don't think the tweet was intended to be rascist, it was just a poor choice of words. I really don't care much for Roseanne, but I think her trailer park mentality probably doesn't equate what she said with rascism. To many thin skinned people out there... funny thing is, it seems like Roseanne has typically been thin skinned as well.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

As if ABC went to the writers of Roseanne and said, "In this other show, we built up eBay, so now we want you to make ETSY look like the trailer trash site of the internet ..."

You do understand that anytime you buy something on the internet from any site, it's buyer beware?

People were buying eclipse glasses off of Amazon that could burn their eyes out because the dealers did not have them rated properly. But that's Amazon. Am I throwing a cheap shot to point that out?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

It was hard to watch. To me, it was normalizing. Maybe to some it was so normal it needed to be addressed.

Yes, I guess it's all about what you want to watch. My BFF is a social worker and especially liked that episode.

I just don't think the Etsy thing was a big deal. It's not like the merchandise sold is vetted like a pawn shop would. I don't think it's on Etsy to even do that...the logistics of vetting all that merchandise would be too unreasonably burdensome.

But, again, personal tastes differ.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   

"We also ignore how the Democrat Party was responsible for slavery in the south and the founders of the KKK."

*Dixiecrat Party
Fixed for you. You're welcome.

All that happened in 1948?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Notice that it says that the political position is right-wing?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

As if ABC went to the writers of Roseanne and said, "In this other show, we built up eBay, so now we want you to make ETSY look like the trailer trash site of the internet ..."

Oh honey, they're competitors, and these are advertiser/sponsors. Every nuance counts. EBay advertises with ABC, ETSY doesn't, I guess. Ergo, the obvious shade.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   
FWIW, Roseanne retweeted this:

I didn't know she was black either.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   

a reply to: MotherMayEye

Notice that it says that the political position is right-wing?

Yes, I am aware that Democrats are very right wing. Are you?

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join