It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Roseanne' Canceled at ABC Following Racist Tweet

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Given that it's still being aired, endorses is entirely proper.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Roseanne's Son and God son:

twitter.com...

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

MSNBC provided viewers with one of the most tone-deaf moments in cable news history on Tuesday when Andrea Mitchell asked Joy Reid about a racist tweet that Roseanne Barr sent about former Obama aide Valerie Jarrett.

Last month, Reid famously kinda-sorta admitted to writing homophobic slurs that she’d previously insisted were the work of diabolical hackers.

On Tuesday, after Barr sent a racist tweet, Mitchell asked Reid – who is in Philadelphia to co-moderate a town hall event – about social media behavior in a moment that was captured by TheWrap’s Jon Levine.

Mitchell asked, "What do you have to do on social media to get fired from a top rated show on an American broadcast network?"

www.foxnews.com...

absolutely hilarious!

Let the virtue signalling commence!

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Roseanne's Son and God son:

The one on the right looks like a damn Baboon... And look at the fat MO in the back...wait he is black I take that back...

edit on 29-5-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

That makes it more confusing.

Maybe Roseanne has finally gone off the rails. Or has she done that already long time ago?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean

Maybe Roseanne has finally gone off the rails. Or has she done that already long time ago?

Went off the rails in the 80s... only change is society... lol

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Her son definitely looks like John Goodman. Hmm...just sayin'. Methinks he's the baby daddy!

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: Grambler

ABC knew who they were hiring...someone who was once sued for posting George Zimmerman's parents' address on Twitter because she wanted justice for Trayvon.

THAT was ok with ABC. But, THIS, crosses a line?

Yeah, whatever.

For whatever reason besides this tweet, ABC did not want the reboot to continue.

ABC never thought a Trump supporter would get that high of rating. They were probably hoping to cancel it as being a failure so they could say nobody wants to see a Trump supporter on TV. It is the second most popular show, given time, it could have been the most popular show on TV supporting Trump and we are only 2 years away from elections.

ABC had to get rid of it. Writer quiting is just smoke and mirrors.

Bye Rosanne. I grew up watching your show and I hope you land well from this.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
a reply to: Xtrozero

Her son definitely looks like John Goodman. Hmm...just sayin'. Methinks he's the baby daddy!

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Makes what more confusing? The assumption of racism?

Could be that she's actually not and just said something stupid without thinking about it through the modern racial lens.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It's a re-run of an American classic. TCM airs Gone With The Wind every so often too. It's a commentary on the day, not on TOday.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   
the media is running with this and trying to capitalize with an #everydayracism hashtag on Twitter

they are really driving the culture war

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   
The show had the following

1 . A transgender kid
2. A bi-racial granddaughter
3. A Muslim neighbor
4. A wacky leftist aunt

What else did it need???

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Makes what more confusing? The assumption of racism?

Could be that she's actually not and just said something stupid without thinking about it through the modern racial lens.

That's exactly what I have been saying. She should have thought more before making that silly tweet.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I didn't care for the episode where Darlene's daughter had an ETSY shop selling stolen clothes, and Rosanne physically assaulted her. I didn't like the way they portrayed ETSY as an online "garage sale" either. eBay is an online garage sale. ETSY is an online craft show.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   

OR maybe a person is NOT defined by one comment and you should consider the whole person before you judge them.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Short thread on Roseanne tweet from Thomas Wictor:

(1) I'm going to write the teleplay for an episode of Season Two of "Roseanne," which will be picked up by another network after the dust settles.

twitter.com...

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Ol Val always deserved more attention.

Like really deep attention, mike Flynn level attention.

She looks like a F’n muppet btw.

Outrage is big biz, ask Al Sharpie.

I heard a joke.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: ketsuko

It's a re-run of an American classic. TCM airs Gone With The Wind every so often too. It's a commentary on the day, not on TOday.

Doesn't matter. It's still being aired, and you can still watch it TOday.

People don't want kids reading Huckleberry Finn despite it being a depiction of it's day and not TOday because kids TOday find it offensive to read the colloquial speech of that time period.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

OR maybe a person is NOT defined by one comment and you should consider the whole person before you judge them.

I agree with that. We all say stupid things from time to time, for a variety of reasons.

I am not in a position to know her heart and don't find this to be a big deal.

It's just sad that these sorts of things play-out on social media.

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join