It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Roseanne' Canceled at ABC Following Racist Tweet

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Nope. I never called her a racist. I just want to know her intention behind her tweet. Some think she meant Lola. Others think it's a racist tweet. That's why the outrage.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Black people have been picked on. Asians have been picked on. Mexicans have been picked on. And yes white people have been picked on.

link   
a reply to: RowanBean

I'm thinking you would fall over with a seizure if you ever watched Don Rickles routines from the Dean Martin roasts.

link   

originally posted by: RowanBean
a reply to: ketsuko

Nope. I never called her a racist. I just want to know her intention behind her tweet. Some think she meant Lola. Others think it's a racist tweet. That's why the outrage.

I think she meant any number of Planet of the Apes characters. I just chose one that popped up when I searched for 'Planet of the Apes.'

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

She's got more of a Dolores Umbridge thing going on to me.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

We can both agree on something... we need to be more careful what we say or face consequences. It's not much different from Trump saying that there are fine people on both sides.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

How am I being ridiculous? Her calling black people apes is as valid as you thinking she was talking about Lola from the Planet of the Apes.
We do not know what she meant unless she explains her tweet.

I apologize to Valerie Jarrett and to all Americans. I am truly sorry for making a bad joke about her politics and her looks. I should have known better. Forgive me-my joke was in bad taste.

Feel better?

I don't see her explaining what she meant by that tweet. In fact she seems to admit that it was a racist joke.

Really? Are you that dense?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

I'm thinking you would fall over with a seizure if you ever watched Don Rickles routines from the Dean Martin roasts.

You're right. I would have a seizure from all the laughter.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

How am I being ridiculous? Her calling black people apes is as valid as you thinking she was talking about Lola from the Planet of the Apes.

I apologize to Valerie Jarrett and to all Americans. I am truly sorry for making a bad joke about her politics and her looks. I should have known better. Forgive me-my joke was in bad taste.

Feel better?

I don't see her explaining what she meant by that tweet. In fact she seems to admit that it was a racist joke.

Wonderful retort. Grats.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

We can both agree on something... we need to be more careful what we say or face consequences..

Eh, just because someone can feign being absolutely outraged about an isolated comment and demand a person lose their job, it doesn't mean they should.

The consequences for this trend in social media -- to seize on an isolated comment to damage someone's career -- is going to be far worse for us all than what Roseanne is facing.

No one even asked Roseanne what she meant. No one waited a few days to get some perspective...

...instead, everyone who worked on that show was just fired.

Yay for the winners, I guess.
edit on 5/29/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Feel better?

Wonderful retort. Grats.

Roseanne said that she was sorry for making fun of Valerie's politics and her looks.

We know politics has to do with her long standing defense of the Muslim Brotherhood.

That leaves the Planet of the Apes for LOOKS and we've already shown that she looks just like Lola from the movie.

She didn't say that she was making fun of Valerie for being black. Like others here, I doubt that most people even knew Valerie was black. I know I was surprised when I found out a few years ago.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

You're right. I would have a seizure from all the laughter.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

That leaves the Planet of the Apes for LOOKS and we've already shown that she looks just like Lola from the movie.

Yes it has been shown over and over and over again. So why didn't she just say so?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Left reaction to anything that 'could' be inflammatory and can be used against Trump. Most people do not even know what she said also. Besides I thought vj was slang for a body part...LOL

edit on Maypm31pmf0000002018-05-29T17:46:19-05:000519 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

We can ask Wanda Sykes about it.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Like others here, I doubt that most people even knew Valerie was black. I know I was surprised when I found out a few years ago.

I honestly didn't care. Apparently her race is only important when she's being insulted for her politics or physical similarities to a Hollywood makeup effects creation. I have a dream of a day when adults will return to the wise adage of "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never harm me." but then again that doesn't fill attention whore hole or generate votes from pandered to voters, so that dream will likely go unfulfilled.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Besides I thought vj was slang for a body part...LOL

LOL. Glad I'm not the only one.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Left reaction to anything that 'could' be inflammatory and can be used against Trump. Most people do not even know what she said also. Besides I thought vj was slang for a body part...LOL

LOL... that's the angle Roseanne should have taken on this. "I was referencing the vajayjay, obviously. It's like a Muslim Brotherhood member when it's covered, undergarments serving as a burka to hide it from all eyes. But behind closed doors, when the burka is removed it's 100% Dr Zaius."

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
People are so indoctrinated and so ensnared in this left/right war they never can see and acknowledge just a horribly racist statement for itself. They always have to put some kind of anti-left spin on it.

This lady’s statements were horrendous. She herself acknowledged it and apologized.

Black people were particularly degraded by racists when they called them ape-like so this is a very sensitive area. For her not to understand that is unlikely.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

a reply to: LesMisanthrope

An Arab and an ape had a baby named Valerie Jarrett. So that seems to mean that she is half ape. A talking ape at that.

No, a bunch of evil nasty jihadists trying to take over the world and a rebellious intelligent animal had a baby, VJ, who by extrapolation would be evil, nasty, intelligent, rebellious and hell bent on world domination. Seems straightforward to me, she did work for Obama and was preparing the path for her antichrist lol.

What would have happened if it was intelligent talking hyenas in Planet of the Hyenas as the focus of roseanne's post and that was referenced instead? To draw a parallel in what she said, specifically between apes and blacks, says more about how some people think than about roseanne, and I don't even like the trashy cow.

Cheers - Dave

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join