It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Roseanne' Canceled at ABC Following Racist Tweet

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Khaleesi

I always thought the movie was a sci fi movie about a dystopian, authoritarian society.

Don't be stupid...it's about talking apes...

And here I thought all those Planet of the Apes movies were about futuristic Banana Democracies

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: RowanBean

Bad taste? Sure.

Terminable? I dunno...in the old days the network would just give a statement that those were her words, not theirs. Then life would have moved on.

She's crazy, we all know it, just that some fainted when her crazy showed.

They were looking at the dollar figures. That's the main reason.

Dollar figures?! This just happened today.

There hasn't been enough time for any fallout into dollar figures yet.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Bad taste? Sure.

Terminable? I dunno...in the old days the network would just give a statement that those were her words, not theirs. Then life would have moved on.

She's crazy, we all know it, just that some fainted when her crazy showed.

They were looking at the dollar figures. That's the main reason.

Dollar figures?! This just happened today.

There hasn't been enough time for any fallout into dollar figures yet.

They knew the show would tank. Or at least expecting it to.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Isn't Dr. Zaius White?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Grambler

For us non twits, (hehe) what did she say?

Oh, but it's ok for Michelle Wolf and all the late night losers to insult the WH press Sec. Sara Sanders and insult Melania and all the Trumps on a daily basis.

Michelle Wolf makes abhorrent & repugnant jokes about a woman - becomes darling of the left - gets TV gig.
Rosanne Barr makes abhorent & repugnant joke about woman - becomes target of lynch mob - gets TV gig cancelled.

The hypocrites can't take a joke - especially a rally biting one that targets the edge of acceptance.

Like Steve Colbert making a joke about Trump having sex with Putin, or Wanda Sykes saying that Rush Limbaugh was the 20th hijacker who forgot to turn up because he has a drug addiction problem.

Pussies who can't handle jokes =

link   
Did anyone watch it? was it any good?.

link   
Meanwhile the Divider in Chief Hussein BodyOdor gets a Netflix deal for millions of dollars.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

But you seem to want to bring historical connotation into the mix as a somehow qualifier on insults.

Singling out groups have historical connotation. Black people have gone through enough. Insulting people not based on race but based on individuals is completely different.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I thought the whole controversy to Roseanne's show was that it appealed to those Trumpkin deplorables. Surely they aren't going to abandon it over this?!

Or are you tacitly admitting they may not be all that deplorable after all?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Isn't Dr. Zaius White?

Totally looks like Trump.

I'm sure someone has gone there.
edit on 29-5-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Maybe a few are deplorables?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

But you seem to want to bring historical connotation into the mix as a somehow qualifier on insults.

Singling out groups have historical connotation. Black people have gone through enough. Insulting people not based on race but based on individuals is completely different.

Oh ok I got it.

So you cant pick on black people (even though blcak conservatoves get called things like uncle tom all the time) but its totally alright to pick on trump supporters.

We can have classes about how white people are evil, but picking on Obamas policies makes you a racist.

AM i getting these rules right?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Here's the problem - You and pretty much everyone else are jumping to the conclusion that this was aimed at the group and not at Valerie Jarrett herself.

It would like aiming a similar barb at Mike Pence, and everyone getting all offended on behalf of Christians and white folks. Of course, I know that never happens because no one can aim bigoted remarks at those two groups (*snort*), but maybe someone intended to slam Pence and not the all the rest by default.

Wonderful shield you're giving VJ, isn't it?
edit on 29-5-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

It's never good to pick on people. I am just explaining to you why picking on people based on race is worse.
And if people call you racist for picking on Obama then they're stupid.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

It would like aiming a similar barb at Mike Pence

What would happen if someone calls him a cracker?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Isn't Dr. Zaius White?

Totally looks like Trump.

I'm sure someone has gone there.

Trump needs that beard!

BTW...if 'Planet Of The Apes' is multi-racial (ape-wise)...how can a reference to POTA...be racist?
edit on 29-5-2018 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

It's never good to pick on people. I am just explaining to you why picking on people based on race is worse.

Well the overall dominant narrative isnt that its worse to pick on people based on race.

Its that one race can be picked on, but not the rest.

link   

Well, what does that make you for calling Roseanne racist for picking on Valerie Jarrett?

I mean, you admit you don't know what was intended because we need her explanation for it, but you've been calling her racist all day.

link   

It would like aiming a similar barb at Mike Pence

What would happen if someone calls him a cracker?

Right now?

People like yourself would say he deserves it. And don't play. It's the sad truth.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

a reply to: MotherMayEye

Well, if you don't know what she meant, stop claiming that she meant to call all black people 'apes.'

I'm not claiming anything, just discussing. You do agree that it was in bad taste though?
BTW you're the one who made the claim that she meant Lola. You don't know that.

I just pulled one pic...I think she could have compared to her to several characters though, so I think she probably just meant it generally.

I didn't find the Muslim Brotherhood part of Roseanne's comment to be amusing. I just don't find much funny about any religion, in general. But, I chuckled at the Planet of the Apes comparison...because I've thought that myself.

But, again...I didn't know VJ was black until today.

Here's my view: I am sick and tired of people defining others by one isolated comment or incident. One comment doesn't define Roseanne and if you think it does, then consider that she had a young black actress cast as her granddaughter on the show.

Surely actions speak louder than words.

edit on 5/29/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join