It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Roseanne' Canceled at ABC Following Racist Tweet

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
a reply to: intrepid

Exactly. If the ratings were high enough, another network will pick it up.

Probably Fox.

Eh I dont think so.

It seems a lot of her cast mates were so mad they refused to go back to the show.

Maybe given enough time, it wll come back.

But I doubt it.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
a reply to: Grambler

It didn't take long for them to blame Trump for this. lmao. Wow

Who? Where?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Unfortunate.

I've always liked Roseanne Barr, but when you say such stupid things, you may be held accountable.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I was very surprised Roseanne made a joke like that, and it was racist, i admit. I wouldn't have thought she would say something like that. I really loved her show, and it sucks.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Roseanne got “triggered,” and that “triggered” many more...

I think the loss of the show is a shame.
Don’t worry... I’ll be ok...
(Shrug)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean
More proof that Trump supporters can be as bad or worse.

I fail to see how this is proof of much of anything except perhaps the stupidity of Roseanne.

While I'm not a Trump supporter, I certainly wasn't a HRC supporter either, but I've never cared for Roseanne.

+2 more 
posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
What were the ratings like?

Through the roof, so the virtue signalling on this cancellation is EPIC. I mean there are deaf dogs halfway around the world who's ears perked up at this corporate dog whistle.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

originally posted by: RowanBean
More proof that Trump supporters can be as bad or worse.

I fail to see how this is proof of much of anything except perhaps the stupidity of Roseanne.

While I'm not a Trump supporter, I certainly wasn't a HRC supporter either, but I've never cared for Roseanne.

It's right out of the right wing playbook.
Some Hillary supporters say something stupid and all of sudden the entire left is bonkers.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I think what has happened is that the internet, YouTube, exc. have been “stealing” their ad revenue for years.

Cable (and many other sectors) are going the route of the do do , meter readers, and horse and buggy repairmen.

The watching their revenue and influence drop like a rock has made everyone HYPER sensitive to anything they feel could run off the last remaining advertisers.

This has led to them reacting to random internet commentators most of which don’t even buy their products..

We all used to know that what Random people on the internet say is meaningless...

+1 more 
posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Meh.

Too bad.

For the record, it's if Muslim Brotherhood had a daughter, she'd look like. . . .

And for the record, free speech! I defended Kathy "Off with his head" Griffin, I defended that democrat who wished Trump would be assassinated.

So Barr said something distasteful. Good lordy lordy!

I guess she's the only person on the planet who ever "drunk posted".

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

What were the ratings like?

Through the roof, so the virtue signalling on this cancellation is EPIC. I mean there are deaf dogs halfway around the world who's ears perked up at this corporate dog whistle.

You are correct.

A free market product is susceptible to such things.

+13 more 
posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: daftpink

Very high. It's over the top to sack her when other abc actors/hosts insult the sitting president and his family etc and nothing is done. In fact it is encouraged.

Insult is one thing. I checked out who VJ is and the comment was racist. It was political and it was MASSIVELY stupid.

The fact that one has to check who the target of the joke was, what their appearance, race, etc is prior to judging the "racist-ness" of a joke speaks volumes, man. The joke was rude, but that's as far as I'll go with my judgement on it.

link   

The whole “revived 90s TV” show craze might have always been a gimmick that wasn’t meant to last .

link   

Nothing productive comes from a Planet of the Apes reference. It's sad that you even have to say the above sentence.

Extremely stupid of her to do that. She suffers the consequences of her words and actions.

She had choices and chose poorly.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
It always amazes me when people say things like this and then regret it instanly. When I ever write things online, I always read it back after, just in case I said something that could be see as racist or trouble making.

We all think of jokes that we wish we could say out loud, but for obvious reasons we don't. It's just common sense in this PC world we are currently living in.

link   
What’s ironic to me is that lots on the left don’t even realize the show was helping their cause...

Did anyone see how a recent episode of how Roseanne was suspicious of some neighbors, but then needed the neighbors’ help, and Roseanne became a little familiar with others’ situation, thereby acquiring a bit of empathy and acceptance? Maybe I misinterpreted it...
edit on 5/29/2018 by japhrimu because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Profit speaks for itself, no matter what people say. If the profit goes down then BYE BYE.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Eh, I though her statement could have been racist.

Here was her tweet.

"Muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj."

VJ being valerie jarrett

Not sure I see the correlation to racism on that? isn't VJ white?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Boycott abc

this is kindergarten bs

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Eh, I though her statement could have been racist.

Here was her tweet.

"Muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj."

VJ being valerie jarrett

Not sure I see the correlation to racism on that? isn't VJ white?

Google her and you'll see why it's racist.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join